[Suggestion] How to Stop Bailers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rahulr1, Dec 21, 2014.

1. SirFrancisGobelcoque

Worst part about enemies bailing out of doomed esfs is when they bail and fail. So many suicidal engies or pathetic excuses for LAs eject just to decorate the landscape mere seconds later. Not sure if this is out of spite or desperation but it sure artificially extends that master directive. I must have Auraxiumed [Unknown] kills by now on all my chars.

If you are going to bail at least have the decency to do it right and not die of embarrassment.
  2. rahulr1

He does actually raise a very good point which I never touched on. Ejection seat. Surely if bailing and free-falling was a legitimate and intended mechanic, ejection seat wouldn't exist. People who rely on ESF as a mode of transport have no need for ejection seat, they can simply land and continue their fight on the ground. Ejection is designed to allow pilots who are dying mid flight to escape without harm. If jump jetting to safety really isn't cheese in the view of the devs why would this ulility exist?
  3. Xasapis

Those deaths count as a kill for you, not sure about directive count though.
  4. Xasapis

Play the game the way it is, not the way you want it to be. It will be less frustrating.

Using a Light Assault as a pilot, instead of the default Engineer is in no shape or form an exploit. If anything, the game would benefit if the choice of the class would be more meaningful besides the one choice on the ground (Engineer) and the two choices on the air (Engineer, LA).

On an added note, all vehicles are extremely fragile for two reasons. Ease of pull and ease of repair. If either of those would go, then the vehicle durability would need to be buffed accordingly.
  5. SirFrancisGobelcoque

They count towards
    So oftentimes you cease attacking an aircraft to get the bailed pilot, except he has already crashed into the ground. +1 kill but no directive progress. In that time the aircraft has now crashed into the ground as well, so now the vehicle kill isn't attributed to your weapon either. Zero weapon progress for 1 kill and 1 Vkill is frusterating when it happens so often.

IMO fall damage should credit the last weapon used against them, not be a separate death type unto itself
  6. Xasapis

It could be worse. You could be playing during the game's launch. Aka, zero exp for vehicle kills, zero exp for assists of any kind and players instantly exited the game when logging out, meaning zero exp for player kills.
  7. MarkAntony

Those were the days lol. A certain player on miller was master at this...

Anyway.. this thread is BS. Bailing as it is is fine. L2P
  8. Pirbi

I thought the whole air game was to be as annoying as possible? Why should pilots not try to annoy other pilots? My favorite was dealing with all the AA lock-on missile spam so I pulled my own and started getting /tells mocking my "skill". Have a talk with your own faction first if you want 'honorable' sky kills, buddy. Your 'rules' mean nothing up there.
  9. Milspec

Remove redeploy in midair or in the middle of combat? /fully support. Nice idea.
    • Up x 1
  10. Milspec

No bailout above very low altitude / very low speed, no problem.

Rationale: Respawn exists in game, so aircraft are engineered to deny you the option to bail out specifically to force you to fight to the death. Because that war asset cost your empire nanites, and you were supposed to do something useful with it.

I imagine a new recruit asking a flight instructor "How do I bail out if I'm in trouble?". His answer: "HARDEN UP BUTTERCUP! YOU DON'T NEED TO BAIL BECAUSE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO WIN THE FIGHT FOR YOUR EMPIRE!"
  11. JustBoo

Do they get a little Kamikaze ceremony before they take off? Some nice tea and cakes? A head-band? Hey, SOE can sell some Kamikaze heads / helmets and make a fortune. And of course, we have history to prove how well that whole Kamikaze thing worked out. :rolleyes:

I VOTE they have to wait 10 minutes after dying and watch a video of Kamikaze ceremonies and sign a promise in blood that they will WIN next time BUTTERCUP or next time it will be a 20 minute wait. NO EXCEPTIONS. Or you could just join the RL Air Force. Naw, who'd actually do that!

Yeah, players will LOVE these new 'features!' Waiting is fun kids!

Get it now: CoffinSide 2. ( Coz' Peoples Gotz Ta' Have Der' Stats Man! )
  12. Obstruction

completely. so you have to walk 1500m when you flip your flash. new meta is /logout /suicide /play different game meta. also the irony is real/woosh.
  13. GoyoElGringo

Damn this thread, everytime I look at the forum and see it, I think it says "How to Stop Ballers"
    • Up x 1
  14. Milspec

Dude. What part of RESPAWN did you not understand? lol
  15. Milspec

Wow did you even read? I guess not. I refer you to the part about "in midair or in combat" as the conditions where you can't redeploy. We can work on the definition of "in combat" because that's what intelligent people do before making changes, as opposed to throwing out straw man arguments.
  16. Kunavi

Sure, bail out. Use that implant, perform a stunt, but one thing I really think needs to go; LAs in pilot seat. Or driver seat, to keep it low on discrimination ;) Now that's extremely cheap, especially combined with another equally cheap option, of having C4 on LA. Both are just stupid decisions.
  17. Obstruction

double woosh
  18. Xasapis

So instead of expanding the use of different classes in vehicles, we should limit them? And while at it, limit the already limited role of the LA even further, by stripping all utility from the class besides jumpjet?

Do you understand why the game will evolve, if it does exactly the opposite of what you suggest?
  19. Obstruction

trust me, there's so much to choose from when running a search on this topic. from Tela "Tired of Ballin" to Waka Flocka to Travis Porter to really old swishahouse stuff and even some extremely played out/raggedy/need to retire E40 feat. Short Dog. you can find them all yourself.

but what i think finally won me over in the end was this little gem by Jermaine Dupri feat. Nate Dogg. i don't even really like Jermaine that much, but the video really wins me over with the appearance by Robin Leach. RIP Nate Dogg.

and so to answer your question "How to Stop Ballers?" the answer is you can't.

we gonna ball out til we fall out.
    • Up x 1
  20. Milspec

To be honest, that's a problem PS1 had. Hotdropping was the transport mechanism of choice, making other transport pretty irrelevant. It also was le cheesy killspam option - the reason bases had walls, turrets and shields was to make the enemy have to overcome those defenses with team gameplay, not just bypass them with a 3-cert investment.

I would think that PS2's teamplay would be hurt by the same. Hence my opposition to bailing out vs making someone land. The plane stays on the minimap, the enemy can see it and know the probable direction of the infantry's approach, and that adds a skill component to infiltrating an enemy base.

It also means staying in the plane and fighting until it's dead becomes a more attractive option by comparison, which is good. Fighty planes should fight, not become easy-mode insertion tools by default.