[Suggestion] How to Stop Bailers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rahulr1, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Alarox

Except >90% of the time when I bail from a tank that was destroyed, all I do is run over to a tree and redeploy.

Also, you should change your argument in light of this.

Previously you said, "If I destroy your vehicle then I beat you and deserve the kill."

You should be saying, "If I destroy your vehicle then I beat you and deserve the kill, unless that particular act of bailing required a certain amount of skill that I deem appropriate".
    • Up x 2
  2. rahulr1

But if you jumped out of a tank and I was in another tank the chances of me killing you after you've bailed are massively higher than the chances of me killing an aircraft bailer.
  3. Alarox

Usually you have a 0% chance of killing me in time, whereas a bailer is floating in the air.
  4. rahulr1

Fair enough. If you land and run to safety...fair play. The only reason I never explored this is because 99% of aircraft bails don't involve a skilled landing. They're all the same. Fly high, jump out, redeploy. Nothing is ever different.
  5. \m/SLAYER\m/

6. rahulr1

I'm not going to argue with your claim :') but from experience I kill most tank bailers. Sure you can probably shoot an aircraft bailer if you try hard enough but free-falling fundamentally requires ZERO skill and is in fact in itself a good way to dodge incoming fire due to your speed.

That's MattiAce... He plays on my server and is an exception. He's a master pilot and most people cannot achieve the things he can.

Also, did you note how even HE said that it was difficult to kill bailers?
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

do you even try? i play on Cobalt too, some could be killed, some were escaped.. can't see any problem, most times i dont even hunt them, because some of them could get mad, and swap faction...
  8. McToast

Moin
    If I'm able to kill bailing pilots, you can be too. I'm certainly no Mattiace, but if I'm not directly engaged with another aircraft or with a lot of G2A I kill 95% of the bailing pilots. It basically is the same as with ground vehicles. If I can manage to kill a lone tank out in the open I can also kill the driver most of the time when he bails out. If I kill a tank that was dug in between other tanks I usually can't kill the driver before he reaches cover and redeploys. Killing stuff with aircrafts just takes a bit more practise, that's all.
  9. rahulr1

Mhmm... killing aircraft bailers is far from impossible I agree. I don't have a problem if someone bails survives and fights on the ground, it's bailing a redeploying in mid air which ticks me off. The only reason people do it is to deny kills because they KNOW that the other person has already killed them if they've hit the ground. I see this as abusing game mechanics rather than surviving via a legitimate method.
  10. McToast

You can leave vehicles instantly and LAs can fly/drift with their jetpacks. There is no game mechanic "abused" here. It's just legitimate gameplay.
    Denying kills is part of the game. I do it when I'm getting chased by a MAX as infantry, I do it when I exit a burning tank. Sometimes I still fight back, using mines and an AV turret. Most of the time I just redeploy.
    You've killed the other player when you've killed the other player, not when you've killed his vehicle. Destroying a vehicle doesn't mean that you've earned the infantrykill.

Give all aircrafts an ejection seat by default and the pilot a parachute.
  11. Obstruction

how about we just remove redeploy so this guy can pad his k/d? seems reasonable.
  12. \m/SLAYER\m/

so if my Flash flipped.. i will not go on foot another 15 min
  13. CMDante

Just make vehicle kills count towards rocket levels and k/d or whatever you're all on about. There's no way to make people not bail so just make it so we aren't denied our points.
    • Up x 1
  14. jstrecu

What about learning to kill bailing pilots?
    Should we forbid people from droping out of a galaxy as soon as it starts taking damage? If you can destroy it you deserve those 12 kills don't you? :rolleyes:

An aircraft, as any other vehicle, is a weapon and a tool/objet used by players. Destroying it does not necessary mean killing the person inside it. A vehicle is not a player, it's just something he uses.

I don't like people who bail either, but when I started playing I used the ESF as a transport to fly to the base I wanted to fight at. I would go as close as possible tto the base and as soon as I started taking damage I would bail out with my LA and join the fight.
    It's good that people who are starting in the game can use vehicles to travel and move around so they can get used to them before engaging enemies.
    What you are asking for is to force newbies and less skilled players to die everytime they pull an ESF and someone shoots at them.

I'm sorry, but you are being selfish.
    • Up x 1
  15. BlueSkies

vehicle/equipment kills count towards directives for that weapon... specifically because of this

its why people are knifing spitfires
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

i thought it counts as equipment
  17. Meeka

Meh, so you lose one kill.

If a person can bail out and escape a flaming vehicle, more power to them.

If you can't kill the pilot, you don't deserve the kill. Easy enough.
    • Up x 2
  18. William Petersen

That's a totally different circumstance. Player bails out of an aircraft probably did so hundreds of meters away from the people who were shooting him, and is behind a mountain. Player who bails out of a tank is right next to the tank and almost certainly in LoS of whatever blew up the tank.

All these "Hur hur, jus shut hem, nub! 10 sekinds iz ferever!" are probably SkyScrubs who are just defending their own BS tactic. At the very least they've never actually shot at air to know the kind of BS AA has to deal with.
  19. William Petersen

Okey, so how do you determine the difference? I think we need a new one-person weapon-less aircraft for say 200 resource that lets you bail freely, and every other vehicle (except flash) can no longer be exited by driver and maybe gunners (see what I did there?) within say 5 seconds of the craft taking damage).
  20. JustBoo

[IMG]