[Suggestion] How to Stop Bailers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rahulr1, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Jaquio

Bailing out of a fight you lost and redeploying is cheese, and it's not limited to air.

A little bit ago at a fight in Broken Arch, I watched a TR in a Lightning get ambushed, and bailed out of his flaming tank. He ran behind a rock as I was shooting him from above. I waited, aiming for the kill but he didn't appear. I approached the rock, and sure enough, he had run behind it and hit redeploy. I know this because 30 seconds later he comes barreling to the point I'm at in a brand new Lightning, firing at me.

It's a cheese mechanism that punishes accomplishment, and it's the kind of thing that on a large scale makes people look for different games to play.

I'd support a 60 second timer on redeploying after exiting a vehicle, but it'll probably get shouted down by the cheesers.
    • Up x 1
  2. rahulr1

THANK YOU! SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS XD
  3. Rovertoo

I must be weird. I bail out of planes, feel free to sue me, but I don't even consider K/D or even redeploying. I bail so I can live to keep fighting mostly. If it's above a battle I'll try and kill as many guys as I can while behind enemy lines, or if it's in an empty field I'll fight tooth and nail trying to gun down the ESF that shot me. I've even won some!
    • Up x 1
  4. rahulr1

I'd say it's fine if you're bailing to continue the fight on the ground. If you're bailing to pad your K/D then it's 'cheese'... Hence why mid-air redeploying should go away...less cheese. You you land safely then yeah sure feel free to redeploy on the ground.
  5. jstrecu

What are aaaaaaallllll those problems ? I don't see any, list them please.

Again, when you destroy a vehicle, you are destroying a tool not the player using that tool.
    Should we also prevent engies to get out of mana turrets once they take hits? Or squad drops from gals that are about to explode?
    • Up x 1
  6. rahulr1

Galaxys are made to bail from so that's ok, you need to move to cover to bail from ground vehicles and turrets. Hitting eject then redeploy requires no skill and is already effective if you want to survive. That's the problem here. Removing mid-air redeploying will remove the abuse of fall speed to 'cheesily' deny kills.
  7. McToast

Moin
    Who decides that it's not intended to bail out of ESFs? You?
    • Up x 3
  8. jstrecu

But they should drop from the gal when they reach their destination, that's the purpose of the gal....
    If they drop in their own territory because they are under heavy fire, then they are denying you those 12 kills you deserve! That's a cheesy bailout! We can't allow that to happen...

See how ridiculous it sounds? :)
    • Up x 2
  9. FieldMarshall

PS1 had a fix for bailers. Just saying..
    SoE already solved that problem. Guess they dont want to copy off someone, even if its themselves(?)...
    No problems copying bad stuff from CoD though :rolleyes:
  10. zaspacer

What about Ground Vehicle users that bail before their Vehicle explodes? This game should track vehicles destroyed (and whose it was) and Infantry killed separately.

Pilots should all have parachutes that can deploy after they bail from their Air Vehicle (maybe in their utility slot). You could double back and shoot the parachutist if you want.

I don't have any problem with players playing LA and jumping out of their Air Vehicles. I think in part it's just that Resources are so plentiful that people don't care about losing their Vehicle.

I wish each Class had an ability that made them more desirable as Vehicle drivers beyong just Engineers, LA in Air, and Infils in Wraith Flashes. Class specific Utility slots would be cool.

+1 This.

Aces in real life get kills for shooting down planes. Tank killers track kills for number of Tanks destroyed. This game should track target kills, not ambiguously track only actual kills of Infantry.
    • Up x 1
  11. NoctD

Used to be, people would fly as Engineers so they could repair their planes. Still is a valid choice really - there's far too much downtime if you're running Vehicle Stealth and can't land and do major repairs.
    • Up x 1
  12. Demigan

Hey man, stop exaggerating. I can kill a ground vehicle bailer 99% of the time, I doubt you can escape that easily and even if you could, than you are one lucky man but that doesn't change the overall game. The OP's request isn't unfair or over the top, A simple system such as not being able to redeploy while falling/hovering would stop this and get a bit more fair game. Still allow LA's to be used etc, just make it take longer for them to get to the redeploy part.
  13. Obstruction

that's only true if you're farming infantry over high pop, or just bad. sure, sometimes stealth is fun and you'd go engineer for that, but most of the time you want nanites because minor damage is neither worth landing for nor worth wasting FS. most of the time you just circle out wide and let nanites repair you while you scout around and reposition.

everyone likes to say that downtime is worse without repairing but the truth that i've learned in all my time libbing is that when you reach a certain point in skill progression you really don't have that extra downtime aside from a few situations - situations for which you'd just go pull a different loadout anyway.

the truth is my team and i have played as LA, Heavy, Infil, and even carried tailgun medics while playing for the objectives in off hours. it honestly doesn't matter what job you fly as, and it certainly doesn't matter if you go LA and jump when the plane catches fire. it's just that much faster to pull again in my opinion, and it pleases me to know it pisses some people off.

so for any fellow LA pilots that happen to read this and have wondered about the "downtime" without engineer, here's a little trade secret you can adopt for yourself: pull a repair sundy and stash it a base back from where you're working. "land and repair" indeed. if you're ESF, get some squaddie to take ownership that isn't going to be flying. if you're Libbing, get the tail to pull or take ownership so he gets some extra repping points to round out his xp. your'e welcome. :)
  14. Demigan

Not sure what your intent was with the video, but Matti, who isn't exactly a bad pilot, even says that these kills are tough to get. And we only see the successful kills in this video, not his misses and failures. He also uses a rather unfair reasoning, which is "You have to make it as hard to kill you, therefore it's allowed". But is that really fair? Imagine if aircraft bailers could escape 100% of the time, would that be fair to the tank bailers? Or the game in general? Ofcourse not!

I'm all for making it harder for my enemy to kill me, or the other way around. But there needs to be borders that shouldn't be crossed. If it's too easy for one unit, pilots in this case, to escape, then it's not fair.

Let's look at it from another perspective, the ground perspective. In an ESF you can still follow your enemy and blow them out of the sky. But as Skyguard? Lock-on Heavy? Burster MAX? Try and kill them then! You destroy their aircraft a few hundred meters away from you usually, and they got momentum to carry them even further before they activate their jets. This makes it for aircraft bailers who bailed because of AA much easier, almost 100% chance, to escape, unless they drop on top of more enemies. But then it's not a kill, not even an assist, of the one taking down the plane.
    • Up x 1
  15. Dieter Perras

KD means nothing your score per minute is a far better indicator of a skilled player.
  16. NinjaTurtle

There is no problem
  17. NinjaTurtle

In a ground vehicle I can bail and escape with 100% effectiveness. As an Infiltrator all I need to do is bail cloak and sit and wait for 10 seconds.

This also takes no skill which it seems is what the OP is basing his whole argument on. It's unfair, well boo hoo
  18. Obstruction

stealth is an exception, and i'm pretty sure that's exactly what i said. in fact, that is exactly what i said.
  19. Goretzu

It is cheesey, without a doubt (and it isn't intended by SOE - hence the Daddy-patch), but with ESFs really the problem is more that since they nerfed AA Lock-ons running with flares isn't so important (arguably it isn't the best option by a long way) which means that people can pilot as LA with little to no drawback over an Engi and just take some self-repair.
  20. Demigan

Overstatement. Maybe in solo fights, but even then you have a high risk of getting hit by your Wreck, either killing your or making you visible with your shield flash. In busier fights you run a high risk of getting simply caught in a crossfire and I don't think I've ever seen anyone escape that way, let alone use it.