[Suggestion] How to Stop Bailers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rahulr1, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Doc Jim

Boo hoo, someone bailed instead of dying like he/she should. He/she denied me the kill which is my birth right.

NO!

No, I'm not a Skyknight, I f*cking hate them, but bailing is absolutely ok.
    • Up x 1
  2. CMDante

Well, I did not know that. In that case I have nothing useful to add to this conversation.
  3. Danath

Ground<>Air
    Somebody who gets out of a ground vehicle rarely is a threat (unless you were hugging his vehicle with yours)
    LA drifter who gets out of an aircraft you just destroyed: threat to anyone in a 100m radius (depends on altitude)

There is a huge difference.
  4. Jackplays17

Light assault. Jetpack?
  5. task_master

********. People who bail from ground vehicles are certainly threats unless we're talking about harassers, and even then a rumble MAX + 2 friends is a threat.
  6. Elrobochanco

If that was true he'd have been dead before he had a chance to bail.

Though I see what you mean, perhaps ESF damage is too granular. ESF should not have fire suppression or a burning state and rather just instantly explode when they hit the red. Then no pilot can feel cheated by the difference between critically damaged or definitely dead.

Bam problem solved right?
    • Up x 1
  7. AlexR

Lol what? You what? So if my transport is in fire, i should sit and wait for death? Lol this thread is going to be the most pointless thing in 2014 here. What next?
    -Oh no, how to stop people from jumping and shooting me back. They are not letting me kill them =\\\
    -Oh no, why did this guy move, i was going to put a bolt right in his head, please fix!
    Are you serious? Stop!
    • Up x 1
  8. 66six

do you want to appear to be good or do you actually want to be good? if you beat someone in air and they have to bail then you've won. who cares about stats representing the kill. all they are is stats. if you're a good pilot this shouldn't matter because you know you have the skill to win even if the stats don't always show it. you shouldn't need stats to validate yourself when you've proven that you can win consistently in dog fights. if you do need those numbers to validate your supposed skill in the air then you're most likely inferior.
  9. Danath

Well, you are already aiming in their direction and, you know, CAN shoot at them. You can't do **** against a LA that isn't even rendering for a couple seconds after leaving the aircraft in who knows what direction. All you can do is get away ASAP.
  10. GlobeMaster

Here maybe this will help your discussion.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/bailing-as-a-tanker.210360/
  11. Crayv

Meh bailing isn't an issue. I would rather people bail earlier so they are less a threat to me while I destroy their vehicle. In fact I would like a weapon that does no damage but forces the pilot/driver to eject. That would become the only weapon I would ever use.
  12. Mastermind

Well you know there is not much you can do to a well layed pick and a crossover but you can always double man someone with your defense also zone defense seems to work very well when the other teams offense is pulling out nice moves and pushing to the hole. Hope this helped
  13. Maljas23

Yes that is correct. You must simply accept that your death has come and wait for your enemy to finish you off. Take your hands off your keyboard and mouse, and simply watch...

OP, do you see how stupid this (^) sounds? This is what you are asking for. Please stop making threads like this. If you want a kill, earn the kill. Stop trying to make your own stupid self-ruling, law.
  14. ajma

My AA ESF loadout uses all the crutches available to it, I think I'll add LA to that.
    • Up x 2
  15. rahulr1

You either die by the hands of the guy shooting you or you die hitting the ground. Either way the enemy pilot gets the kill. Good for them.

If you manage to land while on fire and run away then GG you've escaped using skill. My problem lies in the fact to too many people are bailing in mid air and are surviving with zero skill.
  16. rahulr1

You're missing the point. Moving requires human input. Jumping and shooting back requires human input.

Too often people bail, hit 'u' and just wait and redeploy. Where's the skill in that?
  17. Nasher

This one is easily fixed. No redeploying while moving :)
  18. Desann

ONCE AGAIN my fellow PS2 players, a problem that exists in PS2 that wad already thought of and SOLVED in PS1!

Allow me to tell you about vehicle entry/exit animations. In PS1 you COULD bail from your vehicle, however, your character underwent a few second animation to exit. Bailing was possible under certain conditions, however.

The main problem with bailing in PS2 is that the enemy character does not render for a few seconds after they exit the vehicle. Then magically they end up behind your tank with mines but you never saw their character model travelling from the location of their tank to your tank's location.

Now i do believe SOE implimented the kill award if a pilot bails and dies from the fall.

Food for thought
    • Up x 3
  19. WarmasterRaptor

Embark/disembark animations would be nice ;)
    • Up x 1
  20. rahulr1

NEW IDEA! Just remove redeploying in mid air... it'd fix soooo many problems