[Vehicle] How to fix the GK

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Jake the Dog

Most people I know despise the canister (on mbts at least).
    I put forward the two solutions that have the most merit, I'm happy you find one of them acceptable. I still worry about render range combat however. That is my only concern really, and one of the main driving factors behind why I'm pushing these debuffs.
  2. Scr1nRusher

Forumside is really going strange lately.
    • Up x 1
  3. Moridin6

i think solution 1, but honestly im not sure which id prefer
  4. Jake the Dog

That's my personal favorite, more seem to like option 2 it seems though, I thought that the other two weapons were fine before, but I think I may need to re-examine balance between magrider and vanguard in order to draw a better conclusion on how the GK should be handled with the 2 options I've put forward.
  5. Jake the Dog

How so Scrin? Chaos has still not overcome this thread yet.
  6. Mianera

I'm getting so tired of hearing this "Jet fuel can't melt steal beams."

9/11 was a national disaster. NOT a international or worldwide disaster. You'd be surprised how little the world actually cares about American conspiracy theories.
  7. MikeyGeeMan

Yeah see I'm still not seeing. The oracle of death for the last 30 daysshows the alphalon and the gk are even up on kph. The Mjolnir is the only one underperforming.

Your argument is lacking in both proof and substance and is essentially an elaborate whine.

When the facts support your argument you will get traction.
  8. Jake the Dog

I'm not comparing Mjol, Aphel. and GK.

If you check the uniques you will find that the GK is pulled roughly 3x as often as the other 2. The dps is is similar, so it is reasonable to assume that it is easier to use than the others.

Given how I've also seen how these COUNTLESS times sitting at render shooting vehicles. More so, than the other 2 by a long shot.

My "proof" comes from the fact that these weapons are abused for their advantage at extremely long range. Ranges where the other factions have no way to retaliate or even suppress. My complaint isn't against people who utilize these weapons at normal ranges ~200-300m. Its past those ranges where I'm trying to point out something is wrong.
    • Up x 1
  9. MikeyGeeMan

So basically your asking for a nerf cause you don't like it. The real discussion should be on the mjolnir not the gk.

No facts , no data to show a large discrpency except that it is used more than the other factions weapons. And if you look at the stats for the other tr options you can clearly see they are underperforming.

Now I know where your coming from I can safely say your threads are fluff with no anchor to real statistics and full of hyperbole.
  10. TombsClawtooth

How about we sit back and realize for a moment that no secondary gunner weapon is supposed to be a direct upgrade over the basilisk, it's supposed to be a specialization. Something ONLY providing an improvement for one area.

It needs dramatically nerfed against infantry. Beyond that, you figure out what else it requires.

I'm getting very sick and tired of harassers sitting further out than snipers with only their gatekeeper peeking above the hill, laying waste to literally everything.
    • Up x 4
  11. Jake the Dog

And what? You like it when your sunderers get blown up from vehicles 500m away? You think thats fair that a faction has the ability to sit at render range and shoot targets with a consistent dps surpassing that of the other 2?

My anchor IS YOU CAN RELIABLY USE THIS WEAPON AT RENDER RANGE FOR CHRISTS SAKE. No other weapon in the arsenal of the NC or VS has a comparable weapon for these ranges. MEANWHILE THE GK IS GOOD AT ALL RANGES. THE DPS IS ON PAR WITH THE OTHERS AND IS MORE SUSTAINABLE.

Call it fluff if you want, but I see a weapon pulled 3 times more than any of the other options, what does that mean? Could it be people don't pull the enforcer or Saron as much because they're harder to use?

And what other TR secondary options are underperforming the Vulcan is on par with the others (save mjol).

Also you're, not your it reads better and will help make me think you're not an idiot.

My question for you now is, HOW would improving the other weapons (as it is the popular vote atm), to the point of being able reliably hit targets at range, a problem? Would it ruin your GR-11 killing sprees? Is that it? You fear you won't be able to solo your harasser 500m out and just sit back and nail targets?

And omfg you actually use fractures you poor soul XD I can use pounders at 200m and be more effective than the POS.
    No wonder you're so ********. Dude, do not argue with me on the point of "other tr options you can clearly see they are underperforming" EVERYONE ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THOSE NEED TO BE BUFFED. I LIKE TO PLAY TR AS WELL. They're probably my favorite faction to play on. I would not nerf myself if I didn't think it was undeserved.

Chaos is brewing...
  12. MikeyGeeMan

And you just lost any cred you might have had, dude.

Waste of thread space. Learn to play.

Hide your sunderer better.

Balance sucks doesn't it.
  13. TombsClawtooth

Not a valid excuse when no other faction has weapons that can reach out and touch something that easily.

This is like saying "Only the TR should be allowed to have sniper rifles." No, faction traits don't work that way. Your faction trait is high fire rates with lots of ammunition, not pin point precise across the continent AV weapons.

Meanwhile look at the joke the devs gave the NC... The boombox, seriously, what were they thinking? Hey if you want to make the other faction's alternatives to the gatekeeper capable of exactly the same thing, sure lets give it a go for a few months and see how fast the game dies as harassers make MBTs entirely irrelevant. As if MBTs weren't already pretty pointless besides the prowler.
    • Up x 3
  14. MikeyGeeMan

Lancers and Ravens. Ever had your tank destroyed by a raven or lancers or the lancermax weapon.

Funny thing is everyone said the gk compared to the other new weapons sucked. And now they come out of the woodwork crying because they are now getting some of their own medicine

I'm sorry but the last update is the most balanced this game has ever been.

And the biggest problem. No evidence to support anything that has been said in this thread.

None nada zero zilch.
  15. Jake the Dog

OMFG, this stupid lancer and raven arguement again. Christs sake Ravens don't go to render range. I even stated at the start of the thread to buff fractures and the striker to be on par with the other AV you fool. You just don't want to sacrifice having the cheesiest secondary weapon in the game.
    • Up x 2
  16. MikeyGeeMan

-5 cred for the use of the word cheesy.
    -10 cred for use of OMFG
    -15 cred for not providing statistics for wanted changes
  17. LodeTria

There were/are 2 groups.
    One was the ECUS & the people that believe them who said the GK was fine.
    The other was some other random guy who said the GK was OP because of how easy it was to use & the people who believed him.
  18. MikeyGeeMan

19. Scr1nRusher

Buff things rather then nerf things.
  20. Flag

Then I'm sure you'll have no trouble stating the actual max ranges for Lancers and Ravens? (Vortex has in practice less range than the Lancer due to CoF)

I know these numbers, do you?

Because at the end of the day the GK surpasses them both in maximum range.

Buff the Magrider evasion so it can evade GK shots at civilized distances? I'm sure that'll go down well with the general populace.
    • Up x 3