[Vehicle] How to fix the GK

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Jake the Dog

Indeed I am striving for peaceful negotiations... However in our absence I fear for the sanity of all...
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

The Warps been acting up lately, its concerning.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jake the Dog

Thought of a simple solution to my issue with solution 2. (its funny how I have issues to my own solutions lol).

Dmg drop off for all the weapons past a certain point. No more render range harassers. Only issue then would be deciding how far out would you start the drop...or a round self detonation similar to AV turrets or ravens.
  4. Scr1nRusher

Damage drop doesn't really work on non Bullet weapons.

Vortex & Lancer have damage drop off, but it hurts them more then helps them.
  5. Dualice

Sounds resonable.
    • Up x 2
  6. RedArmy

As TR, im ok with the GK getting an accuracy nerf. as far as weapon drop? no cuz it was made to be a LONG range when in use for a deployed prowler. the fact that these were abl to be mounted on a Hrasser where it shouldnt have really been added. it was never intended to make harassers a much faster mobile artillery like the prowler was.
    but if we wanna talk negotiations, lets first talk about the Maruader and how it shoot 40mm grenades like the Fury, but DOESNT damage armored vehicles. (sundies,tanks)
    ill accept a GK nerf if the Maruader gets buffed or revamped
  7. Jake the Dog

Negotiations huh? Well personally I don't like the AI weapons, I personally think its dumb they don't do AV damage, but thats DBGs intent atm. I have aurax'd the Marauder on the Prowler, but since that I've refused to use it ever again, or even attempt at auraxing canister/ppa on my other MBTs.
    I would LOVE if they switched canister and Mjols jobs so we have a burst fire AI weapon and a armor piercing flechete weapon, but some people like them how they are somehow, I imagine they only wear spandex though...

There's alot they need to do to tanks to make them more viable, but thats another thread too. (literally, I made that one a few days ago.)
  8. Jake the Dog

Im talking only at a certain distance it would start to drop. lets say 300-400m it would start tapering off. My concern as always is render range abusers.
  9. Scr1nRusher

Well the biggest render range abusers in history have been Infantry AV weapons.
  10. Revel

I've seen the light. Just remove the Gatekeeper completely and replace it with a giant candy cannon. This weapon has no range limit, 600m/s velocity, but only inflicts 1 damage when it hits. It has a fire rate of 1 shot per second. However, if it lands 3 consecutive hits on an enemy vehicle (or friendly, why deny your own faction the fun) it turns that target into a giant ice cream truck with tons of blinking neon lights with a horn that constantly blares clown music.

This is especially fun when used against aircraft, as the new plane turned truck plummets to the ground and explodes in a shower of ice cream. Infantry who get there before 10 seconds pass and the debris deconstructs to consume the tasty treat are blessed with a 60 second buff increasing health and movement speed.
    • Up x 1
  11. Scr1nRusher

The Warp has taken another soul.
    • Up x 1
  12. Jake the Dog

True, but infantry aren't covered in glass armor (not elder scrolls glass... like call of duty bounce a ball off the glass and it shatters).

XD MAKE EVERYTHING 1 DMG! AT 1DPS then have everyone have 1.5hp. Such balance. Much sarcasm. Very laughter.
  13. Cyrek

Accuracy toned down means NC and VS maxes dominating vehicles, Prowler is already the most fragile of all three MBTs and needs the most offensive profile.
  14. Benton582

Marauder is meant for AI(Anti Inf) not armor killing, and geezus, that thing already kills me often, only 3 shots. And NC have a useless close range anti armor weapon, and by god, at least TR and Vanu don't even have to get close to hit sometihng with their shiny weapons. I mean SERIOUSLY Daybreak, you always give us a damn useless shotgun blaster that doesn't even do much damage, first you give us a rail gun we actually wanted, then in the end, a disaster of a weapon shotgun. WHY?
  15. RedArmy

http://nanitesystemscomics.com/comic/11
  16. Benton582

• Up x 1
  17. Imp C Bravo

That is completely untrue. It is tied with the VS for the squishiest tank (same resistances, armor, hp) and it is the fastest tank. Add to that the highest DPS even without ESability and you have a monster of a tank.
  18. Cynicismic

These are some good ideas and some compelling arguments are put forward. I will address two points of which I feel are the most important, (yes, the rebalancing ideas)...

I'm not sure that this is the best route to take. I think that, in this circumstance, it's not a case of the Gatekeeper being too good; it's the other two weapons not being good enough. The Saron used to be a monster, though it has been nerfed in the past - and nerfed hard - to the extent where now it is much harder to use against infantry and vehicles alike. I have never used the Enforcer because, frankly, I don't see many of them around, and NC tankers seem to prefer the Canister because of its extreme anti-infantry capabilities. In this instance, we need to bring up the Gatekeeper's counterparts, which is what you're suggesting here...

This, I like. Also, I'd suggest giving the Saron less accuracy drop with sustained fire to keep up with the Gatekeeper's damage output, (which is by-and-large wholly consistent, because if my knowledge is up-to-date, it has no accuracy reduction with sustained fire and hence can deal out damage at a better rate and with more consistent results). As I said, I have no experience whatsoever with the Enforcer, however, I am told that it is not very good. Your suggestion here would make a lot of difference, and is something that could potentially work.
  19. LodeTria

Magrider & prowler have the same armour.
  20. Mongychops

Why not look at the monthly vehicle deaths for the; Harasser, MBT, Lightning, and Sunderer

http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthly-vehicle-deaths/

I invite you to see how much the Gatekeeper & Gatekeeper-H kill and how often the Lancer and Ravens actually kill enough to even show up in the top 25 causes of death.
    • Up x 2