[Vehicle] How to fix the GK

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Kumaro

The GK has one thing it excels at above and beyond other weapons.

It has superb long range accuracy. Sitting just at Howling and taking out the Mao Tech plants vehicle turrets at absolute maximum range and almost no drop with pinpoint accuracy is perhaps a bit to good?
    Shooting at Air felt a bit like taking out armoured Flashes.

Though beyond that i mostly just got assists since it's damage towards infantry is laughable at best. And vs Vehicles it completes the Prowlers dps output perfectly but it's hard to get a kill when the gunner often aims at the same thing you are.

And of course while you quickly burn trough ammo this weapon shows to not do so well in mid to close range as the other weapons then, are more hard hitting and simply out damage it.

All in all it feels like a fully certed Locked down MAX with Fractures put on top of a vehicle. Fun but it can be dealt with.
  2. Reclaimer77

Exactly. Isn't that why Lancer range and other AV weapons got nerfed?

So it's OK for vehicles to snipe infantry from beyond render range, but it's not cool if infantry can fight back against vehicle using the same tactic.
  3. OldCuban

I'll agree that the Enforcer and Saron do need those slight buffs. However I disagree on nerfing the Gatekeeper. Imho, buffing those two in that way should bring them up to par range wise.
    • Up x 1
  4. Jake the Dog

I'll be honest, the GK feels like a good weapon should. Problem is... this is planetside and all weapons drop like a stone thrown by a toddler (with the exception of Vanu). If they go the way they did with the vulcan and give everyone super accurate/long range weapons, I can't complain (sort of) its technically balanced.
    • Up x 1
  5. OldCuban

Agreed, the way were headed we'll be throwing wet noodles at each other soon enough!

Take that!

/splat

Ewwwwwwww!
    • Up x 1
  6. Flag

I would complain.
    The list of magrider advantages are growing thin indeed....
    • Up x 1
  7. Jake the Dog

Mag might be in need of a buff soon honestly. Before the secondary weapons update the tank balance was near perfect... Now its kinda wibbly-wobbly...
    • Up x 1
  8. Moridin6

um.. what are our mag advantages again? beside the sex appeal
  9. Jake the Dog

The ability to side strafe/spider tank... and yeah... thats it I think.
  10. Moridin6

a vastly overrated ability, imo
    though back in the day.. lol yeah
  11. Jake the Dog

Spider tank is one of my favorite abilities, and you can still side-strafe to avoid main battle tank AP guns.