Game Update: Oct 30 Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ribero, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Atis

One directional quick boost and strafing one can move much faster, right? I'd say they are even in terms of mobility: one is faster, another is more agile.
    Suddenly we see that one has stronger claws and sturdier shell. Equally mobile crabs but one is stronger: who would win with equal skills?
  2. SceaRd

Ar
    You simply missed your shot. You didn't lead your target and didn't take into account the projectile fall off. Simple. No problem with hit detection. Next.
  3. Zotamedu

But the crabs are not equally mobile. The one with larger claws and the one with thicker shell can only strafe. The one with the larger claws also has to dig his legs into the ground to get the most of them making him completely immobile. The third and most mobile crab can still walk in all directions, a trait no other crab can.

You have more degrees of freedom than any other tank. It's not that complicated. Having an extra degree of freedom (physical concept, not some American/NC propaganda) makes you more mobile. It's really not a very complicated concept to grasp.
    • Up x 1
  4. Zotamedu

The second rocket might have hit the ground but the first is clearly dead on. Furthermore, I recently hit a light assault five times with my knife and before he died. That's five hitmarkers. A couple of times the knife just went through him. Also, yesterday I emptied all six rounds from my underboss into a guy at close range and he still didn't die. That's 2250 damage which no infantry other than a MAX can survive. So hit detection is off. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact.
    • Up x 2
  5. Bassett

Worth updating for I guess
  6. AdmiralArcher

actually for a while the mag DID dominate

and the PPA is still a very good weapon, you just have to actually learn how to use it now instead of being point and click

the Swagrider would win
    • Up x 1
  7. denni49

Vanu sc
    Vanu scum!!! if its purple make it dead....you for get to mention how the mag riders still constantly float over tank mines with out them going off..also the vs fighter is impossible to hit from the side due to the shilout.e.. but stiil the main issue is the constant lag , hitching et al that makes game unplayable..I am currently looking for a replacement for this game because I am so fed up with it.....Never again SOE. haven't played for a month and now have spent all morning downloading stupid patches...
  8. sindz

Didnt understand 50% of what you wrote, but i'll bite:

Mags cant float over mines.

VS, TR and NC all have the same hitbox sizes.

Lag, hitching etc is certainly a VS trait. Only TR and NC experiences these things - VS is smooth sailing, you should try it. Really.
    • Up x 1
  9. Atis

No, digging is not required of strafer to get stronger than omnidirectional crab. It already hits stronger even in close fight. Digging just make it even more powerful, to the level where it can fight at range, unavailable to "mobile" one.

And speed is a big factor of mobility. Would you even notice movement at speed of 1 mm per 10 years, even in all directions? Would you call it good mobility in comparison of 2 directional movement at 100kph?

No it didnt. It outperformed a bit, was nerfed in early stage of game, Van got its shield fixed and thats it.

What is good about PPA now? Killing peasants with direct hit? Kobalt can do that better. Sustained fire? Not with small mag, Kobalt can kill more in 1 clip. AoE? Not with 0.1m splash. What exactly PPA can do Kobalt cant?
    Somehow Vannie and Prow can accurately bombard based at 300m with HE, killing meatbags in dozens, while Mag is forced to go close with it's mortar main gun and ESAI, outperformed by 100cert HMG, available even for sundy and flash.

I'll believe when I see that on everyday basis.
  10. Zotamedu

The actual real difference in speed is quite small. What's interesting is that you have the tank with the highest acceleration. The top speed is 65, 66 and 69 for racer Magrider, Vanguard and Prowler. 0-50 acceleration times are 1.9, 3.8 and 2.6 respectively. But I guess we are ignoring that because reasons?
  11. Keldred

Yea COF is bad if you have crappy trigger discipline. When ived used it on my tank i love it rack up kills sooo easy. Its harder to use though. Had alot of low BR players jump in my gun who couldn't hit the side of a tech plant....
    • Up x 1
  12. Xasapis

At this point and almost with a week's worth of results, it's pretty obvious that the PPA got overnerfed and no amount of player improvement will close the gap of half performance to the second best.

It's like telling the Canister users to get good, only the updated PPA is half as good as the Canister.
    • Up x 1
  13. Keldred

I cant speak for the canister cause ive never used it. However i like they way they changed the ppa. Old ppa was boring just fire and kill. Guess its just my playstyle but i like the new ppa alot.
    • Up x 1
  14. Xasapis

While the mechanics is more interesting, the weapon itself is less effective. Fun to use, but produces little results.
  15. Alox

With the old PPA you could use the first shot as a tracer round, with the new PPA you need to hit with the first shot since the follow up shot will bloom like crazy.

However, the bullet you shoot does not travel fast enough with high enough damage to warrant a single shot functionality... so now the weapon lies somewhere in between not really excelling at either.
  16. Halo572

Haven't read any of the posts relating to this, but to be fair the sights in this title are appallingly bad and unless you actually understand them you do put a lot of misses down to hit detection, hence the common cry of.

And it takes a lot of work and effort to understand them, I had to research the forums in my epic quest.

But once you do you can actually see you are missing.

Which completely dispels your drive to login and you never bother again being as there is no gameplay or objectives to use your new found knowledge on over TDM in tiny maps on a bigger map.
  17. patrykK1028

ith semi auto you need to fire like 100 rpm even in close range which means TTK is disaster and is around 2 seconds
  18. Keldred

I dont really see that. you can drop a target with 3 direct hits and its not hard to do. I guess it just feels like a lasher turned into a turret and mounted on a vehicle and i do love my lasher...
  19. Alox

The Halberd bullet travels about twice as fast so it is easier to hit with, but only need one hit to kill. But then again, the Halberd doesn't sound like a Lasher. Each to his own. ;-)
  20. lNeBl

What an interesting brain condition you must have to see something completely different than the rest of us.

Only one needs to fail to show the reg issue anyways. Everyone knows the hit detection has degraded enormously.