Game Update: Oct 30 Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ribero, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Linus

Nothing in his reply is reflecting what i think or what my words meant.
    He was purely mocking someone and was upvoted. i find that ridiculous.
    I am sorry for you guys if my post is not clear for you, but I can't help you on that.
    (no need for further replies, I will not read it)
  2. Richter03

Welcome to Infantryside, anything upset infantry must be nerf and I'm glad I don't spend my cert on vehicle too much.:rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  3. Flag

Oh I know that.
    Hasn't stopped the TR from insisting that comparing one secondary with another is the extent of the discussion (which I think is crazy - compare the vehicle with the vehicle).
  4. Kulso

And the NC and TR still get to keep their OP Heavy Weapons? Kay.
    • Up x 1
  5. vanu123

Weapons should never be balanced around bringing X number of players. For example if I have a platoon worth of guys stand in a line with beamers and tell them to shoot at a nonmoving LA 20 meters away w/ clear line of sight the platoon of beamers will instagib that guy, now it is extremely hypothetical but I can make anything in groups look OP. Brining more of X always makes X better.
    You are right with the mag it is the only exception to the rule outside of possibly massive ESFs sweeps where the likely hood of a crash goes up.
  6. vanu123

There is a word for that type of flawed, poorly constructed argument, I cannot think of it right now. Besides using their argument would mean that the magrider main cannon should get MASSIVE BUFFS across the board. Range, DPS, damage, reload, velocity, splash, etc.
  7. Flag

Cherry-picking, or straw-man argument?
    That's what you were looking for?
    • Up x 1
  8. GaBeRock

Yes, that's a pretty accurate description of what vanu123 is doing.

(Note that I was actually against the PPA nerfs, even as TR.)
    • Up x 1
  9. Flag

If you and vanu123 have some bones to pick with one another, keep me out of it please.

That said, my earlier comment on how the vast majority of TR have approached the topic remains. A few outliers doesn't change that.
  10. GaBeRock

It isn't a private beef, I'm just pointing out that he's misrepresenting the TR point of view. I won't deny than many, maybe even most TR are against the PPA, but I don't like the implication that it's a TR thing, where really it's just a general "infantry despise vehicles" thing.
  11. Lord_Avatar

As it should be. :D
  12. Flag

From the perspective of the MBTs the NC were probably the only ones who had a valid reason to complain about anything, yet for whatever reason (maybe because the two statistical outliers were the PPA and P2-120s, which meant they were normally the items in the lime light) a shocking amount of TR players would be absolutely adamant that only the PPA was over-performing, while in reality it was one out of two that do (well, might end up with just the P2-120 after the patch, who knows).
    Basically the actual performance of the Prowler guns were said to be almost irrelevant because ... they're not secondaries.
    This reaction was almost (again there were a few outliers) universal both here and on Reddit ever since the PPA changes were made official.

Sorry if this was incoherent.
    (I'm really tired and about to go to sleep. In fact, if you reply I'll respond tomorrow.)
  13. Schizomatic

These threads: "I play one empire specifically. I have no worthwhile experience with other empires to see the ups and downs of my own faction from the other side. I'm going to post on Forumside every time I sense my empire is threatened in any way, shape or form. Nothing my empire does is wrong. Everything the other empires do is wrong. If it kills me, it's clearly overpowered. If it kills them, it's perfectly balanced and there's no logic, reason or data available that can indicate otherwise."
    • Up x 3
  14. AdmiralArcher

BREAKING NEWS

ANTI INFANTRY WEAPONS ARE NOT MEANT FOR ANTI ARMOR!!!

In a shocking turn of events, it is finally realized that weapons designed to kill infantry are utterly useless against heavy armored tanks and it is recomended that when engaging other tanks one switches over to an AV weapon set up to better handle enemy vehicles.

In other news, new studies suggest that the magrider is not meant to stay in one place for very long in Tank fights and Stanford's top scientists are suggesting that one always stays on the move to help increase one's survivability.

Next up is Holga with a briefing about valid tactics to use when fighting inferior tanks with Shields and siege modes, this ties in with mobility and an IQ level of more than an Idaho Potato.
    • Up x 5
  15. sindz

Better doesn't mean it's good - it still has a lot of downsides with no actual redeeming qualities. Burst fire is inferior and the charge up in its current state is pointless. What a great gun.

Ppa got nerfed. It's at simple as that.
  16. Bonom Denej

Ok, I won't make any more comment on the fact that apparently we're too dumb for you.

But what about the question I asked you ?
  17. TraatAdmiral

Not the ones that have lower bullet velocity.
  18. z1967

I would like to correct this in saying that all the BASRs have bullet drop, some of the semi-autos do not have bullet drop. Phase Shift has no drop.
  19. Goretzu

That was exactly the problem with the Striker 1.0 though, as a single RL it was fine, as something carried by a large proportion of a Faction it was ridculously dominant.
  20. Goretzu

What to Vanguards "need" to be nerfed for now? Not performing sub-par enough? :confused: