Game Update: Oct 30 Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ribero, Oct 28, 2014.

1. ScrapyardBob

Poor change to the shield system. Even after we pointed out the flaws in their proposal to simplify the number of shields - the SOE devs do a typical "stick fingers in ears and yell nonsense".

The only problems with the old shields were:
    • The spawn shield was made too opaque from the inside compared to how it used to be.
    • Vehicle gate shields allowed small projectiles through.
    • The yellow shield around SCU generators should have been made to function like a spawn shield.
    Basically, the rules should have been:
    • All shields block all projectiles from the opaque / semi-opaque side. (Spawn rooms being the only ones with a transparency from inside.)
    • Shields of the same color as the faction only allow friendly transit. Use a pattern of lines like what we had on the AMP/Tech plants to designate those shield types. Use hexagons on spawn room shields.
    • Shields that allow all infantry thru but block hostile vehicles should have a yellow diagonal striping combined with the faction color.
    • Up x 3
  2. Pool Guy

Issue: If you use a knife while equipped with a gun with a darklight flashlight, it turns on another darklight flashlight -- equipped to your knife or your body -- that can't be turned off.
    • Up x 1
  3. Klypto

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. Ronin Oni

Ok, so apparantely there is a "3rd" type after all... opaque on both sides for friendly.

Works for me. Maybe not the most ideal, but FAR more pallatable than what I thought they were going to do. (only spawn room shields or vehicle gate shields)
  5. OldMaster80

Thanks for posting this here so it can be exploited by everyone, instead of opening a bug ticket. Smart idea [IMG]
  6. Auzor

You.. want to exploit a flashlight? I guess it would allow you to put flashlight on pistol, knife, and then have a flashlight out when running around with rifle, rocket...
    Would it make you shine on an engineer turret? "Aim sniper rifle here!"

Over all, despite pissing of stalkers I'm sure, an "exploit" is giving yourself an advantage.
    Whilst your flashlight illuminates a grand 10m range, it makes you far, far more visible. GL trying to outflank etc.
    Be my guest to exploit it...
  7. DFDelta

How do you even exploit a "please kill me" button?
    (Well, except for redeploysiding)
  8. OldMaster80

Hunting infiltrators with a minichaingun for instance ;)
    But yeah I understand this is more an annoying bug than something exploitable.
    Nevertheless posting bugs here has no effect. Typing /bug in the game seems to be the best way to do that: tickets get immediately dispatched to the devs team.
    • Up x 1
  9. z1967

Hold the phone, can you use it with medkits and/or C4? Because that would be hilarious.
    • Up x 1
  10. amega

And reaver still a brick:( even worse today
  11. Straps

• Harasser: Drivers are not receiving Gunner Valkyrie Kill Bonus (PS-338)
    • Valkyrie: Pilots are not receiving Gunner Harasser Kill Bonus (PS-338)
    :) - I think I see the problem here. I was not keeping the Valkyrie close enough to the Harassers to get the bonuses from the gunners.
    • Up x 2
  12. Asageh

meanwhile on InfantrySide2......
  13. Schizomatic

Yo dawg, I heard you liked darklight flashlights...
    • Up x 1
  14. Tatwi

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.1GHz, 8GB 2133MHz DDR3 RAM, GTS450 1GB GDDR5 (driver 340.52), Win7 64bit, WD 16MB cache 7,200 RPM hard drive.

I haven't noticed any major seconds long hitching, just the same stutter and 1 second hitch that been there since I started playing again in late Sept. 2014. Note that I left PS2 in the past due to performance issue, so it's not like I don't have standards. :)
  15. Schizomatic

My feels about today's patch, summed up by a Penny Arcade crop:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. Drasilov

The patch...needs patching.

:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  17. vanu123

Hardly. I pointed out how they are hypocrites for complaining about long range HE, yet they still have by far the best performing HE in the game.
  18. vanu123

IWINSHIELD nuf said.
  19. vanu123

1 or 2 strikers was breaking and annoying. A organized squad/platoon shut down entire regions of the continent.
  20. vanu123

You don't say. I was pointing out how the magriders "mobility" advantage is not on par with what the prowler and vanguard have. All round it is the worst.