Game Update: Oct 30 Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ribero, Oct 28, 2014.

1. TraatAdmiral

BASRs are exactly the same across all factions, bullet drop and velocity included. (Actually, their CQC BASR might not have drop, I don't remember). The SASRs have lower velocity but no drop. The ESSRs are of course ES.
    • Up x 1
  2. Xasapis

Even Prowler HE is not much of an issue these days. Looking at the actual numbers of tanks pulled, TR Prowler achieves the 1st place in AI effectiveness by the merits of the default cannon alone.

Ghost has drop.
  3. DQCraze

I like my lockdown and would not trade it thank you. The need to revert the shell velocity back to 60% though so im not lobbing rounds.
    • Up x 1
  4. Crator

What does this mean?

When Stalker is cloaked and moving quickly an opponent approaching them from a long distance can see them?
  5. Noooooch

Servers are now locked. How much longer will downtime be?
  6. Xasapis

At least an hour, probably two.
    • Up x 1
  7. Isokon

BASR : Identical across factions
    SA Sniper Rifles: VS gets no bullet drop and higher velocity, but worse damage drop off at range
    SA Scout Rifles: VS gets no bullet drop, but lower velocity
    Automatic Scout Rifles: VS gets no bullet drop
  8. Flag

400 m/s AP rounds was OP.
    How about you learn how to lead and account for drop like the other two MBTs?

Or would you rather have your ez-mode back?
  9. libbmaster

That was the bug they fixed, I believe.
  10. InoxGecko

How about taking into consideration that the prowler has the weakest armour (I know, tied with Maggie) and is god damn STATIONARY when doing any real damage.
  11. Flag

As you yourself point out, it's not weakest (tied with mag), rather that it's not the strongest.
    The outlier is the Vangaurd, the baseline is the Prowler and Magrider. So to call it "the weakest" is being disingenuous.
    On the other side of the coin, the Magrider and Vanguard are reasonably close in damage output, while the Prowler, especially with anchor is miles or worlds apart/ahead. Doesn't really make sense in saying the Mag has the least damage output (even though it's more true than your claim for the Prowler armour), as it is a part of the baseline that one of the other tanks rises above to stand out.

Oh, and just to make it clear, the Prowler has the highest damage output even when mobile, and has an advantage in TTK over both the base Vanguard and base Magrider. Before you bring up the shield, Mags have to deal with that without having the extra prowler-damage, so grow a spine and learn how to lead.
    • Up x 1
  12. AlCohonez

Following that line of thought the Vanguard never does any 'real' damage, buff the Vany!
  13. DFDelta

When you move in from outside render distance and move very fast towards the cloaked infiltrator (for example with an harasser, ESF, racer lightning and so on) the game will first render the infiltrator uncloaked.
    Then after 2 or 3 seconds the game will go "oh ****, that guy is supposed to be cloaked, forget you ever saw him" and finaly cloak him.
    Needless to say in 80% of all cases the infiltrator is long dead by then.
    • Up x 3
  14. Bananenweizen

I tried to imagine a Vanguard secondary for farms2h4rd and my brain imploded.

What? Seriously, WHAT?
  15. McToast

Moin

May have to purchase some SC for that :D. Finally! I like them, but I miss sunglasses to go with those awesome berets. I mean, cowboy-hat and bandana do have glasses, would be great to have some for the berets too.

€: Like this:
    [IMG]
  16. Palkora

So, PPA.

How is our enemies coping with the new change? Like it? Hate it? Made no difference?

And how is our fellow Vanu liking it?
  17. lNeBl

its almost as good as a kobalt.
  18. LodeTria

Can't really tell with all freezing and stuttering going on.
    • Up x 1
  19. BiggggBRIM

Most of my playtime is engineer so I logged in JUST to upvote this. Thank you.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tiedemann

This patch actually made the game semi-playable for me. There's still a little bit left of those fraction of a second freezes (which is still unacceptable as inf) but there's progress... after god knows how many months.

Maybe I can resub and leave my real life again in a month or two?