Game Update: Oct 30 Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ribero, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Ribero

• Up x 5
  2. z1967

I don't even own the weapon and I love this change. Every NS-11C user since forever has wanted this.
    • Up x 14
  3. a-koo-chee-moya

I use the NS-11C, but I have no idea what that means. Is it just a cosmetic change or what?
  4. Ribero

Purely cosmetic. Still nice though.
    • Up x 1
  5. The Rogue Wolf

Well, that makes me happy. A nerf to the unintended use, but a definite buff to the intended one! Now if we could just get a physics rework to keep frag grenades from acting like they're encased in Flubber....

This was the problem:
    [IMG]So purely cosmetic, but really ugly and kludgy.
    • Up x 11
  6. Leftconsin

No new content. :(
    • Up x 3
  7. Zotamedu

I like the changes. We finally get consistent rules for shields. Before you had to learn on a base type by base typ basis which shields did what. This will make things less confusing. But I am kind of worried about the heavy projectile part. Does that mean that no AV weapons can pass any shields? That would be bad since it would make camping the spawn room with vehicles so much easier since it would basically be risk free.

I tried the Striker v2.2 in the test server VR and it was nice. It can hit stuff a little better now and you have a reason to actually use it. The extra rocket give it the highest damage per reload but at the cost of low alpha. Now the TTK against a tank is slightly lower than the Decimator instead of being somewhere in between the stock launcher and the AA lock-on... Yes seriously. It will be very interesting to try it out in real combat situations to see how it feels.

The change to the AV grenade has been needed since launch. Who thought that a grenade that bounces more than a tennis ball would be even remotely useful against vehicles? The reduced blast radius also make it a proper trade-off for the frags. The difference was very small before so there was not much reason not to use the AV grenades for their extra anit-MAX power. They did basically the same thing as regular frags against infantry.

There was something about being able to take screen shots again in the performance section. That would be rather neat since I have been unable to take screen shots for quite some time. I wonder if that includes capturing video as well because all I get is a black screen.
    • Up x 4
  8. Morti

Rest in peace, anti vehicle grenade. We had many great moments.

I sincerely hope they decided to fix their netcode too or else this is completely pointless, as anyone who has detonated C4 attached to an ESF will know ;(
  9. -Synapse-

• "There is now a visual component for Prowler Anchored Mode"
    Wait, what? Wasn't there already pointless (literally) spiky wheel things?
    • Up x 5
  10. Alarox

I want them to fix the bugs that prevent me from enjoying and playing the game.

Good update and all, but it makes no difference for me.
    • Up x 7
  11. ColonelChingles

Rejoice, for there shall be berets!

Errr.

And they unfolded the stock on the NS carbine? That's "technically" a new model I think. Sorta.
    • Up x 2
  12. MuldoonX9 Developer

I stayed late one day to fix this just because I was tired of it being broken.
    • Up x 66
  13. Pelojian

Because sitting completely still with a super obvious increased firing rate isn't obvious enough?, seriously not every godamn thing needs some sparkle effect saying to the bads look for this effect then it's X or Y.

if you want to know what a tank or vehicle is equipped for then ask your teammates, pickup a sniper rifle and eyeball it or look at it and make a guess. (for example if you run halberd on top 9/10 people will assume your maingun is AP)
    • Up x 3
  14. The Rogue Wolf

Your efforts are applauded! :D
    • Up x 6
  15. DatVanuMan

"The Spiker's charged shot is now one, powerful shot."
    I think I know what I'm buying Friday!:D
    • Up x 1
  16. SeanFree

Good to see they're releasing black and gold NS weapons, you really got your priorities down, don't ya SOE?
    • Up x 6
  17. thebigbortishbort

i cant wait for the striker changes to hit live :p! , also whats the difference between the NS15M1 / M2? , this intrigues me .
    • Up x 1
  18. doombro

PPA Nerf, Striker buff, Spiker buff.

All much needed changes. This is going to be one good update. And an AV nade nerf. Awesome! Server Smash just got slightly less cheesy.

However, I'm very, very disappointed that the reload hit registration bug appears to have not been fixed. That bug has completely ruined the vehicle game for me.
    • Up x 11
  19. Canno

There's now a big floating neon sign that says, "Lockdown, easy kill!" with an arrow.
    • Up x 6
  20. sindz

Spiker is still inferior to the other burst pistols. As all VS player called it, the charge up which is gimmicky at best, is such a downside to the gun that it's still a worse gun than what other factions have available. It being "special" doesn't justify it being garbage. Charge up mechanic on a pistol is bad. Charge takes too long and does too little dmg.

Ppa nerfed to trash and no Zoe balance pass, means SOE Think these 3 are fine = years for another balance pass. Sigh.

Welp, time to main another faction that doesn't get royally screwed by their suddenly new trait (charge up) with massive downsides.
    • Up x 3