Game Update: Oct 30 Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ribero, Oct 28, 2014.

1. PWGuy93

The PPA adjustment from the receiving end seems to be well balance now. Same population ratio and the map is moving forward, then back, then forward, then back. Plenty dying from PPA, but within the enemies faction view of reasonable now.
  2. WarmasterRaptor

Again...

[IMG]

SOE is as frightening as ever when they patch our beloved game :eek:
    • Up x 6
  3. Devrailis

Plz Higby, plz stop the game freezes, the random horrible random game freezes that freeze the game randomly.

plz Higby!

plz!

SAVE US!
    • Up x 2
  4. Xasapis

In small scale encounters it is indeed a lifesaver for the Vanguard crews. In the general scheme of things however, for whatever reason, it is not enough.

I'm not entirely convinced that the Vanguard crews are better off with the shield than without it. Times and times again I've seen V crews taking risks no Magrider pilot would dare take. And the reason they probably do it is simple, unlike the Magrider or perhaps even Prowler crews, they are rewarded with that kill they are focused on getting, even if they die right after that. The Magriders would never get that kill to begin with, so they don't risk getting themselves in such bad situations.
    • Up x 1
  5. Leftconsin

The base shields are just looking worse and worse. I just have this hatred of these new opaque shields and now they are everywhere. Even after you take the SCU down? Really? The opaque shield has to stay up even then?
    • Up x 1
  6. AdmiralArcher

sorry im just having too much fun re-reading what i wrote to hear you XD

The Swagrider works well when you use it to its full potential.....the full potential of a vangaurd and a prowler has always felt limited to me.

its all a matter of preference in the end.
    • Up x 1
  7. Goretzu

Indeed, dunno why I quote you, it was Xaxpis saying the Striker 1.0 didn't exponentially become more powerful with numbers. :D
    • Up x 1
  8. Goretzu

It wasn't though, even in its pre-nerf days. It was a JUST KEEPING THE VAN PROPPED UP ENOUGH TO BE ON-PAR SHIELD, nuf said.
    • Up x 1
  9. vanu123

Fair enough.
  10. vanu123

Just like having stability, old saron, old PPA, etc. was propping the mag up. Now that is all gone.
  11. Atis

Do we have strippers in game?

Thats the problem, you need to do lots of stuff to make Mag good and in some environment you cant do that stuff. Prowler and Vanni just work. DPS and armor are always good.

Also, people who call slowest tank in game "mobile" are funny.
  12. Zotamedu

People who does not understand that the ability to strafe makes the tank extremely mobile are funny.
    • Up x 2
  13. Hicksimus

Add to that when they cry about not having the most armor while they strafe dodge enough rockets to kill 5 of the other tanks.....
  14. AdmiralArcher

you shouldnt take my quotes out of context

or ill start doing it to you

The Swagrider is considered the most 'Mobile' Tank because of its ability to get damn near anywhere as well as be the easiest vehicle to drive.

its Main cannon can be made gud by saving up 750 certs to get the AP cannon as is the case with all Tanks.

a decent secondary can be purchased for 100 certs (PPA) and you will instantly always have someone in your turret. (obvious hyperbole)

then the Saron can be purchased and you can slowly upgrade your tank as you grind away, getting NAR and Magburner is a good idea.

a chassis is also recommended....

all of these things are what TR and NC players have to do as well

get a secondary
    get a new main cannon
    upgrade your chassis
    upgrade your defense slot
    upgrade your other slots

congratulations, you now have a gud tank

it doesnt matter which tank, it is good.

all of the tanks have a weakness, even with their abilities.

the magburner can only help in a straight line forward, making get aways rather awkward and the swagrider itself is rather slow but it has mobility and it (had) turret stabilization (now all tanks have it)

the NC have the coveted IWINSHIELD even though these days they rarely win using it. all you have to do is wait until their shields drop and then shoot them. it doesnt take long. they also have the slowest accelerating tank, which may not mean much to swagrider users who constantly say that their tank is the slowest. But it does actually matter.

the NC also have the longest reload time

the TR have 2 barrels, quick acceleration, and a decent top speed. the downside is that its ability is very hard to use due to the blitzkreig tactics of swagrider drivers. its main function is for killing sundys a little faster.

because you are unable to move, tanks can easily get behind you and C4 fairies can rek you gud

the prowler also has prety underwhelming secondairies. and most Prowlers dont have gunners.

as i said before, its all a matter of preference.

but if you have a match between all of these tanks, 1v1, with a goo driver and gunner and a good sized map, the swagrider will win every time
  15. Hatesphere

NOOOOOOO DADDY NOOO!
    • Up x 1
  16. Matt879

Spiker seems to be in a very good place right now. At least it's a solid back up now, and it can serve as a capable primary weapon when your actual primary weapon is too long-range focused. The desperado might be a tiny bit better, but the spiker seems fine now. The charge up is just a gimmick though, the blast radius is too small to really do anything and when you're going for direct hits you might as well be bursting the thing.
  17. Noooooch

What is the difference between the NS-15M1 and NS-15M2? Trying to auraxium the NS-15M1 now... Maybe i can do both now!
  18. Atis

Crabs can strafe, all-terrain buggy cant: crabs are more mobile. LOGIC!
  19. Zotamedu

You are really trying your best to completely miss the point. Your comparison is not even remotely valid nor logical. If you have two crabs, one that can only strafe and one that can move in all directions as well as having a quick boost. Which of the two crabs is more mobile?
    • Up x 1
  20. Atis

Mag's climbing was nerfed, now you can get only in few places where prowler cant.
    new cannon still has slowest muzzle, biggest gravity and lowest angle.
    With chassis its still slowest tank, because others tank also have chassis upgrades.
    And it still has no main turret.

So its weakest tank even with all upgrades.

PPA is 250 certs and is not worth it now. Kobalt has bigger clip, faster bullets and higher DPS. PPA splash is negligible now.

Prowler can move and faster than others, nobody forces it to anchor, it has higher DPS anyway.
    Van can land shots more accurate and survive more direct hits.
    Mag may survive a bit longer with its agility but it will do less damage. And super slow strafe is not magical medicine against every incoming projectile.
    NS secondaries are very competitive now, so who cares about ES ones.

Any tank can kind of strafe by moving back and forth when enemy is to the side and it will be faster than mag's strafe.
    But nothing can kind of make mag's cannons better or kind of replace main turret.

Somehow I dont see that much Mags, winning duels.

All in all, even with OP PPA and magical get-anywhere ability, mag didnt dominate. Now both are overnerfed, what it has to compete?