Game Update 04: Coming soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanuub

How exactly do you figure it helps surviveability? Seperating gunner and driver does not by itself make the tank more resistant to damage or better at moving (improving evasion, when aware)
    I can see what you are hinting at (magically being more aware of rockets) and by application of fairydust somehow that makes you avoid more of them. Lockons? Guided rockets? non-rendering rockets? By the time you are aware of a incoming rocket, it is mostly too late to do anything but hit smoke (or shield, cant equip both) and pray.
    The only rockets you reliably dodge are the highly predictable ones:
    Either lockons coming from a known direction when you are parked next to useable cover (move when you see the lock beginning) or *very* long range dumbfires, if you were watching in that direction - You dont have all the time in the world, if you are not already looking (and it actually renders to you) it quickly becomes too late. Being a 'designated driver' wont do much to improve the awareness, specially not the poor suckers who still drive the magrider where you cant 3rd-person freelook without turning the damn hulking thing.

About zerg/spam, well yeah, thats obvious. Under the current rules it would make it extremely undesirable to be the driver - worse than liberator pilots, as MBT are more vulnerable and dont even come close to the same 'run away!' potential.
    Fraction of the XP, all of the expense (resources to pull, certs(+SC) to upgrade it), almost no fun (as you rarely get to show maneuver skills in the MBTs).

Enter the lightning. Lovely underestimated hunter of (lone) bad tankers and quite the flyswatter if you apply the 100mm HE. And you know what, it drives a lot better and you get all the xp to yourself and you are not dependent on others to shoot for you (who are frequently unskilled, inexperienced and illoyal - easily bored ADD bailers).
    Oh wait, whats this, now the complaints of MBT spam has been dwarfed by the flood of lightnings. Well, better remove those too. WHAT? Now people are using battlebusses instead? Better remove the guns on those... whaaat now they spam libs and esf instead?? etc. etc. until there are no vehicles that can attack infantry (including running over and ramming) or be used as a firing platform ("rumble seats", what a sick term). And eventually the maxes need to go as well. And cloaking, sniping, skill.

Infact, lets just save ourselves some trouble and turn in unto a TURNBASED, DICEROLL RPG, because you know, aimingskills and motion prediction is OP as hell too. Or do the right thing and tell those leftie wannabe armchair generals who want that kind of game, that this, PS2, is not the game where they will be the winners.
    • Up x 4
  2. Ayqon

I still don't like the auto zoom reset in the spawn map. If I zoom in on the map, I meant to zoom in, I didn't mean to zoom in to get zoomed out.

There are many things needing improvement, but have to start from somewhere.
    • Up x 1
  3. drNovikov

So, is the February update coming in April or May?
    • Up x 3
  4. Entarticus

The magrider was always a problem with this, and yeah, I overlooked it. Same with the exp and resource systems (At least the current ones). Why you instantly got so worked up about pointing out problems, I'll never understand.
    Also:
    1. Dumb Fire Rockets aren't that hard to dodge if you have a driver that spends his time looking for them, except of course at very close ranges, but if you just run in a tight space between two building with windows and HAs shoot down at you from them, who's fault is that?
    2. Lock-on Rockets are dangerous in open field combat, but you have secondary gunner with an AI weapon for a reason. Lightings just need to be careful.
    3. Non-Rendering Rockets, seriously? That's just something that needs to be fixed, nothing to do with this.

And the Rocket Launcher adjustments work fine on their own without the dedicated driver system, which as you pointed out, won't work.
  5. Alexander Angelos

So I guess there was no new content preview at todays FNO... sad... sad
  6. iPozitroon

Omg! The BEST post i ve read so far on these 42 pages! So true...and so sad if the nerfing-hammer continues to wreak havoc in the direction set by these "armchair warriors"/ wanna play COD-PS2/ wanna own a tank/vehicle with a knife guys!

Seriously, without effective/fun armour play, this game will wither soon IMO. DEVs please Wake up!!! Please...
  7. Absolom

hmmm... direct hit with tank shell doesn't kill human being sounds stupid. You wanna change splash damage radius, or tweak how it interacts with armor, fine.... but a human being should die with a direct shot even if the tank is firing stuffed animals.
    • Up x 1
  8. Maruun

Thanks for telling me :) I think i germaned a bit with Infantrist ;) sorry for that
  9. -Synapse-

"Coming soon"
    o_Oorly?
    • Up x 1
  10. CrazyA

Stop screwing around with the balance of the game. There is no optimal and you won't ever get there. Two shots from a tank to kill a dude wearing a flak jacket? That's stupid.

Let the players adapt to the rules, don't change the rules to suit the players. Don't like getting killed by a tank? Stop spawning in front of it and running out at it. Or better yet, fall back to a base where you can spawn a tank, flank them and then light them up.

Gamers need to stop whining that it's not fair. The people doing well are exploiting the rules for their own advantage and those that aren't are complaining that tanks are tanks and aircraft fly...
    • Up x 1
  11. teks

No thanks.
    • Up x 1
  12. teks

It aint ww2 no more. The **** modern tanks can do nowadays is just mindblowing. The counter measures, the weaponry, the armor. That said I know what your saying. I just dont know how true that is in the modern world.
  13. MortarionX

So when is this update? Next Wednesday? Can't wait for the new rocket launchers.
  14. Scorponok

the rocket launchers will come out sometime after the next patch ^^ just so you know :p
  15. MortarionX

Which ticks me off. I want them now :mad:
  16. Scorponok

hehe need to have patience :p all in due time..already saved up certs for it? ^^
  17. MadGelo

not necessarily true.
  18. Tibodeau

According to Higby they'll be one week after GU04 hits the live servers.
  19. MadGelo

that was before the delay, now they should have time to put everything in one patch, if it is released by the end of the wek
  20. FA_Q2

The timing was based on the changes to tanks, not the completion or hard release date of the launchers themselves. IOW, the launchers are supposed to come out 1 week after GU4, no matter how late that GU might be.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.