Game Update 04: Coming soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadGelo

I assume the source is the dark cavern in your behind?
  2. S1eB

I have a feeling GU04 will be released on Tuesday, the same day as End Game is released for BF3.
  3. Scorponok

hehe could be...or closer to wensday/thursday when they mostly release patches.
  4. Scientiarum

It was supposed to come out last week... They specifically mentioned that in an official thread somewhere.
  5. Norse

That new map better have the colors for squads and platoons fixed.:mad:
    • Up x 2
  6. XRIST0

You mean this thread ? lol .
  7. tsubakki

think of it this way, multiple delays can mean two things, 1: they are having issues, or 2: they are making sure it works better,
  8. korpisoturi

good stuff keep it coming.

pls give back our old "generator holds" or "tower of deaths"(TOD) ala planetside1, or other similar "metagame" where smaller group of organized people could hold they ground against bigger "swarm", just put some important generators to places where is only one door/tunnel/corridor in and out and we have "metagame"

this is a numbers game now , he who brings most wins, you either zerg or get zerged there is very little in between,pls try to sort that.
  9. Jin En Mok

I really like most of the changes proposed, with a couple exceptions. First off, that the flat damage reduction for all vehicles vs infantry is happening at the same time as the direct anti-vehicle buff that is the new launchers, and secondly, the fact that you are still double-dipping equivalent weapons and items across factions.

It doesn't make me want to buy them again, it just makes me question the value of the purchases I've already made, which have been numerous, but heavily invested into one character and faction. Things in the shop are already obscenely expensive, so this just serves to further reduce the perceived value of the items in the SC-store.

Once I've maxed out my one invested character and things start to get boring, will I start a new character and start gearing it up, as I've planned ever since I first heard about the account wide unlocks, or will I leave the game for something else? I can tell you right now that it will most likely be the latter option.

I've spent €189 on the game so far. I play for hours almost every single day. I've been extremely supportive of the game, despite numerous flaws, frustrating bugs, and at times, weird game design decisions. I want the game to thrive and continue for many years, but things need to be sorted out. Hopefully before too many paying customers get sick of it and stop investing or leave for other games.

Sorry about the rant, I'm just disappointed. I had planned around being able to start playing with my friends on other servers/factions with this change, but I just can't see it happen now.
  10. Pangis

Why are you guys whining about the prowler nerf?
    Seriously, have you ever been on the receiving end of one of those? They suck, bad. I am actually jubilant that the DEVS actually wanted to do this. And besides, it can still be used for having a successful siege. You guys just look at the bad of it, not the good of this particular situation.

This is going to be a very fun update!
    • Up x 1
  11. Scorponok

i liked having some challenge from the TR tanks...since the mags are rare to see anymore.
  12. supernauttt

hmmm yea im acting like a noob....lol get over it and grow up
  13. GImofoJoe

This could means Prowler's kill rate vs infantry will be slower than other tanks. Most sniper prefers 1 shot kill gun instead of 2 shot kill. Perhaps add new feature such as firing both cannons at the same time.

I sure hope this nerf to vehicles was thoroughly tested, a double nerf of smaller blast radius and damage could be devastating.

I think nerfing vehicles efficiency is the wrong way to do it. Vehicles are suppose to be inherently far more powerful than infantry. Instead make it more difficult to obtain vehicles by increasing cost and time. 2 tank shells to kill a soft target is just ridiculous, unless the target is a max. Perhaps add a 3rd AI gun that driver can control to save all those wasted tank shells to kill 1 infantry, most modern tanks have 1 main cannon and 2 machine guns.
    [IMG]
  14. SgtCatastrophe

Hopefully the optimizations help with the big battles.
    • Up x 1
  15. TheBloodEagle

Glad you acknowledged it.
    • Up x 1
  16. Blend46

Wich day will the patch get released?
  17. 4lk4lin3

I really wanted to see the certification reset on this update...any idea on when that's coming?
  18. Phrygen

seriously... don't nerd the prowler HE at least... if you got to lower the HEAT infantry damage fine, not the HE...
  19. SgtBreastroker

Forcing zergs into choke points are not fun. That is a terrible suggestion.
  20. Scorponok

probly a few months down the road it will be added...they got alot of stuff to add...so they will be pretty busy forward.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.