FPS drop after GU4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matcap86, Mar 13, 2013.

1. SkepticJerry

Software won't do this. You have some kind of hardware issue.
  2. XRIST0

Lol
  3. ergie

I can say my performance has increased a little by installing lastest bet a drivers from NVIDIA. (aprox 5-8 fps depending on the map and people around) But the overall fps are still very bad, and far from the mark of GU3
  4. TintaBux

No it was not. it's been established already. Only takes a minute for double XP restart always has done, they took servers down for over an hour unannounced to fix the server problems during the weekend, which including some fixes in the patch.
  5. Chipskream

For everyone that is not checking reddit on a regular basis: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1akpbn/hey_all_tomslick42_found_the_bug_after_working/

In short: They found the bug that caused fps drops and are currently QA'ing it, also some other things.

i am regaining hope :)
  6. TeknoBug

They patched back on Friday to enable double xp (it was 44MB) and yesterday patched again to remove it (37MB)
  7. Rockit

Great! I have full confidence. Take your time and get it right (well, not too much time :p)
  8. TintaBux

But they did do server maintenance (for server downtime for over an hour) to fix the lag issues over the weekend. Anyway :eek: disagrees with you.
  9. tdawgz

So any insight of when the "FPS hotfix" will come out today? Not playing until it comes out..
  10. UnrealGaz

its in testing and will; be out when its ready have faith,soe guys always pull through. remember super bowl weekend?(im not American btw) they pulled everyone in too fix something so they aren't resting till its working.
  11. TeknoBug

Just downloaded a 36MB file, and Higby says on Twitter that it should address the fps issue.
  12. N0008918

Ok this hotfix actually helped. Thx a lot for the hard work Tom. That being said I hope the optimisation does not end here.
  13. Sinoby

I can confirm that the issue with lot's of vehicles (2 Galaxies e.g.) causing terrible FPS is resolved. Will report after extended testing.
  14. Dead Trolls

latest patch came out today didnt fix it
  15. Evileet

Still got 20 FPS at a crowded Biolab [CPU]
    The screen flickering is also back.
  16. shd

Framerates are what they used to be for me, maybe a bit higher now. But the game is not smooth, feels choppy. It could be the enormous population surge on woodman, i'm getting a lot of lag as well.

Definitely on the right track.
    • Up x 1
  17. haldolium

Hotfix turned overall FPS up, but still getting too low in crowded areas.

Feels like the max. FPS have increased, but the min. FPS remains pretty much the same.
  18. MisterBond

Hardware only does what software tells it to do

And I've had games in the past crash hardware hard, Bionic Commando comes to mind, as does Fallout 3. Hell I've had Skyrim do it twice when loading new area's/zones

Considering I played 5 hours of Far Cry 3 last night with zero issues, somethings up
  19. Chipskream

Hotfix did nothing for me. still getting 1-2 frame long dips to 10-15 every second.
    • Up x 1
  20. renthehenface

Gained another 5-15 fps everywhere, which for my low-end system is amazing.

Hotfix worked wonders for me, thanks SOE!