FPS drop after GU4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matcap86, Mar 13, 2013.

1. CannedBullets

Hopefully this new fix isn't an empty promise. GU5 better be focused solely on optimization or at least show signs that SOE is taking optimization seriously. I would have put money into this game if it wasn't for the FPS issues due to the game being horribly optimized.
    • Up x 2
  2. NotTheMomma

I just got in game a few minutes ago and went to a Biolab with "Enemy Platoons Detected" for a little over 30 minutes, and it was definitely better than anything I saw over the weekend. FPS was generally around 45-50, but the main building itself wasn't under very heavy threat. FPS dove down to around 30 when some Mosquitoes and Libs were overhead, then again a few times when tanks were going under the main Biolab. There was jittering/microstuttering associated with the vehicles in the area which passed when they left.

I played on Heavy for a while and then got on my MAX. Hit detection seemed fine. I was working the corner of a building, and was not getting hit too much after I broke LOS (not perfect but pretty much like it was before). I was able to resupply from ammo packs, medic heals didn't revert and neither did engineer repairs. Unlike this weekend, it felt like my actions were a contributing factor to whether I lived or died.

However, I think if it had been a big tech plant battle with all the trimmings, there would have been trouble.

FPS seemed a little lower than pre-GU04 for the conditions and the vehicle-induced jittering was annoying, but hopefully after Cycles' fix goes in, all will be well again. :D
  3. LeeroyHasChicken

Can't wait to see the next fix deployed on live!
  4. MisterBond

Hope the new patch is soon, tonight's patch actually gave my computer a hard lock and instant reboot
  5. Hatamoto

keeping us updated is alot better than staying quiet, this i can assure you
  6. Hatamoto

Like this 844 kb patch i just got ... what is it? and the small 35 meg patch last night, what was it? no information is really annoying
  7. XRIST0

877kb was probably a small bug fix , last nights 37mb patch was was to remove double xp .
  8. Hatamoto

Thats almost the kind of information id like, but through an official announcement
  9. Drahzar

Good to read!...

May you give us kind of an insight what (simplified) may cause the problem? :)
  10. Gribbstar

You shall henceforth be known as Tom 'BOSS' Schenck

Is there any way to describe in layman's terms what was broken please?
  11. Gribbstar

Scratch that, found this:

12. Naceo

Yeouch... It's always the stupid ones that give you the most trouble. That will explain the server lag so what about the framerate?
  13. lappakone

Keep up the g... erm... work! :D
  14. Gribbstar

Well I guess if the client is constantly waiting for new data from the server before rendering anything (there's a lot going on in ps2) then it could cause any number of fps drops, stutters, etc.

One small kink in the chain could have untold consequences further down the line.
  15. Gammit

Really appreciate these status updates, Cycles. Thanks.
  16. Sandzibar

You should go further with this... not only rectify this bug, but see what other things you can tweak to ease server load. Obviously not things that are required to be responsive - like hit detection, player movements etc - but other less important background processes.

Trim that fat.
    • Up x 1
  17. MadInkhorn

They put a thread out during the beta to do this after every major update. I would post a link but i cant find it. Not saying its right either we shouldn't have to do this, but it was said.
    • Up x 1
  18. kazumi

Good to finally hear something back, glad all our btching and moaning got some attention. haha ;)

Looking forward to being able to play again!
    • Up x 1
  19. Tearl

Me too. However, that's not really how their team is set up. I mean, the DO have their coders and I'm sure they are focusing on bugs and optimization...but you WILL see additional content. That's because there are teams of artists and animators that are still hard at work on content. And MOST fo their content is drop and go (requires no additional coding). So, while I TOTALLY agree with you sentiment, don't be upset when additional content gets added. They are not ignoring the issues...it's just a different team.
  20. gagle

ESF still sucks. <10fps when there are a lot of people in the same place.
    • Up x 2