FPS drop after GU4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matcap86, Mar 13, 2013.

1. XRIST0

No it actually runs alot better from what i have seen , let me get into a big battle and ill report back .
  2. Chipskream

Bring the euro servers down already! I am way more excited about this than I should be!
  3. XRIST0

Getting smooth 60fps at rashnu biolab .. Medium sized battle

It is 100% better for me .
  4. daddy86

ok here is a nice test for you, go into a esf and battle near that biolab, huge fps drops have been reported doing that also by myself.

running smooth at 35fps as soon as i get in a esf boom drops to nothing when i see explosions etc
  5. Tullerion

Im getting very poor FPS.. max of 40 fps in any kind of fight ant tops of 70 at warpgate. on lowest settings / render distance. PC specs in sig. and it says my CPU is the limiting factor.. huh?.....
  6. XRIST0

I get no drops at all , smooth for me ..

Its definatly not perfect but its so much better than it has been since gu4 .

What are your specs ?
  7. Galantis

The best FPS i ever got was before any of the updates....seriously WHERE IS THE SO CALLED OPTIMIZATION?
  8. XRIST0

After playing for a few hours now , i must say the frame rate is really smooth now .. Probably the best its ever been for me , using the settings that i do .
  9. philux

The game is installed on the same SSD where my system is on. I hadn't those issues before GU4, i.e., constantly above 60fps with Ultra settings. Now, independent from the graphics settings (tried everything from Low to Ultra) the fps are decreasing over time. The weird thing is though that the FPS only drops when I move, whereas when I'm sitting in one spot, e.g., hovering in the air, my FPS remains above 80fps.
  10. TeknoBug

Decreasing fps over time = memory leak.
    • Up x 1
  11. TeknoBug

CPU being the liminting factor using lowest settings makes alot of sense, crank up those graphics settings to high or even ultra to see what happens.
  12. DavidKing

That's the problem i can 100% confirm. Tested yesterday.
    WG = 70 fps
    slow and painfull fps drop till the first big battle = 23 fps
    rage followed. I tried to calm down and figure out what was causing the insane fps drop. tried to move away from the fight with an ESF, nothing changed. There was no fps gain, even flying in empty zones
    No more then 30 fps until i rebooted the game.
    After reboot i reverted to the usual 70 WG fps.
    = Memory leak.
    Please SOE do something this is becoming really frustrating.
  13. Rak

Try flying around during a heavy battle, your framerate will go up and down like a roller coaster making dogfighting near impossible. Yes the fix helped, but the issue is not gone completely, not even close.

I had a smooth 60FPS IN ALL CONDITIONS AND SITUATIONS(w/vsync; 80-100FPS w/o vsync), on ultra, prior to GU4. Now I'll be flying around at my usual 60+ FPS, and for example, come across a battle and the framerate will stutter from 60 to 10 and everything in between for a few seconds until it finally settles back at 60. I'll hear an enemy ESF on my tail, turn around to engage then uh oh, framerate is back on the roller coaster going down to 10.

It's obvious that the problem doesn't affect everyone and congratulations for being one of the lucky ones, but you're not helping when you come here and say everything is fine and start blaming someone's system or useroptions.ini.

And before you ask

i7 3770k@5ghz
    GTX 680
    32GB 1600mhz RAM
    Nothing but SSD's in my system
  14. XRIST0

I play on 1680x1050 , high settings with shadows disabled and 650 render distance .

With those settings it plays perfectly for me , im just stating that the hotfix worked for me .. i never blamed anything =\

Noticed quite alot of people using 660/670/680's complaining about drops to 10fps , this must be an nvidia problem because its definatly not your cpu ..

What settings are you running ?
  15. Rak

1920x1080 and I've tried everything from ultra to low shadows on, off, whatever, the problem occurs regardless. It's not an nvidia problem because the game is always CPU bound when it happens. There's definitely something still not right in the code.

In my previous post, my "you" wasn't directed towards you in particular, it was more the plural "you" meaning all these people who keep posting in these threads insisting that it's not the SoE's issue and surely must be a bad setting in my ini or whatever :p

Anyway, here's a video from my livestream last Friday when this started happening. The same exact behavior still occurs even after the hotfix. Watch the framerate indicator in the lower left. Also note that I stream via a 2nd PC so there is no performance hit on my gaming system.

16. Hatamoto

Hey soe, theres a memory leak your fabulous Q&A team managed to miss .. hope you realize optimization was so so, definatly no improvement over pre GU4
  17. tenzenator

it's way better, but still from 50 to 25 fps in large battles, sometimes i droped to 1fps and game freeze, but it's nice you guys working hard.
  18. XRIST0

Wow that is pretty bad , i hope it gets sorted out for you man .

I will have to fly around and test it out myself , i remember flying around on the weekend just after the patch and i never saw less than 30 in crowded area's .. even that looks like slow motion to me , 10fps =\ i would rage .
  19. Stongtea

Memory leak has been on the radar for a while, but if you know of a decent way of finding out where it is im sure cycles would love to hear from you....
    • Up x 1
  20. TeknoBug

Just played for 5 minutes today and there's lots of stuttering going on even at 75 fps.