FPS drop after GU4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matcap86, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Arenthas

Did any of todays un-documented hotfixes do anything for fps?
  2. Leroy Jenkens

Nope
  3. PoopMaster

Took a 2 month break and my fps is still 15-20 in large battles. Runs great if I'm not where a bunch of players are. Lowering everything to low and reducing render distance only gives a 3 fps boost
  4. GravitySmacked

I've just been playing for an hour since the very latest hotfix and it does actually have seemed to help; I'm not quite there with my old frame rate but it was in the ballpark. Hopefully it wasn't just a fluke but it was promising.
  5. Arenthas

Cool, going to give it a run tonight, hopefully it's improved.
  6. PoopMaster

Nevermind, for some reason the game now runs at 15-20 fps no matter where I am.
  7. Lucius Trio

Game is still horrible performance wise for me.

I put in a call to SOE and tried "toubleshooting" with them, but it honestly feels more like they're trying to pin the blame on me. I've gotten responses from SOE saying I should make sure I'm not exceeding the power specifications of my PSU considering I use crossfire, and I should try to remove one of my ATI 6970s. I'm running the system with a 900W PSU.

Just to be sure I called XFX, the manufacturer of my cards, and they were just as baffled as to why SOE thinks I might be undervolting my cards -- if anything, they thought I had more power than necessary. Theoretical max load is only 750-800w based on documentation and full system load. Loads in the real world are probably closer to 600W in dual 6970 configurations for the entire system.

Just getting real tired of the run around when I've taken all "reasonable" measures, and I don't have problems with other games. SOE really needs to fix this...
  8. Garathil

Has anyone else experienced poor rendering of some far away textures like rocks when flying on a aircraft? Like, everything loads except for some rocks/cliffs that stay like black spots until you get close enough. Thats what I've been experiencing since GU4.
    • Up x 1
  9. Macrocosm

Well I glad I found this.. Since the 3/13/13 update game gets unplayable when any kind of population is on. Never had any problems before even on Indar. I even tried turning down my graphics to look like minecraft and still was getting like 10FPS flying around a amp station with people in it. If its a dead station no problems but a few people there its unplayable. Crap...crap...crap. @garathil sorry not having problems like that..
  10. AstroCat

Same here. Pre GU4 GPU limited solid 60fps, post GU4 CPU limited 30-40fps. So a good 20-30fps drop with CPU limit after patch, no changes today, still really bad.
  11. tenzenator

still same in huge battles 15-29 fps this game is not smooth at all
  12. SentinalForce

SOE pleeeeeeease fix the game :(

i will love you long time baby
  13. Dog.

As much as I like the game, after 3 days playing with that ****** patch , I came to the following conclusion :

**** SOE and their games if that's the way they manage such framerate/fps problems.

That deserve a ***** rollback to GU3 , and in a hurry. We are customers, we DON'T HAVE TO be patient, we need the faster solution they can bring, and in that case it's nothing more than a ***** simple rollback to GU3, time for them to fix that **** GU4 on their test server or whatever.

The more I log into the game, the more it takes me away from the game.
  14. Mob720

Hey guys, before you post anything else, I just got off a game on Waterson and I have to say that I think the undocumented hotfix today evened the CPU load a bit more. I was playing in high-populated areas and had some huge fights on Amerish in close quarters. GPU was the bottleneck for frames more than the CPU was at most times. Only several instances where CPU became the limiting factor, and that was when a lot of vehicles were nearby. The framerate was good enough for me to increase my quality from 95% to 100% and increase graphics quality from low to medium, and I'm still running above 30fps all the time. Go boot up the game and see if any of your framerates improve.
  15. PoopMaster

I think most of the new posts today have played with the hotfix and it hasn't helped them or me.
  16. Mob720

Oh. :( Well sorry then. It's different for everyone.
  17. Alchonis

Hi, i would say thats because modern graphics card GPU's are so powerful that almost everything graphics related is handled on the GPU when previously some things were still CPU bound.
    Your graphics card isnt the problem which is why you only get a small boost when you turn the settings on low, its the fact that the game does not make use of all the power/cores/resources of your CPU.

Im in the same boat man, i know have all my graphics settings raised to see when it became GPU restricted and that has not happened yet.
    So i might aswell leave the graphics on high, if its going to run like crap it may aswell be pretty crap.
  18. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

I'm sorry to have been so quiet, but I wanted to make sure of some changes before posting any real information. I've found a significant cause and am working on the solution now. After more testing, we'll have a better idea when the fix can be deployed.
    • Up x 34
  19. Addsome

This is good to hear. Hope you guys can fix it and maybe with some luck, actually optimize it even better. :D
  20. Enomaly

tonight!?

excellent to hear though , thanks Cycles for your hard work and actual community response to endless amounts of basement nerd rage
    • Up x 1