Flinch can never be balanced between the factions, remove it please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by haniblecter, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Nakor

Your 5 pages of spewing arrogant self-superior nonsense, what else?
    • Up x 2
  2. iller

False.

As I just stated right above you, the core imbalance isn't the ineherent weapon accuracy but the Desynch caused by RATE OF FIRE. Unfortunately this also means that they can't simply downtune this by basing it off Damage. The problem is inside the Netcode itself and the biggest benefactors of that netcode imbalance are obviously the guys with the highest general-spread ROF.

I don't even think their own programmers realize this yet, or if they do, they're keeping it a secret from the "I follow my gut first" dunderheads like Higby just to avoid yet another monumental Technical hardship on top of the Culling & "continent Meta" issues they already have to cope with. This is 100% standard operating procedure if you've followed SOE long enough.
  3. Riskae

the reasoning is that NC guns do more damage per bullet and have lower TTK. making them miss some of their shots is all you have to beat them
  4. Kurohagane

They however have a significantly lower firerate.
  5. haniblecter

two striaght deaths to karv and flare spamming ******** that should have been dropped to my superior gunmanship.

What's this about the night scopes not flinching? wtf is that crap?
  6. UberBonisseur

The moment my eyes set on this thread, I grew a tumor.

And it didn't take more than reading the first page.
  7. Kryptic57

It is an awful mechanic that favors high ROF weapons and should be removed asap. This is the most requested change to the game i'd say.
  8. haniblecter

I feel like Im in a metal concert circa 1992 everytime I face a polaris or TRAC.
  9. Tabakki

Competative in the world of MMO's...especially F2P MMO's is a recipe for failure....if noobs are never allower to get a kill, they will quit playing, and eventually the game will die. The formula that works best is a system that rewards time spent playing (where having a higher "level" toon is an "I win") or spending a lot of money will buy an advantage (less effective and known as "pay to win" as it drives the skilled players away) People don't like to lose, and more and more these days in gaming, they don't want to work to achieve anything anymore, either (see WoW). I fear games with the depth of UO and SWG are gone forever...sad, really.
  10. Neopopulas

BIG dislike for flinch, especially considering its not balanced across all factions and weapons, giving one faction or weapon an advantage over others, the common blame is usually thrown at the feat of the TR with their high RoF weapons, which just adds to the balance mismatch.. Its not a popular mechanic and if it isn't removed, it should at least be significantly reduced.

Hell, i would be move in favour of a suppression system, with heavier weapons (REGARDLESS of faction) caused more suppression, this would slow combat down and only take affect with sustained heavy weapons fire, it would prevent this thing i see where everyone just spends all their time running around in circles looking for things to kill and there is no tactical movement, no cover, no defensive lines. Just.. running and shooting.

Just personal preference.
    • Up x 1
  11. Goretzu

I don't know that it has to be removed.

At the moment it is clearly broken and not fit for purpose because it does favour high RoF weapons so much.

However it probably could be fixed to work on amount of damage rather than RoF hits would make the system fine.
  12. ironfather

HEY HO FLINCH NEEDS TO GO!!!!!
  13. Warruz

Id prefer to see it removed, however if it is kept then flinch needs to scale with the amount of damage per bullet.
  14. haniblecter

Another ****** death, trying to move my sight on to target and it jumps 3 player widths to the right while a CARV tart sprays away.

FUUUUN MECHANIC SOE
  15. Hodo

Funny I dont have this problem.
  16. {joer

Its cute the way people blame the flinch mechanic for their own deaths and often incompetence. With the very low TTK in this game, its not flinch causing you to lose, you already lost when you are flinching.

My guess is its guys using 3.4*+ scopes complaining, use a 2 or 1x and its not an issue.
    • Up x 1
  17. haniblecter

Exactly! The low TTK means that even a slight jump off target is death.
  18. infinite loop

Exactly my biggest issue with it as a primarily LA player when on foot. I excel at flanking and surprising groups of enemies, but most of the time I have to try for the 1v1 kill or this ******** mechanic gets me killed. Just one of the many poor design decisions that has lead to numbers being the only thing that matters in this game. Skill is an afterthought.