Flinch can never be balanced between the factions, remove it please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by haniblecter, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Tasogie

Where did I say they are imbalanced? I am very happy with how the weapons are working.
  2. Antivide

[IMG]

You sound like the people in BF3 who said the M16A4 was balanced.

High ROF, accurate, medium recoil.
    Kind of like TR...

No wait, you probably ARE one of those people.
  3. chrollo

i dislike the flinch mechanic because it favors the person who shoots first, and honestly they don't need any more advantage since you know they got the first shot. I personally don't like thinking that I got my kill because i shot first and the person I shot had no chance to put up a fight cause of a dumb flinch mechanic.
    • Up x 2
  4. Tasogie

lol if you say so, I have no issues with the game, bar hacks... See I am whats called a gamer who takes responsibility for his own gameplay. I dont need nerfs so I can feel good about my abilities...
    Try it sometime.

As for BF3, LOL I woudlnt play that insult to gaming if you paid me.Its on par with COD for being insulting to be called an FPS
  5. HyperMatrix

I'm saying high ping players negatively affect my game.
  6. FoolishLobster

soe y u not do dis
    • Up x 1
  7. Tasogie

But they dont,there are very very small number of high ping players compared to the rest on server.
  8. HadesR

If not removed it should be done how Higby mentioned and Dmg per Bullet not the amounts of hits
  9. Tasogie

people are so het up on making everything even, everything mirrored an so sterile, I dont know why they play
  10. HyperMatrix

There's no way for you to know that and make that statement. On my server we have hundreds of players who play from china and Russia and Australia and have incredibly high ping. Especially the ones from china who play through VPN.
    • Up x 1
  11. MarkAntony

Remove flinch. It is a bad mechanic.
    • Up x 2
  12. Tasogie

flinch is fine. they should not remove something that makes you think, instead of jsut run an gun everything. theres other games for that. You are meant to sue cover an work with a team in PS2. Leave flinch where it is.
    • Up x 1
  13. vooodooov

Yes please!
    • Up x 2
  14. haniblecter

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand bump
    • Up x 1
  15. Gavyne

Flinching mechanic favors the factions with fastest weapons. This mechanic is responsible for 95% of the complaints from NC infantry. I understand that flinching actually in a way prolongs the TTK. It's the one thing that makes this game's TTK longer than CoD & BF. But the mechanic itself is unfair to the faction that has to always get the slowest weapons.

I support removing flinching, but they should add a 500hp layer on everybody if they remove it. Or better yet, add in a cert that everybody can get, called special futuristic armor or something. It'll pad you with additional hp, plus it removes flinching effect.
  16. Tasogie

flinch is just fine, you shouldn't be in the open running an gunning. if you get hit, you get hit, it is going to happen. Stop trying to water down the game to such a shallow puddle depth simplistic idea. Use your brains an play properly an flinch will not be an issue.
  17. Tasogie

lol NC complaining about guns. Too funny, not to mention the fact NC guns are superb to put it mildly
  18. Gavyne

Irony is whatever "superb" NC guns have over other factions, it's equalized and diminished by the flinching mechanic... which is what this thread is about.
  19. Tasogie

an yet I have never in 45 levels as a NC been abused by this horrific flinch mechanic.... Strange that. Trouble with these threads is when people come to forums to vent they make things so drastic sounding that they hope people will believe them.
  20. Crywalker

Agree, not saying that out of NC bias either only just started playing mine.
    BR 40 VS
    BR 25 TR
    BR 11 NC

I spent a lot of time with the pulsar C(NC style high damage low RoF gun) as VS thinking I must just be really bad at CQC. Then I got the VX6-7 and LOL.