Flinch can never be balanced between the factions, remove it please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by haniblecter, Feb 8, 2013.

1. VodkaGR

It was added for realism of course,along with jetpacks,laser guns and invisibility.

On a serious note,this is stupid.SoE makes a game where you're bound to be fired upon by 10-20 enemies,and has almost zero cover on open areas(or even closed areas),yet they feel the need to make you inable to shoot when you're shot.

Things such as these,and their microtransaction system,makes me wonder if they have any logic and intelligence at all
    • Up x 1
  2. soeguud

Got to lvl 50 in BF3 whilst absolutely hating the game, Got to R215 in APB:Reloaded whilst wanting to put my fist through the face of the team currently managing it. Therefore levels don't mean jack and how you experience the game may not /does not reflect the majority's opinion.

Also, playing NC is extremely system dependent, a low-end computer is god-awful for low ROF factions and a higher-end computer would be able to properly manage flinching without framerate giving you a slideshow of the ceiling.
  3. Tasogie

yes, but low end PC is hardly the games fault is it. Now I grant you, not everyone can afford a high end PC, I get that, but that cant be blamed on the game.
  4. Laraso

Playing tactically or "Use your brains an play" doesn't save you when you can't actually aim at your target. I literally thought you were joking when you said to find cover. Cover is such a joke in this game I'm surprised you talk about it like it actually exists. Stay behind cover, and die as a Heavy Assault gracefully walks up to it with his finger already pressed firmly against the trigger long before he even sees you.

I've started using laser sights on my weapons instead of foregrips because it's easier to hit targets while hipfiring than ADS in an actual fight. No matter how good you are at the game, no matter how tactically you play, you can't defeat the mechanics of the game. You can't aim at your target if your screen is shaking like there is a massive earthquake, it's simply not possible.
  5. dough

Your use of the epithet 'scrub' immediately invalidates your entire request. If you are that concerned with being 'l33t', leave us and go play CoD.
  6. dough

Are you not familiar with the idea that if you run with a bigger and more organized team that you'll win more often? This game isn't about 1v1 nor will it ever be.
  7. dough

^^this.
  8. dough

You have utterly missed the point.. The point is that you can't compensate for it..
  9. Hoki

Yesterday I was standing near a tree shooting, when I stepped onto a part of the tree roots that were 1 inch of the ground, my guy was like WOOOOAHHH AAAAHH I'M FALLING SHOOT AT THE CLOUDS
    • Up x 1
  10. dough

Man, the kiddies are out in absolute full force today..
  11. dough

12. Eugenitor

Flinch is a noob mechanic designed to encourage zerging and allowing groups of weak players to overcome a stronger one, thereby broadening SOE's continuing customer base.

Let's take the example of three weak players and one fairly good player surprising each other in CQC. The good player aims and fires at the first noob's head. However, his gun can only kill the first guy so fast. While he's shooting the first guy, who is landing one or two shots of his own, the other two are landing a couple of shots. This seriously increases his TTK; by the time he's done killing the first guy and started in on the second, the second and third noobs' spam have brought him down. If there was no flinch, he might have had a good chance of surviving the encounter.

The mechanic is literally anti-skill.
    • Up x 2
  13. Endlos

The current flinch mechanic is bad and it should feel bad.

Anything would make it better. Remove it, make it so shields up = no flinch, make flinch amount relative to damage done, literally anything other than what we have now would be an improvement for game balance.

It's unbelievably frustrating to use the Saw in small scale encounters or when trying to limit angles of approach in larger fights. If a TR or a VS sees me, I'm probably going to die. Even if we start firing on each other at the same moment and I pop my overshield, I'm probably going to die. I may get a round or two into them at the start and then it's just over for me -- I'll never hit them again unless I get extremely lucky and my target misses me with his shots. The flinch-spam is downright absurd.

The faction difference is simply ridiculous, and I can see and feel it from the other side of things, too. If I'm on my TR or VS HA with the ez-mode Orion I can tell when I clear a room of NC that those poor fools can't even aim at me because of the hose factor. It's a night and day difference in CQC.
  14. HadesR

Needs toning down a bit so we don't shake worse than Muhammad Ali
  15. dough

Interestingly, myself and my outfits mates seem to do just fine in getting the job done WITH the flinch mechanic.. Yes, I die.. so? The entire argument about flinch mechanics looks to me like its kiddies frustrated that their precious K/D ratio is being negatively effected. My reaction? .. yawn ..
  16. Eugenitor

The prosecution rests.
    • Up x 1
  17. soeguud

It's up to the developers to manage the game in such a way that low-spec computers at least have a decent chance. Flinch ruins that chance.
  18. Tasogie

AHHAHAHHAHA you actually believe that 3 on 1, the 1 should win. LOL
  19. iller

spoken like a true TR fanboi
  20. Tasogie

Am I? strange since my NC is higher BR an twice the hours played of my TR guy.