Flinch can never be balanced between the factions, remove it please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by haniblecter, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Tasogie

if you say so funny thing about the internet, is only the young feel they need to define themselves by their gaming ability. I know I was good at the game an I really don't give a ****. At end of day it was a computer game, eg has ZERO effect on my life.
  2. Nakor

ITT: Arrogant TR
    - Hey kids its not the game, its just you. Why can't you be more l77t winzorz? Geez, stupid noobz.
    • Up x 3
  3. Tasogie

no idea what your ranting about, but I am sure its irrelevant.
  4. p4zuz3

+1 remove flinching, lowers skill cap in uneven fights and promotes zerging.
  5. Hunter_Killers

A single scope balance does not make.

Flinch is mindless just like camera shaking because of explosive spam. I can't see anyone defending it that isn't hiding behind it as a gimmick.
  6. Kurohagane

Nope. Too limited to do that. Hardly any use for good prediction if you move like you had legs wrapped in a potato sack and all that matters is who shoots first.
  7. Xanrn

+1 Bump.

Fix this please, Damage Based not Hit Based.
  8. Loegi

I agree, but not because of faction balance reasons. I think it gives too much advantage to the guy who sees somebody first, the other guy should be able to kill the first guy if he plays better.

All random factors like this are pretty damn annoying.
  9. USD

Get rid of screen shake from explosions too, while we're at it. I find it more immersive when I can see wtf is going on.
  10. korpisoturi

tasogie dont you see the pattern here ? you argueing practically ALONE here against everyone else, BUT go ahead let see how it works for you , cosafter all you are the one who is "right" on this one eh ?o_O
  11. Riskae

maybe the people who agree with him are just playing the game and enjoying it.

honestly, I think NC guns are the most devistating guns in the game with one caveat. they have to be in the hands of a skilled player.

2 skilled players face off and the NC gun will win the day 6 times out of 10.

the flinch mechanic is the only reason TR and VS players stand a chance vs NC.

so you guys are basically saying you never want to lose a straight up fight again. congrats, I hope they never bloody do that.
  12. 13lackCats

Perhaps you should hit the target. Like he is.

Amazing. Crying because you are being hit more than you're hitting.

Cry some moar. SOE, despite their credentials, will rub your butt eventually.
  13. LordMondando

They should make it relative to damage done.
    • Up x 1
  14. Kurohagane

That is... i can't even comment on that.

Any reasoning behind this? I see none. If that is your opinion, you shoudln't accuse him of something that is there just according to your mentality. It is no longer subjective if you do that.
  15. FeelTehRUSH

while you may be right i find it hardest when im NC to kill the other factions with a slow weapon but with a fast weapon in TR or vanu i also find it difficult to kill NC back if they have a slow powerful weapon. its odd how TR and Vanu seem to never have this flinch problem against each other and i think it has mostly to do with lag, inconsistent numbers in that flinch multitiered staircase and just overall TOO much of it. if all the numbers were toned down, i think that it would be much more about skill (aiming for head, etc...) and less about who fired first due to latency differences. if i made no sense im sorry :p
  16. iller

^No that makes perfect sense and it's a lot more technically correct than the way most people understand "Flinching" to work. (IE: the biggest spread/inaccuracy involved in it is actually coming from LATENCY or Desynch problems being magnified by the Flinch mechanic, not the recoil or location the Crosshair is "moved to" when the player is interrupted). In otherwords: it literally induces Ghost-Shots

No but you are being straight up lied to. Every post so far he makes contains atleast 1 massive falsehood and he's not even trying to hide them

(esp the one about tribes)
  17. Sumguy720

I really liked the idea of no flinch when taking shield damage, but flinching when taking direct health damage.
  18. Larington

My main problem with the flinch mechanic is just that it's plain frustrating. I'm trying to aim at the target damnit and the game won't let me. At least I can compensate for recoil, but when someone in a tank nearby firing a shell throws my shot I get a need to find a different game to play. Honestly, the flinch stuff in PS2 is worse than trying to line up a shot in PS1 with a **** BFR walking around next to you and there were times that made me log off too.
  19. vooodooov

This!
  20. SgtBreastroker

Removing flinch is only going to make TR the superior faction.