Fix for the crash to desktop (OutofMemory)! [Please Read]

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Meta Haze, Nov 21, 2012.

1. fromksa

u wont me blaye and open the game as Administrator?
  2. fromksa

i locked for it in my pc i tryed and but i didnt found it i klicked right in the game but thaer i didnt found it help me pls
  3. BenYeeHua

You misunderstanding...
    You need to open the CMD as Admin, not the game...
    And the maximum memory you can give is 3GB
    bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072
  4. fromksa

i did what u wont i wrote "bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072" and my memory is 4096 mg man not gb and its said " bcdedit is not recognized as an internal or external commend,operable program or patch file"
    sry for bad english but ididnt understand pls help tell what ihave to do my memory 4096mg ram how i can write it?
    tell me Exactly what ineed to write plssss
  5. fromksa

woooooowwwwwww man i did it tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    u are the maaaaaaaaan hahahahah now i can blaaay:)
  6. BenYeeHua

Er...
    What?
    And just follow what microsoft say.
    So you can give 3GB for game while leaving 1GB for system use.:)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb613473(v=vs.85).aspx
  7. EagleWulf501

I really require help and advice from anyone here
    This never happened to me during the first 34 hours of gameplay but just now it started
    Everytime i go on the map it takes lituraly 30 seconds to load it, and if i zoom in/out or move around in the map it freezes again.

I tried to re install the game (first it was on Steam, but now i removed it and installed it outside steam).
    please help me, it really ruins everything, when i die it brings me to the map again which theoretically give me +30 extra respawn time. But if i choose to spawn somewhere else, it give me +30 again :(((
    all activity on the map causes this! I dont have a bad computer so thats not the problem...

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN FORE HAND!!! (EagleWulf502)
  8. Excessive

I've done exactly as told in this thread but my computer still crashes on loading screens every 10-15 minutes :(. When it didnt work at 4000 i even tried it at 3072 as some people have said worked for them but still nothing :(. And before anyone asks I'm running PS2 as administrator as well. Please help!
  9. Kookamunga

Upgrade to 64 bit OS , cheap fix

After that your memory problems will stop. Then all you have to deal with is the graphics problems and lag problems :p

Oh and disable shadows in your ini file also.
  10. -Crotalus-

I have been having issues with getting this command to work in the command prop, it keeps saying "bcedit is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file"

Windows XP SP3
  11. Savagebuddha

I really hope they fix this issue, Im enjoying the game for the 20-30 minutes i can get on to play.

Also I would try the fix people have presented, but I just got my computer back after 6 months and I dont want to risk going into command prompt (As im not that familiar with it) and messing my comp up.

Can anyone confirm a real danger to the OP's original fix? I know the first poster said it was dangerous but i havent heard anyone complain about it messing up their comps...
  12. BenYeeHua

XP is /3GB on the other way.:)
  13. GTEleanor

Ok. i tried this and the game played longer but still crashed. my pc has 32gb of ram but has 32bit op system so i cant use all 32gb it only recognizes 4. i put 4000 in the cmd prompt thing and it played longer then crashed. any other suggestions?
  14. ThePowerofLava

My problem is, I am running a 64-bit OS.

Anyone have any idea what my problem could be? I tried the CMD trick, but this is all I got:

'bcedit' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program of bach file.

I am crashing almost constantly now, any help?
  15. Nacasatu

Isn't the game already Large Address Aware ? So there should be no need to use this at all...
  16. BenYeeHua

lol
    Is bcdedit.
    Don't bite the "D";)
  17. ThePowerofLava

oh, okay. silly me.... maybe i should get my eyes checked again!
  18. alej

Hi, i know this post is old but, before changing i just would like to ask:
    I have Wind 7 64 bits, with 16 Gb ram, and i constantly crash to the desktop, i cheked the directory and there is a -txt file with the "out of memory" stuf, how much ram should i increase? 4000 is ok? or should i go with 6000 or more?
  19. binary haunter

when i start the game it crashes as soon as the screen turns black and the game cursor appears. Please notify me about a solution to this problem.
  20. karikkato

sadly, this doesn't appear to work for me, I'm running win7 64bit, have 2x8gb ram, yet nothing makes this game not crash... and its sad because I use more ram intensive programs on a day to day basis, yet this is the only program to do this