Fix for the crash to desktop (OutofMemory)! [Please Read]

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Meta Haze, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Hypercation

I once tried the 3gb switch for Win XP, but my GPU drivers broke. I have Win 7 32-bit now, should I try it again?

Win 7 32-bit
    4gb ram
    ATI HD5870 1gb
  2. Sourc7

It's works , thank you
  3. UberRookie

OK here's the thing, everything is fine with command prompt until i attempt to type in set increaseuserva 4000. i get an error stating that the "environment variable" is not defined if anyone has a fix plz help
  4. y3ivan

Nope, tried all methods and it still CTD after 30mins. Same error.

i presume the 32-bit fix only works for certain computers

win7 32-bit
    4.00gb ram (3.25gb usable)
    atihd6870 1gb
  5. AliSaboor

i did everything and i worked at the beginning because i did not crash so fast like i used to but then after 10 or 20m it crashed again what should i do i did everystep you told me ! ty
  6. mindbomb

why are any of you even using 32 bit windows?
    You all have 64 bit processors...
    • Up x 1
  7. Marlowe365

How much should I add? I have 4 gig ram, but it says only 3 gigs are usable.
    More info:

Processor: Pentium dual-core CPU T4200 @ 2.00 GHz

32-bit

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

ATi Radeon HD 4330

The laptop is from MSI.

Also should I run it with copatibility with XP or other non-Windows 7 version?
  8. Dovahkiin

Install windows 7 64-bit.
    32-bit only allows 3gb of RAM.
  9. C4Chaos42

10. y3ivan

not all application works well on 64-bit systems
  11. Hydragarium

We're talking marginal percentages here at worst - Applications by default do not care which architecture your system runs, because it can run both. It's generally the issue of a few poorly written drivers that create any kind of issue with 64bit systems - something your typical end user will never run into.
  12. y3ivan

i have several old engineering software which works on 16 & 32 bit windows without crashing and drivers too
  13. Hydragarium

My point exactly - that is not typical end user software.
  14. Coopre

i have 8 gb ram but no 64 bit system... i read that i can only change up to 3072 is that right?
  15. Coopre

It works :D thanks ^^
  16. BenYeeHua

Great!
    As you are using 32 bit windows, you need to crack the PAE so the system can using all the RAM.
    And the better ways is start using 64 bit windows, it will provide 4GB for the game while on 32 bit windows it only can using 3GB.
  17. Spurf

I tried changing to 2500 and it worked for 18 minutes and so I tried 4000 and it only went for 8 minutes, can anyone help me?
  18. BenYeeHua

Yes, the best way is changing your os to 64-bit.
    It has also help many BF3 player which facing crash problem.
    And I think the setting fail as the max is 3072.
    Try 3072(3GB) for it.;)
  19. fromksa

man i wrote what u wont but its say access denied and my the ram ihave is 4096 mg not gb and do u wont to me type /set or no i wrote avry thing like this bcdedit /inreaseuserva 4096 is it like this? man help me plsss i wont blay 10 hours but icant from crashing
  20. TheEvilBlight

You'll probably need to start command prompt as an Administrator.