Emerald Has Turned Me Into A Curmudgeon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheShrapnelKing, Oct 15, 2014.

1. TheShrapnelKing

I didn't say that. In fact, LOL, I've said EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. Jesus, LISTEN. I've simply said the VS usually win all the time and am lamenting the fact that the way they play is fundamentally not compatible with how the NC and TR want to play when ti comes to having fun.
  2. Dracorean

I agree, personally I have no problem in fighting the VS though challenging as it might seem, I see people dislike fighting them that or they can't really see how they 'fail' to take a VS base, or push out a VS from their own. I guess people don't really see the point in it after awhile and they rather fight someone else.

Its best to figure out what's wrong and try to tackle the problem, instead of just avoiding it. The nature of a casual player I suppose..
    • Up x 1
  3. xDesideratus

Okay, so why do you feel like anyone should accommodate you? If you don't feel like it's any fun fighting Emerald VS, why don't you leave? Like I'm not even trying to be a jerk here, but everything you post is just a bunch of "ME ME ME ME ME" crap, and you are not entitled to anything; None of us are. VS should not, and will not, try to adjust to what you want any more than you should, or will, adjust to what we want. If you have a deep, fundamental issue with how one faction on a server plays the game, you should do something to address that issue instead of just complaining endlessly. Try rerolling on Connery, I think they're more akin to what you want.

EDIT:
    This. Avoiding and complaining will do nothing to address the issue you have, and if it bothers you so much then you need to do something about it, like rerolling on Connery or something. Even if you're east-coast, the game is sufficiently clientside that the ping won't affect you much.
  4. TheShrapnelKing

Tackling the problem requires effort no one wants to put in. They just want to play, they don't want it to be a job. If people wanted to try to match the VS they would do it - but they don't, clearly. And I don't blame them, I hate the way the VS plays.
  5. TheShrapnelKing

They are indeed, and I might go there if not for the fact that A) The Connery NC are the second most ******** players in the game after the Waterson TR; and B) I basically can't give up this character, I'm F2P and re-unlocking everything would take way to long. I've sunk too much time into this guy to give him up. So I won't.

Like I said: I'm going to try to play with a different mindset, since I can't play how I want on this server, but I can't change servers.
  6. Dracorean

If the people that dislike the VS, leave; then the VS would be the most populated faction, no one wants that.

Well 'effort' isn't that difficult to put into, like for example I suck in infantry combat, however vehicles I just adore. Given that I suck with a gun and we need to capture the point, I swap over to A MAX or support. The way the game is set up is that depending on what you are 'good' at you are putting much more effort into the game then just pointing and shooting.

There are people who do match up to them, I've played with them but the people that don't seem to give up too quickly and leave, I've played with those kinda people too. Putting effort can be as second nature as playing a favorite class, so it really isn't that much like a job as 'most' people would believe.
  7. Goldmonk

Honestly, I fight the VS plenty. It's when they start farming with their PPA's that makes me angry. I'll stay and try to find away around them, but most of the time they overrun the base and certain members from GOKU (notice how I said certain, not all. So don't get your panties in a wad.) will start taunting worse than the Frenchmen in Monty Python's Holy Grail. I have had plenty of small squad on squad fights with the VS that I thoroughly enjoyed. When the alerts come along and all the try hards come out is when the fun is lost.
    VS are not the only ones with try hards either. I ran with an outfit where the leader tried to "drill" people on proper formations when on a patrol. He'd yell at us if we missed one single detail while running to the next base. I had to tell him to chill the **** out and that sometimes people just want to play and have a good time. I eventually left, started my own, and 75% of the members joined. My point is everyone is equal. There are try hards on all sides that everyone hates, there are noobs on all sides. Let the players fight who they want to fight. If NC/TR want to team up on VS, let me grab my RAMS and I'll join the fight.
  8. xDesideratus

I can't get my panties in a bunch because 1.) I'm going commando and 2.) It's me I'm the yellchat warrior
    Feel free to taunt me back, especially when you kill me, I adore in-game rivalry to give a sense of meaning to otherwise-pointless kills~

Ahahahaha do you remember who this was? Because it sounds hilarious. That sort of thing isn't "tryhard" (What does that even mean?) and more "incompetent", because most actual military stuff (Especially formations, never do formations) is totally inapplicable to PlanetSide.
  9. Alan Kalane

Every single member makes an outfit stronger. More members means more manpower to pull out tasks. Trust me, I sometimes command a squad in my outfit.As the number of members grow there are more and more players online at any given moment to command and that makes an outfit stronger, even if those members are complete newbs who don't know what they're doing. You can always ask them to man a gun on a vehicle or something...
  10. Brad seven

Having up to 40% population over TR and VS will have that affect. Now that VS own most of the population welcome to the underdog corner.
  11. Alan Kalane

Lone wolfs are literally the cause of this game being so chaotic,unmanaged and zergy. They don't care about their faction winning nor about good fights, they only care about certs and personal skill.When they loose they whine about other factions being OP or other players being noobs instead of searching for the root of the problem and solving it.

They can't take nor defend a facility on their own so they can't start a new fight. This causes them to join a fight that's already going but they quit as soon as their side starts loosing. This behaviour is the reason zergs even exist. Any half-decent squad leader would rather leave a zerg and start a new battle somewhere else than just sit with the zerg staring at a shiny box the spawnroom is and waiting for the timer to hit 0. At least that's what the leaders in my outfit do, me included. And we're not master strategists,just normal people who have some experience with this game and an idea how to use this knowledge.

And I know how to play as a lonewolf, I was lonewolfing until I hit BR 40. I still sometimes lonewolf when there are not enough members online.If there are not enough leaders in your outfit - just become one. Even if you suck nobody is going to blame you. Leading is a tough job and it comes with practice.
  12. Goldmonk

I love in-game rivalries myself, especially between fellow infiltrators. Nothing is more exciting than trying to find an enemy sniper from across the base.

More like incompetent tryhard. I do in fact remember his name (won't say it on here because of shaming) but I have given my outfit members permission to TK him on sight if they want to. There are only a few military tactics I have found useful in Planetside, such as having a wingman and clearing out buildings.