[Suggestion] DO NOT upgrade MEDIC tool.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Vokker, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vincent-

I rather upgrade it. You really think the enemy team is going to wait for me to heal a guy while others are down as well? You're out of your mind to think I care for xp when I'm with my squad attacking defending a base.
  2. LokiGwayyn

Do it. Upgrade the thing. I got lvl 6 yesterday and its awesome. Rezz and run without needing to wait whether rezz gets accepted so you can fully heal people. Faster, longer range. 10/10 would cert again.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ziogatto89

I find your signature extremely ironic. Here you are complaining that you'd rather get more XP from reviving and healing people over an incredibly long time rather than reviving people already fully healed literally in the blink of an eye?

You basically would sacrifice the effectiviness of your team for a few XP points and you wonder why your team sucks every time? Your team sucks every time because YOU are in it.

Besides, if there's a room with 5 dead people and 2 medics come across it one with level 6 tool and one with level 1 tool, by the time the latter has revived and healed one person the former will have revived everyone else and moved on to the next objective. Keep getting your tiny heal XP while i get 3 times more revive XP and help my team along the way.

I can only hope you're a troll, otherwise i really pity your team for having someone like you to slow them down so much.
    • Up x 6
  4. UrMom306

if you have below a level 5 med tool don't even bother resing me. If you res me with a lvl 1 med tool and don't heal me after I'll teamkill you cause your a ******* idiot. Cert up your med tool, it's faster, it's range is longer, and it revives at full. All around it helps your team, don't be a solo xp *****.
  5. Vokker

Poor old me. So I'm the ONE guy bringing down the hundreds of players? Bwhahahaha...
  6. DeadLamb

yes and no.. There is a compounding butterfly effect that starts to kick in with lower level revives. Other medics have to pause to heal up the person, ever second spent healing or taking longer to revive a person (due to keeping the lower level gun) could of been spend moving X amount of feet forward in game.

The person being healed it taken out of the game for longer, the medic is taken out of game longer. Yes, it's only a few seconds but over the course of a couple of hours of game play it starts to add up.. Those few feet might be the difference between the heavy being in the +1 shot that kills the sundy or a fellow medic making it to a room to save 2 other people in time etc etc etc..

it's something you notice more when you play in a good outfit that moves well as a team, then play later with some other more random sort of squads with lets say, the low level medic gun sort of players. All of a sudden the squads are split up more being the dead guy on the stair's can't be revived on the run and RIGHT back in with the team moving forward to the point. Now your breach heavy with the chaingun is hanging back with the medic on the stairs and falling behind. Two guns are already out of the fight..

the AP mine the heavy on the stair should of ate no problem ends up killing your 2nd medic etc etc..

Don't think of it like a level 1 medic is derailing the train. It's more like he is the annoying guy you sit next too that makes the ride a little more unpleasant then it needs to be..
    • Up x 1
  7. Simferion

The real Combat Medic uses his fully upgraded Medigun only for revives, except for particular cases, and relies on his AoE NanoRegen Ability to heal people in the middle of the fight.
    So you can both shoot and heal at the same time.
  8. Unknown Kadath

No, you're the hypocrite who has a sig moaning about bad players while posting brainless crap like this on the forums. You're either a troll or a selfish idiot. Either way I hope you're not Vanu so I can avoid being ressed by you AND have the chance to shoot you.
  9. Bindlestiff

This discussion still going? Wow. I thought it ended at "he's wrong" on page 1.
  10. alex198

Omg, you're not seriously using aoe heal?!
    But it gives only half the xp of the medtool! You're wasting so much xp right there.
    Next thing you'll say is that you use revive grenade to help push cap point or some such nonsense instead of basking in the cert gaining of lvl 1 tool.
    Truly noobish thing to do...
  11. Ganjis

You go ahead and I will "Res-steal" from you and anyone else following your advice ;). I will also be less likely to be shot while doing it due to longer range and shorter time to do it. Finally I will get more multiple reses from the same person if they die multiple times as they know they will come back with a fighting chance.

I only have next-to-max rank, but it makes a huge difference. I do not play all that much medic, but max rank is quite high on my shopping list (possibly at the top for things that cost that much).
  12. Vokker

If I start ressing, with level 1 tool, and you happen to come along to STEAL my revive... You cannot, cause I started ressing first. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
  13. Inkos

Nope, I will rezz 2 guys in the same time, getting the double XP you get and then before the guy you have rezzed can accept it, I go there, rezz him again in two secons and my rezz will overwrite yours... so I get 3 revieves in the same time you get no one, because you are to greedy to spend some CERTs in the Med tool to support other players.
  14. Vokker

LOL. Here we go again... Round and round and round and round...

Prove it...
  15. }{ellKnight

He doesn't really need to... all the medics with level 6 tool will tell you it gets people back on their feet extremely fast. And this is talking from personal experience.

From a functionality point of view level 6 helps you because you can spend less time healing and rezzing and more time putting bullets in your enemies and it helps your team because it quickly gets them back up and at 100% health keeping the overall strength of your force at a good level. This bit is obvious.

I'll see if I can test this out and time it.
  16. }{ellKnight

Can't edit my previous post so sorry for double posting.

This was done with the help of 2 outfit friends (one of them logged on his VS toon and on of them on his TR one). First as a TR with lvl 6 tool I kept reviving the TR, timed it a few times. Then switched to VS medic (level 1 tool) and revived the VS several times.

What I did was measure the amount of XP/second for a full revive (meaning revive+heal if necessary). Since I knew the numbers would already prove my point I went ahead and tipped the balance slightly in favor of the level 1 tool to further make my point. A full revive with a level 1 tool takes around 8.3-8.4s but I used 8s instead. In the case of level 6 tool it takes around 1.2-1.3 seconds but I used 1.5 instead.

Level 1 tool 150 revive XP + 5*20 heal ticks XP (250XP total) in 8s, meaning an average of 31.25XP/s
    Level 6 tool 150XP (no heal) in 1.5s meaning an average of 100XP/s.

So there you go, proof that what I said earlier in this thread was true:
    • Up x 2
  17. MrLee.NO

In many cases I can start ressing after you've finished and be done before the guy manages to accept the res. And get the points. so HAH.

But I wouldn't because it is more effective to go res the 3 other guys and get those points instead of the measly res you were working on.

Also I'll die with my heal tool out half as much as you will. Screw the team argument, you're nerfing your own efficiency. You'll die more because you spend more time with no weapon out, and need to be closer to the target.
    Also, how many of your resses just run off immediately, leaving you without those extra heal points? Not a problem with a 100% heal tool. You just res and run. No need to give the guy another thought.
  18. KlyptoK

Dude, seriously.

I could so kill you, steal your revive, revive you again, and still be faster than it would take you just to finish reviving that guy.
  19. DeltaGun

IF you revive me with a Level 1 medic gun, I'm probably just going to TK you.
  20. Amouris

Funny thing is the OP's signature is exactly how I feel when a medic with no certs in his tool rezzes me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.