[Suggestion] DO NOT upgrade MEDIC tool.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Vokker, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElastaPlast

Could you do this with your level 1 medic tool?
    [IMG]
    Upgrade it and be useful!
    • Up x 3
  2. HeadshotVictim

it is really funny to see Vokker stating the same **** over and over again. when something like 10 people say otherwise...
    sure, not everytime whatt everyone says is right, but there is a point where a sensible person would start to THINK if he might be wrong...
    well, what to say:
    When I die, I don't die at cover. If I had cover, I wouldn't have died. Right?
    I die pretty often while attacking a base. If I try to reach the entrance of a base I have to run trough open terrain to reach the base and the capture point. So there is plenty of time for enemies to shoot oncoming attackers down.
    Medics with a lvl 1 tool are the ones feeding exp and stalling an attack. (To be honest: if someone tries to rezz me with a lvl 1 tool I decline, since I can be in battle faster with respawning at the sunderer and WALKING back to the fight than get rezzed, shot down, get rezzed, shot down, get rezzed, shot down, get rezzed and finally healed)

Since I died so many times to people with lvl 1 rezz-gun to cert farm in the middle of battle, I take sometimes the time to speed up the attack by "denying" said medic (with lvl 1 tool).
  3. Taiji

I'd delete this thread for being utterly stupid if I were a mod.
    • Up x 3
  4. Dramonicous

medics r next to useless in zerg fights anyway, in 9 out of 10 attempts to res me i press decline (max deaths not included).

some of my reasoning behind this is that i dont wanna ruin my K/D by having some ******* medic with lvl 1 gun res me so that i can get 1 shotted by pretty much any weapon in the game IN THE FOOT
  5. Sebyos

Medic tool 6 is fast enough to let you do your complete job.

There is combat in combat medic which means you have to fight and use those amazing ARs we got to cover allies from medium to long range not just stand there and take forever to rez then heal people.
    • Up x 2
  6. Wrel Developer

You're wrong...

...you know that, don't you?
    • Up x 1
  7. Vokker

Then make us another video. Since you do that so much...
  8. Wrel Developer

Or you could read any of the hundreds of other threads who've already done the work for me.
    • Up x 1
  9. Babaganoush

Don't be a medic if you don't want to use a fully upgraded tool. You're just hurting the rest of your team.
    • Up x 3
  10. Vokker

... but you love "comparison" vids and you probably hoping for a partnership with...

So go ahead. Organise us a vid. No actual facts were given in this thread, but a video could put that to rest. Don't you think?

Maybe rez 5 guys in a row.(Level 6 tool) (Timed of course.)(Total XP gained from those rez's.)
    Then take the same amount of time with level 1 tool and rez+heal until timer runs out. (Then check how much XP was gained.)
    Yeah?
  11. stalkish

So we are not upgrading medic tools, and i assume engi tools, so we get more xp? How sad, although what other options do SOE give us, this whole game is base on farming xp to get certs, no empire loyalty seems present, ive had friendlies blow me up because they simply have to steal my mine or c4 kill before i get it. Theres no real leadership in this game asside from 1 or 2 commanders who get wholy ignored if your empire owns 'the crown', to top it off zergs actively avoid each other, why bother with the possibility of losing when you can zerg stomp a small group of defenders and still get the same xp for the actual base cap.
    In short, i dont expect anything else when i play this game, since soe has given us nothing else to do but farm xp.
    • Up x 1
  12. bondKI

Being revived by someone without an upgraded Medic tool is like getting slapped in the face...
  13. Javik

This is a team game, L6 gets your team member back into the fight straight away at full health, its a much faster res [you can keep walking past the body] so less time for the damn sniper to pick you off and maxes get a better health when ressed. if any medic doesnt use L5+ then they are not efective. that said L1 med tool can be better than no medic at all in some situations like bio labs
  14. Vokker

So in short... most of you saying that when a level 4 Newbie, with a level 1 tool, comes around then you just decline his revive. Wow. that's very mature. Just goes to show the mentallity that some have. Just glad that MOST newbies do not actually see this. Otherwise there will be no more medics around.
  15. Kinkz

Totally agree with this entirely except for one point.

The medic should be doing this "apologising for your underperformance in getting him up". We have pills for this. It is no longer a problem ;).
  16. Taiji

It takes self-control not to TK medics like that.
  17. Whateverworks

When he's racing in front of a maxed meditool medic, and just out there for certs? Absolutely I would decline. If there are medics that have actually upgraded, they should be the primary revivers, and the guy with the level 1 tool should stay out of their way and concentrate on the injured, or (gasp) actually fight. It's a waste of another person's time to bring them back with a level 1 tool and then run off to revive someone else - you've brought them up, but you haven't made them combat effective.

Revive experience isn't the only experience that exists. It's not at all true to say that if a level 1 medic tool user isn't getting revives, he is horribly banished to no-experience land for now and always.

*ETA You've completely flipped your original statements here, by the way. At first you were making sarcastic comments at SOE because of your perception that level 1 users could get more experience than maxed ones. Now you are lamenting that level 1 users are going to be declined, and then can't get experience. Make up your mind.
  18. sauna

Semantics. You can't do ANYTHING when sprinting.
    You don't need to stop moving while resurrecting a player. Ok?

I don't care about BR, they could remove that entirely for all I care. I play for fun gameplay and that to me is objectives and teamplay. I don't pick fights where I will make the most certs.
    You farm for new weapons. Ok, fine. You WILL farm faster with fully upgraded tools. Come to Miller NC and we can go to some Bio Lab Farm sometime and compare your lvl 1 tool with my lvl 6.
  19. Vokker

Waiting for "Wrel" to make a vid for us all.
  20. JudgeDeath

Who necroed this old crappy thread ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.