[Suggestion] DO NOT upgrade MEDIC tool.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Vokker, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SolLeks

You would be an idot not to rank up the medic tool just for exp reasions....

It takes less than half a second from 4 meters away to pick up someone to full HP (and max @ 20%), thus you can get back to shooting faster where the real EXP is.
  2. LahLahSr

I rez my faction-allies with a capped tool. It was the first thing I maxed out on my medic after deciding to give that class a whirl.

While I actually believe I get more EXP - iin the long run - using the fully certed version (largely due to it's range and the speed with which I can proceed to the next fallen ally) it doesn't matter. The reason I rez/heal faction allies is because it's a force-multiplier against the enemy.
  3. Fallout10mm

I capped out my med tool last weekend (I'd been putting it off for too long). Your allies really appreiceate being ressed at full hp, especialy in a large chaotic fight where otherwise they'd get gunned down with in a second if you used a level 1 tool. Everytime I get resed by a med tool under 5 (as I can understand the amount of investment level 6 costs) I get angry as I ether have to sit there and wait for them to finish the job or get mowed down the instant I accept the revive.
  4. Oakwalker

I gotta admit, whenever i see a medic thats just rezzing people and not healing anyone, after the 5th or so person i shoot him dead.
    • Up x 1
  5. Zapon

^ and that's not what we need

I still use the medic level 1 tool- havent gotten certs to upgrade it yet really- i'll allocate some eventually, but for now, if you decline being healed or rezzed just because you spite everyone who hasn't upgraded- you're the problem with this game's mentality

ignoring force multipliers and so on- Killing your buddies because they are healing?really?
  6. iRhuel

You don't wanna level your medic tool, don't use it. Leave the medic work to the real medics.
    • Up x 2
  7. MrK

1) the premise that you lose XP when upgrading your medigun is false. Everything you do is done faster from farther away and you don't have the healng downtime needed afterwards, you can revive someone literally just when passing by.
    My Medic SPM has gone far higher once I upgraded my medigun, I don't even question that, it was THAT visible the very day I did it. It has been the best 500 certs I have spent by far. I can keep a full squad up non stop, something that was completely impossible due to the huge healing downtime post-revive. I can dedicate far more time to shooting and combat since I spend way less time healing.

2) Don't blame people dying in bad places for your unwillingless to upgrade and therefore your inability to be a usefull medic. The L6 MediGun allows you to revive everyone everywhere bare for completely open place facing tanks or a horde. This makes it a far better multiplying efficiency factor.
    Blaming others for dying while you play medic is kind of against any logic. Your JOB is about getting people dying back up.

I'm baffled by the OP logic. Only thinking about himself first, blame others because he can't be arsed to do his job better and then try to give lessons in the teamplay department....
  8. Oakwalker

No no no no no, A medics job is to prevent people from dying. A medic should never rezz someone who runs right into enemy fire with 0 chance of survival or getting anything done.

A medic who rezzes people at 20% health and runs away and never thinks back to heal, now has a small army of injured delicious certs for the enemy.
  9. CptFirelord

That and the engineer tool. People want cert farming? Repair damaged turrets/vehicles, help out the push, and res people with your med tool. Easiest cert farm (oh wait, that's how the game is meant to be played, how am I farming?!).
  10. RIctavius

*facepalm*
  11. Zagz

Some people need to be reminded that you're playing a team oriented game. If you're playing medic for XP, you're doing it wrong.
  12. Unknown Kadath

For the love of God, stop feeding the troll and let this thread die.
    • Up x 1
  13. MrK

Which is exactly why you should upgrade your medigun to max so that you don't have to heal after rezz
  14. Qaz

well .... if a problem requires 20 people to be thrown at it, we can either use 20 disposable soldiers or rez 5 people over and over again until the job's done. vanu enlightenment!
  15. Ripshaft

Understandable, V is like right next to F.
  16. MorganM

Finally maxed out my medic tool and so glad I did. I had been at the second to last level for a while now. Most ppl didn't mind because when I revived someone I would just keep the tool on them and they would be at full health in like 2 seconds. I certainly didn't res and run off because I knew they needed to be healed also.

However it's SOOO much nicer now! One of my favorite big upgrades. Even from just the medics point of view; makes you so much more effective. Now I res and switch back to my gun. Where as before I would have to keep the tool out... wait for them to accept the res... wait a couple more secs to heal them fully... takes a second to switch to my rifle.... Many times I felt as if I either had to just keep my tool out and forgo actually shooting back OR keep my gun out because switching back and forth usually ended up getting me killed.

This is coming from someone who plays ENG 80% o my time. You're thinking "dude, why didn't you upgrade your ENG tool then?!" I mean it's sitting at level 5 now too. Ultimately the upgrade is so much more effective on the medic tool and that tool will earn the certs I need to upgrade my ENG more =)
  17. Paulus

oO i'm sorry, you play a SUPPORT class and then start looking at how much XP it earns you?? seriously? OP you're being a medic for all the wrong reasons if "how much XP i can earn" is your guiding stat.

Your primary desire should be to get your outfit mates back up ASAP, throw those revive grenades ( Love these) at groups of corpses and use your maxed out tool on the others, the less time they spend dead the faster they can save your *** from being shot down by the enemy forces. Don't underestimate how vulnerable you are with your Med tool out, the less time you spend rezzing and healing the less likely you are to be shot with no means of returning fire.
  18. EViLMinD

Terrible suggestion, you selfish fool. Quality combat medics support their comrades by giving them the best medical care possible.

I'm a leet CM because I know that, in a tight situation, my lvl 6 tool revives will get my patients up and into the fight sooner and with more health. The stronger they are, the better my chances of staying alive and... WINNING THE OBJECTIVE.

Don't listen to this nub. Max out your medic and you will make more certs. Trust me. CM is my best class and I'm BR 81.
  19. Vokker

No...
  20. Fuers

u must be kidding lol. ofc upgrade it till lvl 5 at least!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.