[Suggestion] DO NOT upgrade MEDIC tool.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Vokker, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vokker

Do not upgrade MEDIC tool. You earn more XP if you leave it at LEVEL 1.
    Reason?
    Simple. Level 1 to level 6 medic tool will earn you about 80 XP (for non premium players) or so, to revive a dead team mate.
    With the medic tool at level 1, you will gain additional XP for healing your team mate after reviving him.
    With the medic tool at level 2, 3, 4, 5, you will still gain additional XP for healing a team mate, but it will be less and less, the further you upgrade it.
    With the medic tool at level 6, you will ONLY gain the 80, or so, XP for the revive. You cannot heal him, cause at level 6, your team mate will be revived with FULL health.

Who, at SONY, thought of this great injustice?

Well done SONY. Well Done.
    • Up x 5
  2. DiHorizon

The reduced time to res and increased range make up for it.
    Run around a biolab picking up dozens of your friendlies after they have grenade-related accidents. You get so much more XP for resing people en masse than for resing one guy and sitting with him, holding his hand and apologising for your underperformance in getting him up.
    • Up x 46
  3. cann0nf0dder

you can rezz up to 4 ppl instead of healing the first one to full hp and doing nothing else during that time
    as for healing, you get the same ammount then before, but it'll tick faster, as you heal faster and xp comes in faster, same xp here
    • Up x 1
  4. Bucketmaster

I hate being revived by medics with level 1 medtool, only to be instantly shot down again.
    • Up x 14
  5. Scorponok

yea and he leaves himself exposed to enemy fire by standing there healing a other guy...i ressed like 6 people in a few secs yesterday with capped tool...earned good chump of xp on it and we saved the outpost due to that they didnt require more healing and could fight instantly.It has to do with being selfish and shortsighted when it comes to that part...tbh...a good medic will upgrade his gear...to make sure people can fight faster.
    • Up x 1
  6. Arcanotechnician

A fully upgraded medic tool is way better than rank one. The rezzes are faster and safer, and you can pick up many more people than with a low rank tool. With a fully upgraded tool you can keep an infantry push going nicely.

Plus, if you have the rank one tool, you'll generally only get one rez accepted from many people before they start declining, while I'd you have the rank six, people are overjoyed by your presence. Assuming you can even finish rezzing them before they respawn.
    • Up x 13
  7. Inkos

Well, it is easy, if a Medic rezzes me, i watch how long he need to do it, if it is to long, i know that he has a bad med tool and will never accept the rezz except i am 100 % sure that the area is save. Med tool 5 or 6 is a must have cert for all medics...
    • Up x 8
  8. Scorponok

yea i do that as well...so tired of being ressed and having barely any life 1 shot flies by and down you go...
    • Up x 3
  9. Jac70

A fully certed medTool is probably the best cert spend in the game.
    • Up x 6
  10. Egitor

I main infiltrator but have spend more certs on my medigun than on my cloaking so far. It's a damn powerful tool and any medic should get at least the first few ranks as soon as they can.

While I agree you will probably earn more certs with the upgraded gun due to the res speed, I think there should be some improvements to the healing exp gain.

I suggest xp based on healing done rather than time spent healing.
    • Up x 4
  11. Regpuppy

Maggie confirmed that Med-tools gaining less xp at higher levels is a myth. People just miss the ticks/they don't show correctly. So unless we have some definitive proof otherwise. That's how it works.

/thread
    • Up x 2
  12. Rudette

LoLWut?

Guy. Let's apply some common sense and situational awareness to this.
    As mentioned faster, safer, longer range rez'ing is a god send for effectiveness.

The guy with the level 6 tool out ranges you. He's going to get the res first. He's going to res faster. He's going to get the xp. Even if you did get there before him he's rezing so much faster than you that he'll have moved on before you're even done rezing your first guy. He's going to be able to res without needing to be res'd himself. He's going to be the most useful to his team instead of some vulture slowing down the team.

Even looking at it from a cert farming prospective you make tons more in xp from sheer volume or rez's in a biodome you can pull off while safely breaking line of sight---Or really any such firing line equivalent.

Why OP, Why Vokker, didn't you apply simple logic to your forum post?

Well done OP. Well Done.

See how pompous that is? Doesn't help anyone does it? Try being constructive with your criticism unless you wish to endure responses like this.
    • Up x 2
  13. Razzyman

Hey Vokker. As many people have pointed out there are many upsides to the fully certed med tool, people coming back to life at full health, longer rez range, MUCH faster rez's, and one that wasn't mentioned is with a level 6 tool you can rez someone without ever stopping, put the dot on them, hold the trigger, and when you get in range it will start. The rez will complete before you are out of range.

While it seems like you are losing XP at first glance the increase when playing with a team due to faster rezzing and not having to hang around to heal (ergo your rezzing the next guy faster) nets you a large increase in XP gained over time. At the end of the day though you are doing your team a huge disservice by not upgrading your tool. You are significantly more effective with a max tool than you are at even level 5. The I can do it without ever having to stop moving. I can rez faster, safer, and more effectively. All that keeps me alive longer, letting me rez more, get more XP because of it, and I'm much more useful to my team.

Trust me, as someone who took a week or two to grind 500 certs with no boosts or sub it's worth it. I played a lot without it and would never go back even if they doubled the heal and rez XP on a lower level tool.
  14. korpisoturi

everyone is special, but it seems some are even more "special" than others.
  15. Joram

No you dont, if i see someone trying to resurrect me an it takes him 3 seconds im not accepting it, so lvl 1 gives you 0 xp trying to resurrect me.
  16. korpisoturi

"someone who took a week or two to grind 500 certs with no boosts or sub"

OUCH:rolleyes: is there typo ? cos if it takes week or two to "grind" 500 certs, mayby its you who get "grinded" :D
  17. DemoEvolved

DO NOT listen to the OP suggestion.

Lvl6 is net faster xp gain and saves your butt during combat rezzes, so you can shoot back, and get... more xp.

Albeit Level 2 rez can feel like what the OP says. Really it all turns around at level 6 tool.
    • Up x 2
  18. Blitzkrieg

I remember making the thread about this during beta and showing the difference between rank 1 and 2 triage which really showed the xp difference. For example 5 bars of missing health, with rank 1 triage I earned 955 xp where rank 2, I only earned 435 xp. This is something i'd like to see fixed in the future, not just on the med tool, engineer tool as well.

Any way, OP. Stop giving dire advice! This is completely selfish and just fail advice on an epic proportion. Maxing your medic tool (same for engineer) is critical not just for you but for team play! You can rez/heal at long ranges, you can do it faster, the fasted and safer you are when doing it the less likely chance you will be killed, it also helps your team exponentially. Terrible advice, I hope no one listens to this person.
    • Up x 1
  19. Razzyman

Hehe, yeah it was a while. I'm married with 3 kids under the age of 10 so my play time is quite limited. When I'm able to get on (read don't fall asleep on the couch at 9:30 :p) it's usually only for a couple to a few hours. So I don't get a whole ton of play time. I also spend 2-3 hours a week helping run training for my outfit so that takes away some of that time also.

I personally don't mind it. I've noticed a lot of people say that grinding certs is boring or the game isn't fun anymore. I still have a passion for it and I think it's because I'm not rushing through at mach speed (hell Im probably going slower than most). I still enjoy all the aspects of the game and in doing training and organizing different things in the outfit it really brings a fresh perspective to the game and let's face it, right now PS2 is a sand box, we've got to make our own content. Personally I'm having a blast doing that :)

In the end I was just trying to drive the point that even in cases where it takes a long time it's definitely worth it :)
  20. drNovikov

This is a very good thing to separate dedicated teamplayers from dumb cert farmers.
    • Up x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.