[Suggestion] DO NOT upgrade MEDIC tool.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Vokker, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. }{ellKnight

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    • Up x 1
  2. Darlith

It's only more xp if you only rez a single person, which is how many you will be rezzing if you don't upgrade because of the time involved. Also you will only have the chance to heal him for extra xp if the area isn't still infested with enemies somewhere. Max rez tool allows for rezzes in hot zones where they might not instantly die again.

Meanwhile the med with max tool level just rezzed 3 other people who didn't die right away. Yours died so you rez him again, 2 rezzes to the max guy's 8 now, you are falling way behind in xp and it will only get worse. That's not even counting how much less in danger he is with the faster rez and longer range meaning he can rez from cover many times.

Not getting your tool to at least 5 and trying to rez people anywhere other than in a base that's now totally in your control makes you a bad medic, and the last rank is very much worth the points.
    • Up x 1
  3. Zentoco

Call it OCD or something else...?! o_O But I've got level 6 on all three of my empire medics. Bringing up multiple allies after a grenade attack to ensure point security and holding off an attack is worth a lot more to me than a 20% rez worth of XP. I can get 3-4 up before that single 20% ally, and be back in the fight myself.

And, get 4x80 XP in ~5 seconds instead of 80 + 40? for one toon in the same time.
  4. Slive Draver

Bad troll is bad.

Seriously, for anyone else reading this thread, level 6 is the way to go. Longer range and faster revive means you'll be exposed less, and the faster revive also improves the number of revives you can do in a given amount of time.

Plus, people appreciate getting rezzed at full health. And you'll have less work to do.
  5. Shasbot

Yep, if I know the name reviving me is a noob, I decline. It's just not worth it.

6. LokiGwayyn

My experience with trying to rezz people from cover and around corners, only to get shot by some clever guy who thought: "Oh theres a medic with his applicator out: No weapon = easy kill" says you are wrong. Cant wait to get level 6 so i can just switch weapons after fast-rezzing a guy and shoot the clever chap trying to kill me in the face. Every second you spend without your gun in your hands is a second you are a helpless and a free kill.
    Also by not certing your applicator ON PURPOSE you are gimping and weakening your team. If your team loses a point because you spent 1 min to rezz 4 people and heal them up to full health you are losing xp you could get from killing enemies AND capping the base instead of losing it and getting slaughtered.
  7. Reis

Yes, take your sweet time healing. More precious seconds for someone to kill you, your target, and the poor guy taking forever to revive you, then the poor guy taking forever to revive him, then the poor guy taking forever to revive him, and far less defenders where they might need to be.

You lose EXP per person. Not EXP over time. Reviving 10 people in 10 seconds is going to net you more points than reviving and healing 1.5 of a person in 10 seconds. Of course, if you are immortal, this doesn't matter as you can keep reviving while everyone is shooting at you right?
  8. Xaina

Alright well have fun spending those few extra seconds reviving one person in the time I've revived six people.
    • Up x 1
  9. Worph

Give me the option to refuse revives from people with lvl1 med-kits, like the OP, already. I usually don't want that revive. Thanks for nothing.
    Got level 5 myself and those were some of the best certs ever spend. Huge advantage to your team.
  10. LameFox

Because I really want to sit around getting xp via slowly healing people rather than getting them off the floor so I can go back to shooting things... 'kay then. o_O
    • Up x 1
  11. Bindlestiff

You are a m o r o n. In the middle of an intense firefight, what is better - reviving 4 or 5 felled teammates with full health so they can quickly help swing the tide, or revive 1 with next to no health so you can both stand there and get killed?

People like you are what is bad about the game. You are playing a support role with no intention of actually being support and instead are a hindrance. Don't get me wrong, I have NO problem with early stage medics reviving - they have to start somewhere and develop - but your mentality is flawed.

I hope the next time you decide to revive someone with your deliberately maintained level 1 medic gun and get boned because of it, a horde of friendly medics ignore you completely causing you to have to respawn. I then hope that spawn is a minimum of 1500m away next to some enemy tank spam.

Good day.
    • Up x 2
  12. Vokker

... many players does not care if it's level 1 or level 6 gun. Simply because they're kill/death ratio will be affected if they do not accept the revive.

Many Medics with Level 1 tools revive me. I honostly DO NOT care if a level 1 or level 6 revives me. At the end of that revive I will say "Thank You", as ALWAYS, and now my team has another gun shooting at the enemy. Even though I might be at 1,2,3 or 10% health. AT LEAST I CAN NOW SHOOT with the team. My shooting weapon counts not ******* like you that would rather spawn away from the action, just cause you did not want a level 1 tool to revive you, trying to get back to it.

Idiots like you costs your team a win.
  13. RobotNixon

+1. You are what we in the Military call a Blue Falcon. Upgrade your medic tool, best thing I've ever done for my medic.
  14. Takoita

Can we have a downvote feature?
  15. Vokker

BTW to those who do not know. Some say that they get revived and die again cause a level 1 medic tool keeps reviving them.

So ask them...
    Why did they die there where the enemy can keep shooting him? Was his own stupidy for not using something like COVER.
    ... and another thing... A level 1 medic tool can also revive 3 people, where a level 6 revive tool will revive 4 in the same amount of time. When these 3 people are revived, they can quickly just move into an area where it is save. And chances are that there are more medics and they will regenerate his life very quickly. Two level 1 medic tools regenerate a player just as fast as level 6 revive tool.
  16. Amador

Maxed out my Medical Applicator and I love it.

The amount of time you spend wasting reviving and healing a single person for the 'cert farm', you could've revived at least three dead friendly soldiers next to you. In heavy combat areas, the Maxed out Medical Applicator gets the job done quick and easy. Even if I could perform a certification reset tomarrow I'd still max out my Medical and Engineer tool again immediately after adjusting my points in other areas.

If you're arguing about the EXP you get from 'milking' the revive and heal feature, imagine the EXP you get reviving teammates in mass. One after another in quick succession, then imagine if it leads to an actual capture of a facility.

Everyone's in a rush to get to BR100 to quit the game. Stop number crunching and just play the game to help your team and better the experience. Because you know what cert farming does? It kills the experience. What happens when the experience is dead? The game dies and no one likes playing on low population servers.

Cert Farming; the gamers cancer to quality and integrity of a server. If you had a conscience, you'd feel guilty. You know who you are.
  17. Bindlestiff

I don't care, within reason. It has nothing to do with K/D (which when you are dead, you are dead anyway regardless if you are revived from what I can see).

I too say thankyou - no problems there

In the rare situations where you survive long enough to get a shot off at 10% health, sure. The argument here is FOR improving the medic gun level so that people get revived with MORE health QUICKER so they can survive longer to get more shots off. You don't seem to see the sense in that.

At what point have I said I want to spawn away from the action? At what point have I said I don't want a level 1 tool to revive me? You are clearly clutching at straws and making **** up, trying to divert focus as your argument to keeping the medic gun at level 1 is so flawed. As my primary role is medic, why the hell would I go AWAY from the action? I'll be among the last ones at a location as ultimately a high performing medic can make or break an assault or a defence. You try keeping a full squad of teammates alive and in the fight with your level 1 gun - it just isn't going to happen.

I can take very little of what you say seriously, as your argument is solely derived from the perceived lack of XP you get from upgrading and a fundamental lack of understanding of the trade off between time to revive with the tool vs healing once revived. In doing what you are doing, you are actually starving yourself of more XP over time and more XP over the duration of a session. But, if that is what you want to do and can't, or won't, accept any form of criticism or advice, carry on and knock yourself out.

Idiots like me with a fully upgraded medic gun are what allow my team to win. Idiots like you are too blind to see simple logic.
    • Up x 1
  18. sauna

Of all the stupid things...

Did you account for the speed and range of which you can resurrect people.
    If you have 10 corpses around you as well as other team medics.
    How much exp do you think you'll get if you:

1) resurrect as many as you can with fully upgraded medic tool.
    or
    2) resurrect and heal each player to full health before resurrecting another one.

Think. With Med Tool 6 I can res people while running past them, I can res people at the other side of doorways, I get ****loads of exp by ressing faster than others and at longer range.

You care about exp, I care about winning fights, taking objectives. My Med Tool gets people into the fight faster AND I get more exp.
    • Up x 2
  19. Bindlestiff

I didn't realise you played 2 medics at the same time. My mistake, forget everything I and everyone else has said as this now negates it all. Oh wait a minute, no it doesn't.

Seriously man, W T F. Even if the above were true, which it isn't, and even if you could guarantee you would always have an extra medic shadowing you, you have two people doing the job that one can do with ease and will have ALREADY moved on to more dead bodies, because they DON'T have to stand around AT ALL to bring them up to full health.

Give up man.
    • Up x 1
  20. Vokker

Not every player wants to get to level 100. Most players do farming to gain access to a better weapon. Level 100 means NOTHING when your charactor still has STOCK weapons. LoL...

@ sauna: You CANNOT run and heal, but you can WALK past and heal. State the facts not fiction. Although, that would've been cool.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.