[Suggestion] Do not give the VS MAX ability that is currently on the Test Server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NUKABAZOOKA, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Jachim

That. More of that. A boost like some crazy *** japanime mech shiz.

I'd totally roll VS for that.
    • Up x 3
  2. Wabbage

They are limited to shotguns, there is alot more than just Biolabs. No one is forcing you into one.
  3. JackOfClubs

It appears you can also cert into travel mode. Check the passives.
  4. BalogDerStout

Not a fan.

I thought I read somewhere that the NC weapons won't be useable while the shield is up. I know a number of old time PS1 vets are also none too happy about the TR 'lockdown' ability either.

Seems to me they should scrap most of these abilities and try something more clever, like an AOE burst that leaves you stunned. Really I think it's time to give the VS max dual lashers already. The MAX role should be infantry suppression, AV and AA, depending on loadout. Note: suppression does not mean mass slaughter.
  5. DrakeAU

What a inane comment. NC Max are incredibly dangerous CQC, so if you dont like it, let NC have biolabs.

I agree, NC Maxxes need a ranged option, but reinforcing their already superior advantage CQC with a shield is insane. But this is to be expected from the faction who didnt think prenerf Phoenixes where OP.
    • Up x 2
  6. Rasp

Also has no one even thought of VS Max with dual bursters and ZOE Module? There will be so many VS Max OP threads because of it.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nepau

Reason people are apposed to it is because it does not fit with how the VS faction traits have been. Manuverability and Adaptability have been a VS standard. Giving the Maxes a Damage over drive (the biggest complaint about the VS AI weapons is their accuracy, not their damage) does not fit.
  8. DrakeAU

I would suggest people understand how SOE works now, and legitimately and preemptively voice their displeasure.
    • Up x 2
  9. DrakeAU

Flying would be OP, also comical with the female maxxes. High-heel jet pack stilettos.
  10. soeguud

Where ranged option is AV cannon? two hits with that thing cant even knock down an infiltrator!
  11. DrakeAU

AV isnt AI. NC need a medium ranged AI weapon for the Max.
  12. VSIngenuity

You know what the ZOE sounds like to me? A worse version of the TR lockdown. Now if it added laser accuracy I could see myself using it, maybe, sometimes.. As it is I wouldn't cert it. I cannot think of a single situation I would use it.
  13. WalrusJones

If you use it enough on the test server, you may be able to convince SOE it needs buffing it ahead of time if you do poorly enough.
  14. Drealgrin

VS always gets the worst of everything.
    They purely lucked out on scythe, the only reason it's a top contender is because it looks cool, Certainly not because because it's good.

Well when SOE finally decides to balance the VS they will actually be vicious opponents, as of now they're pretty much a joke.
    • Up x 1
  15. Gisgo

Guys its a berserker stance, no more no less, why do you all think it sucks?
    As long as the enemy isnt focusing on you its really good, when the enemy is focusing on you... turn it off :rolleyes:
    Very good for AA and AV maxes especially.

What bugs me is that it doesnt fit the VS at all, jumping jets would be better (mobility), they would be OP, but who cares honestly...
  16. Amador

By the way, I think the ZOE Module as described in the Test isn't -that- bad. I'm not sure if you've considered using that ability with Burster cannons. I'm unsure if the ZOE Module in test is a 'toggle ability' as in, you can keep it on or turn it off at your leisure. If that's the case, then I think it's cool. I don't think the ZOE Module should be a 'cooldown' MAX ability because it already has a particular drawback.

Anyways, not all abilities are practical for a singular situation, the "MAX Sprint" ability is all-around useful. When the TR's Anchored mode comes out I know I'll be using it in conjunction with Burster AA. I wouldn't bother using it for indoor use too much because then I'd see the resurgence in the importance of every VS and NC Heavy Assault packing a Decimator indoors.

However, if this still proves to be inadequate for your Empire, then allow me a moment to suggest something as a replacement.

Overcharge Module - Increases damage per shot at the cost of 2x-3x more ammo consumption.
    Overclock Module - Increases rate of fire at the cost of 2x-3x more ammo consumption.
    Precision Module - Increases accuracy at the cost of 2x-3x more ammo consumption.

Or any combination of the other stats. That's if you don't like the 'increased damage' of the ZOE Module. You get the idea. That's all I can say about it for now.
    • Up x 1
  17. f0d

what a horrible ability

as others have said vanu are more about agility and mobility
    we should have had the JUMP JETS.!
    • Up x 1
  18. Dramma Lamma

WOW, this ability sucks......

They need to make the current dash more like the old auto run where it went a long ways and you were locked into it. (make this avalible to all factions)

Then give the VS a dash ability that you get multiple of within a short duration. Making them extremely mobile of the 3.
  19. DJPenguin

It doesn't look terrible at all. AA maxes are going to have a field day with it. AI maxes will need to be more aware of when to use it but like similar working abilities in other games it's something that will give the user a higher skill ceiling to work with and letting a good max wreck. If you're the type that just forwards+Mouse 1 like a TF2 pyro then yeah you're gonna melt. Just don't be bad with it. Still, i don't know if I'd replace any of these 3 abilities over Charge.
  20. Onetoo

The VS should have gotten a short range teleportation (15-20 feet in the direction the Max is moving). This would fit the high mobility/alien-technology theme of the VS and would also be fun/useful.

You could use the teleport to perform either a surprise attack through a wall or potentially make a quick escape if things turned bad. The limitation would be that each teleport performed would fully deplete the 'Charge' bar and the ability wouldn't be available again until the meter had completely refilled.

ZOE Module? DO NOT WANT.

When was the last time you thought to yourself: "Gee, my Max has such HIGH survivability, I could probably afford to take some more damage and I would be just fine".

I guess I shouldn't whine too much until I get the chance to try the ability for myself, but so far I'm a little disappointed. I was really expecting something interesting that would shake up the way people use the VS Max, but instead, this ability just seems like a way to dish out a little more pain when you feel that no one has you in their sights. Hopefully the ability can be toggled on/off and doesn't have to run it's full course before being canceled.
    • Up x 1