[Suggestion] Do not give the VS MAX ability that is currently on the Test Server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NUKABAZOOKA, Apr 9, 2013.

1. LightningWolfTigrBer

Inb4 RadarX closes the thread because it contains PTS content. Heaven forbid we discuss information pertaining directly to gameplay on a far more active section of the forum.
  2. Turdicus

Getting this worked up about something on a test server, especially when A) I don't believe this was actually intended for the public to see and B) 90% of the stuff in that VR is files left over from Alpha and Tech Test, is really silly don't you think? We have no idea if these are files that were created in 15 minutes by an intern 5 months ago, so lets all take a chill pill
  3. ElCreepo

I second this. I don't use my max very often, but when I do, I'd much rather have Berserker mode than a front-facing shield.
  4. Shockwave44

Stop calling this game a sandbox, it's quicksand.
  5. Shockwave44

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The riot shield and lockdown for the MAXes are pulled directly from PS1. The VS MAXes were equipped with limited jump-jets. These jump jets drew power from an onboard MAX Capacitor. Once depleted, the capacitor would recharge.

What the hell is their deal with keeping the TR and NC the same but have to mess with the VS?
    • Up x 2
  6. Joram

I like this 2 ideas a lot and make a lot more sense than a berserker mode.
  7. RachelGomez

How to fix scat maxes? Give them an invincible shield!

GG Higby, your favoritism is showing sir.
  8. Zaik

TR has the only really interesting sounding one atm. also going by the current description, they get the full effect on the first cert and the rest just lets them deploy/undeploy faster, can't decide if that's boring or awesome.

a frontal shield on a class that has to be 3m away from something to kill it is a terrible idea for a game like this imo.

that said, it's hard to make any serious complaints about it until we actually see it. riot shield could be amazing and zealot overdrive whatever could give you a huge damage boost for a tiny defense penalty.

though seriously, real talk? the best part about this is that travel mode is listed as well. finally travel mode! no more spending 10 minutes shuffling my giant blue *** to the next base when the sunderers ignore me.

it's frontal only and has a health pool, going off the description. nice victim complex though
  9. Wobberjockey

1 word

Higby

that is all
  10. Tenhi

1) That is def. the ability we will get. You dont even need to go to the VR Room to see it. Just go to the cert screen on the Test Server. It also has Certcosts attached to it (150/200/400/500/1000) in contrast to 90% of the other "new" stuff.

2) 90% of the stuff that you can see in the VR arent equipable. The only things you CAN equip are Flamethrowers AND the new MAX abilities.

So yeah. Thats like 99% the ability we will get. There are no descriptions for the individual ranks yet. And I have to say I like the ability, its great for AA/AV and can become quite nice for AI if you play coordinated. The only question is if we will insta die to rockets with the ability. IF we insta die to rockets its instantly becomes trash...

Oh and I agree that the ability isnt very "vanulike"... then again a mobility ability would suck if everyone else gets a dmg/armor ability. Its just that the mobility of the MAXs is already quite good. You can strafe/jump/charge already. Its not like the mobility for the MBTs where adding strafe increases your overall survivability by a good %. So going with a steroid ability is IMHO way better.
  11. Krayus_Korianis

You mean, "what is Higby thinking", surely.

I told the NC to prove they don't have massive support from the developers... They still fail to show proof.
  12. Sirisian

Are you trolling, or have you not using Mattocks? They have identical TTK as the mercies at range.

Yeah I agree this is a bit silly. Giving NC a shield is going to make them impossible to kill. We already as MAX don't have a chance. Unless the VS ability makes our damage one hit an NC max we won't be able to compete.
    • Up x 1
  13. Phrygen

you just won the internet. Gratz
  14. Cyridius

Dunno why people are bashing before testing.
    • Up x 1
  15. W0rthy

The overdrive was actually my idea proposed march 16th over in the MAX roadmap thread. It was based on a function that counteracted the NC shield and the TR siege mode/lockdown that they are pondering giving those respectively. Adding jumpjets to MAX like in ps1 will make the other two modes vastly overpowered. So what if you can jumpjet if you can't take down nc and tr maxes in shield/lockdown? You've then effectively screwed the MAX class for the VS. And i think that is why SOE feels they won't be going in the direction of MAX jump jets.

If you wanted jumpjets on the VS you would have to add different abilities on the NC and TR side. Like maybe extended charge range for NC max (goes well with the hacksaw) and extended ROF for TR (mowing down enemies at 20% rof increase for 5 seconds with a hefty cooldown, but more inaccurate). Which could be nifty too.

Another thing that would be really awesome with max would be thermal vision aswell as zoom. It would fit max so well instead of just staring at the two guns.
  16. Schnitzle

let's back up a little here. zealot overdrive engine module!?
    ******* LOL.

who thinks up these absolutely ******** names?
  17. Eyeklops

Jump jets are needed to help the vanu pop, and balance from there.
  18. Nocturnal7x

They should just let them fly. **** it.
  19. Purg

• Up x 1
  20. anaverageguy

Not sure if this was a joke, but the downside is pretty obvious to me; the NC ability is only useful if the MAX is actually being attacked. Just don't attack for a while, wait behind cover, shoot others, and... probably just a normal MAX again.

TR and VS have abilities that allow the operator to capitalize on their personal skill level. Not so with the NC MAX.