Connery/Indar is broken

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goden, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Antivide

I liked the part where there were 666 tags.

(Hint, none of it)
  2. Craeshen

666th abusing the **** out of the lib when it was broken...... I don't need to go on do I. If the tactic has a massive amount of cheese 666th does it. Mass lolpod spam until they were nerfed check mass lib spam until they were nerfed check. hacksaw maxes to camps spawns already camped by vehicles..... over kill much.
  3. Blindfoldedchaos

Connery is west 01 with a new name, we started in the west, and thats our home, AT comes and says hi every so often, we go pay them a visit, and each outfit to their choice of server,
  4. RobotNinja

The 666th went to Connery because Connery is a West Coast server and in case you weren't aware, the 666th is a West Coast outfit, boasting most of it's playerbase in...the West Coast. So crazy as it sounds...they play on the West Coast server.
  5. Pengalor

"you should read the thread before you post."Today we had a joint op with Azure Twilight, where we rolled VS characters on Matherson. It was a ton of fun. A few weeks ago they did a similar event on Connery."

I'm aware of the event, I was there. Still provides no proof of them helping us on Connery.

"all players are reported threw the proper channels,wont make hackusations on the forums . you really think out of the 1000s of players in 666 and ccg there are 0 hackers?
    your either blind, or stupid"

I never said there were zero but I don't believe I've ever seen a video showing a 666th member hacking. For all these accusations you would think someone would have filmed it or have some kind of proof. Without proof your accusations are indeed baseless, whether you like it or not. Finally, maybe this one is against the COC (apologies if it is) but I don't believe you can call other people stupid with so many misspellings.
  6. Onetoo

Sounds like you have a good group of people. Do you run public squads? I'll have to join up with you guys on my NC character some time.
  7. Garlock01

There are a few people that run Pub squads and there will be a lot more in the future. Not only will you run with us, you will be actively taking part on the operation... I am really looking forward to seeing more of this.

Also to Goden (the OP of this thread)... saw you lone wolfing at NS Secure Data lab and I almost got you by flying over you...close but no cigar... that was really good shooting by the way... but I got ya as I re spawned and got on top of the point and you peeked... good times. (Some advice: Artic Camo is a bad choice for that area)

I am liking how this thread stared out a bashing and cooler heads prevailed. I am glad the trolls were starved out of this thread and we are actually getting in to a good discussion.
    • Up x 1
  8. Takoita

North warpgate is superior? What are you people smoking? SW on Indar is hands down the most defensible.
  9. Bacheezi

I really REALLY don't understand the 666th hate, or the "the 666th are just zergs". Anyone who calls us a zerg needs to seriously look at how other, smaller, outfits operate in this game, and look at how the game requires players to act on the battlefield. Do you seriously expect our outfit of thousands to work in 12 man groups all over the 3 continents?

People may like trolling the 666th, and that's fine as this is the internet and it is to be expected. However, this response is to those people who actually believe what they are saying, and truly hate on the 666th for what ever reason.

What people need to understand about the 666th is we aren't some, fps clan where we take our scores and K/Ds seriously on a competitive level. That's not to say we don't get our jobs done, look at the OP. That's called getting things done, and it doesn't matter that we don't care about our K/Ds, we care about completing our objectives and most importantly -- having fun. I've never seen a more closely connected community were no one is a completely dick.

I'm sure some people on Connery hate us because we kicked you out of our vehicles to make room for another squad member, for that I am truly sorry but how can you blame us. Other than that, from where I'm sitting there is no reason for there to be as much hate for the 666th as there is.

But it is what it is, 666th will still keep getting results and killing the TR/VS on Connery.
  10. MangoPunch

I'd say Arc Bioengineering makes the SW easily defensible, but the north warpgate allows you to hold more territory more often.
  11. tomahawk72

Either way call us a zerg or not we have fun doing what we do best... Shooting VS and TR. Since I started playing with the devil dogs I been getting a better combat expierence as well as some leadership expierence leading squads and there is always something new to challenge us.

I have to say good fight tonight Connery TR I never had that much fun squad leading and defending Dahaka
    • Up x 1
  12. Zeekez

The thing is, to "boots on the ground" it will look like a zerg "Oh **** a bunch of 666 rolling in, obviously a zerg", redeploy to another area "Oh **** a bunch of 666 rolling in - another zerg!" Redeploy to another hotspot "Oh **** a bunch of 666, another zerg!"

Unless you look at the overall tactical picture, then of course you will think it's a zerg. A zerg is a bunch of people all grouped up and pushing one area, usually with no regard towards any tactical advantage, as a simple foot soldier it is very easy to mistake the "main effort" of an offensive with a zerg. Once you zoom out and take in the entire tactical picture, you'll notice the main "zerg" [ie, the main effort] going for a certain area while other units are capping the adjacent territories, this is called tactics, sometimes the enemy will notice this and counter with a heavy amount of troops, this is called "defense" but idiots on the ground will just see it as a "counter-zerg" even though they are retaliating on several fronts at once.

What do the non-outfit people see? A bunch of people fighting at an amp station so they'll just spawn there and die over and over not even knowing what they overall battleplan is, so to them, it is in fact just a zerg/meatgrinder.

Instead of just crying "Zerg!" at every major push, try to acknowledge the different assets that are coordinated in the push
    • Up x 3
  13. BadLizzard

When the TR had the North WG, they constantly warpgated the VS. Now the NC have the North and they are warpgating the TR. The South West base seems easier to defend but it seems neither the TR nor the NC have trouble pushing it.

VS sadly, always outnumbered, but you know what we have a nice constant bonus between 5% and up to 12%. Indar is fun to fight and on Saturday during the day the NC almost took all of Indar, but we threw everyone we had against them and stopped them from getting the cap.

Weird thing is, I was there when the continent went neutral, TR was not warpgated at the time and had 3 or 4 territories that were connected, and then it just flipped to neutral, not sure why it happened.

In regards to 666, they aren't so bad, the thing that kind of bugs me about them is when they do a 80 unit Max crash onto a base that has 20 VS defending it, then make silly comments about how awesome they are. They crack eggs with sledgehammers to make omelets. Brute force does not equal skill, more power to ya for having a huge army that you can command to do what you want them to do. (in part I am Jealous, being VS on Connery, I can only pray that some day our population gets there)

I hope that one day we get actual population numbers instead of percentages, I would love to know the real counts.
  14. DarkestMan

generally the only time you see that happening is during our "******* around" time before ops start. We've done random things such as, when we held the SW WG, having the entire outfit pull maxes and just running from that warpgate to that base above Suarva for the hell of it. Most of the time we just do a steel rain on the crown or a major base to quickly take it. Recently we've been doing those max crash steel rains to start off saturday ops as well.

Essentially how it works is that we do a rally every saturday before ops begin. While there Evilpig takes command and we do one or two stupid things like that, then get back to normal business.
  15. BiggLou55

Wow.... What's with all of the hate? I am reminded of a bit from my favorite comedian George Carlin (RIP)...

The routine goes into quite a bit more detail, but the above quote pretty much sums it all up... That is what we have here, and all of the other threads like this one. Your outfit is "Stuff" and other outfits are "S**t". Are the Devil Dogs the best outfit on Connery? TBH, I really don't care... All I know is it's the best outfit for ME!!

As a Devil Dog, I know we are coordinated... We have platoons working together almost 24/7 and do our best to stay together. Large numbers of players not in your outfit or on the other side, will appear as a Zerg. I actually don't like the term "zerg" because it is used as a broad negative stroke to rather simply describe large numbers of players moving together. What I can tell you is that the 666th is coordinated, and we have a BLAST together as an Outfit... Since this is a game, that is what it is all about..

As a Devil Dog officer, I know we actively enforce our CoC (if you are curious, read it here: http://www.planetside-devildogs.com/tutorials-mainmenu-48/code-of-conduct). Since this is a game, we have also have to watch and not take ourselves too seriously. Fun for our members is our #1 priority. Will there be some that take that a little too far and cross the line? Sure, but we are usually able to head that off and reign it in.

Unfortunately, there is no way to explain what it is like to be a Devil Dog unless you join up and run with us. We have open doors and will accept most everyone 18 and older that applies, and we'd love to have you! If you do not, we'll still love you either as allies or adversaries. As Devil Dogs, will have fun with this game regardless of the hate!
    • Up x 2
  16. 13lackCats

Tattleside 2

As a Connery TR, I can say 666 Unit is a LOT of fun to play against.

Could we use more TR? Yeah, maybe. Will we attract more TR by tattling and being victims? probably not.
    • Up x 1
  17. ent|ty

NC work together, what more can I say.
    TR do not, and can only function in Zergs.
    No ammo, no MAX repair, no heals, no communication, no teamwork, no sane tactics.

Being in an outfit, or playing with one changes nothing;

OP4: Only zerg tactics, no teamwork, people don't go to squad or platoon points, no repairs, no ammo, no communication
    HFA: Only zerg tactics, no teamwork, people don't go to squad or platoon points, no repairs, no ammo, no communication
    EP: Only zerg tactics, no teamwork, people don't go to squad or platoon points, no repairs, no ammo, no communication

Most commonly, TR will be dead set on capturing/keeping a biolab, tech plant, or w/e - all the while being cut off from surrounding hexes and having the enemy near warp-gate while doing so. Madness.
  18. Peebuddy

So that whole bit about the Tr holding Indar cont benefit for weeks at a time was what, before you came to the server? And right after the WG switch was the same moment all of Tr command decided to collapse? It's the norther warpgate benefit, easy to defend and provides at least a 10% pop bonus from the 4th empire.

As for the hate 666 is getting, if every single person you kill and every time you die is from someone in 666 well then of course you're going to be hated. Your size means you're the Nc mascot on Connery, mascots take the heat. It's why fraternities keep trying to take the other teams mascot before game day.

I will you guys do seem pretty organized, your ability to jump from biolab to the crown to another biolab is amazing. Must be that sweet sweet scattermax farm. I hardly get to dogfight with any competent 666ers
  19. whitupiggu

I guess the day TR capped indar must have just been a zerg the likes of which has never been seen before on auraxis.
  20. ent|ty

I just report what I've observed. Doesn't mean it excludes them from ever being successful.