Can I get a answer for the PS4 version? it less then 6 months give me something

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bape, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Dominator589

Yes, being on both sides of the picture has given me a perspective that shows the strengths and weaknesses of both a console and a PC.
  2. St NickelStew

I wonder why the PC gaming community does not respect testimony such as this. Some of the people that have literally grown up playing with a controller are remarkably good with it.
  3. Dominator589

And yet people attack us for speaking our mind
  4. Hoki

Don't worry, its gonna go viral any day now.
  5. Sebastien

It's not bait.
    There's three kinds of posts. Intelligent posts, idiots that post what they think is right, and then bait that is clearly bait.
    This is not bait, this guy thinks he's right, and the thread isn't controversial enough to get people riled up.
  6. Ownasaurusrex

While looking up Destiny pvp info, I finally saw my first planetside 2 ad. The same ad about getting a free ns-11p. Made me proud to see SOE start advertising to get new players in. I've run into a couple new players this past week. Good progress SOE.
  7. Wecomeinpeace

I really doubt that PS2 will become a huge thing on the PS4.

I could write a whole paper about why that is, but the jist of it is "this doesn't work on console, especially not the way you are doing it".

And the controller vs. mouse debate...yeah...all i can say is you probably can become really, really good playing with an atari joystick too if you play long enough. But that doesn't make an atari joystick the best choice for a FPS.

Edit: Since this is the internet, mind you that both my arguments are not "against" PS2 on PS4 or joypads. Maybe PS2 surprises me and hits a sweet spot. And maybe controllers work better for you, hypothetical reader of my post.
  8. TheReaperKing82

I don't get what all the PC Vs Console hate is about. Do you know why I got into PS2? It's because I used to play MAG on the PS3 and I absolutely loved that game. The scale of the battles was unlike anything else and they were only 128 vs 128. That's what attracted me to this game after MAG died. My friend told me about a game called Planetside 2 which was coming out and was going to have bigger battles than MAG. I found out it was going to be on the PC only so I went out and got a gaming rig just to play this game..... It coming out on the PS4 and being free, it is going to build up a huge community fast and I think once people get used to the scale of the battles, no COD or BF game is going to cut it anymore.
  9. TechMechMeds

PC gaming since 1997 here....

There are currently at least 200 million people who have an active psn account, all using the same hardware pretty much with at least 7 million on the ps4.

Within a year, the ps4 will be much cheaper and them numbers will rise and within two years, a hell of a lot of those 200 million psn users will have upgraded to the ps4.....as has happened with every single console ever, that's non debatable and eventually every single one of them players will have a ps4, even the broke people eventually.

Planetside 2 will be advertised by default on every single ps4's home screen to every single player.

Furthermore, if you cant see that this was one very elaborate beta until sony could create a decent system that is capable of running the game then you are a fool. They will keep the pc version running for sure, im just saying.

This is not my first rodeo and certainly wont be the last lol.

This game will be the best large scale fps game that has EVER been on the console, ever. It will be the best thing since sliced bread for millions.

Like i said, i have been pc gaming since 1997 and as much as it pains me to say it, console has caught up now which any informed gamer would have seen coming from years back.

Everyone has the same hardware, so development is much easier and smoother with less bugs and glitches and no slight advantages from paying for new hardware on your rig.

Now, steam seems to peak at around 12k players for ps2 and its advertised there, so using steam which has millions as a reference is actually bad and furthers the fact that bugger all people really play the game. Take a look in game as well, only one server has a high population when i look and the rest are low-medium. 2000 players can join a server, that means ladies and gentlemen, that hardly any people compared to what you'd like actually play the game and how many of those players are smurfs?.

I wont revisit this thread, people will always object against reality.

you will eat your hat when it hits off on the ps4 and when eventually, millions will be playing it.

Sony will be needing more servers eventually as well and it is a highly anticipated game.

Thank you.
  10. void666

For you. For me there's no point playing the ps4 version ever if i can't at least have my SC stuff.
  11. Shadowtrail

I've been a PC gamer for awhile myself and I still think the PS4 is going to be more populated even after the games been out awhile. I would love to switch to have way more people to play with but I've spent to much time and money on the PC version that I most likely will not switch. If they let all of our guns, camo, and stuff we unlocked with SC carry over then I will be tempted to switch.
  12. Ownasaurusrex

I wonder which factions ESF will be more forgiving to pilot on the ps4 controller
  13. OldCuban

As a solely PC gamer I have a few questions for the console gamers:

1) Are console gamers used to paying for subscriptions?

2) Are console gamers used to paying for in game items and/or weaponry?

Regardless of how large the PS4's gamer base is, what it all comes down to is whether or not those gamers are used to PAYING the above in order to play a game to it's full potential.

I ask simply because, as an employee of a company that sells the PS4 and it's games, I don't see many ( if any ) people buying and/or spending real money on in game items on consoles. They usually just buy the game itself outright ( usually around $60 ), and then play the game. The only game cards I see people buying at all are all for online PC or Tablet titles.

My point is simple, if only a very small percentage of the PS4's player base actually invests into the game with real $$$, then how could the PS4 release actually benefit the PC version?

We can all argue about either side argument all we want. The truth will be in the revenue numbers generated post release. I for one sincerely hope they don't release it as a free download. They should at least make players make some kind of initial investment in order to play the game. Imho anyway.
  14. Andy79

Not sure why anyone would be negative about PS2 on PS4

Are there any cheaters on the PS4 ? I'd guess its a bit more difficult and the consequences harsher.
    Everyone has the same hardware - bugs are easier to fix, and the performance is easier to tune for best results.

PS2 has improved alot since release, so people new to the game have more positive first impressions than maybe PC users had back in the day.

I wonder if project morpheus will support Planetside some day.
  15. fitzavig

The PS4 will have fewer cheaters too. PC "master race" always has an abundance of those to the point I consider it a serious downside when comparing the two platforms. That alone is reason to put up with a controller.
  16. Fugly

Learning that the switch to PS4 means losing all my station cash purchases has me quite angry. It isn't exactly a lot of work to setup the linking of external accounts to PSN. Steam, battle.net, bungie.net, etc, all do it. There is also the option to have all SC purchase history exported for each customer and converted to unlock codes for the PS4 version.

What we're hearing from Sony is that it can't be done because they are separate systems and separate accounts. Well, it is a choice to not setup an interface for the data/progress/purchases to transfer. The most loyal customers are the ones hurt worst by this poor decision. SOE, please reconsider. At the very least we would be provided with discounts for items which were purchased on the PC version.