Can I get a answer for the PS4 version? it less then 6 months give me something

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bape, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Bape

CHECKMATE you are spot on.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dominator589

It's amazing how we're finally seeing more and more people on our side Bape
    • Up x 1
  3. Konstantinn

They should at least transfer bought cosmetics from PC version. Simple logic being PS4 players will see them equipped, might think they look cool and want to buy them too. Cosmetics give no gameplay advantages. I'm talking about all the decals, camos, helmets, vehicle cosmetics, armor cosmetics. Weapons would be a nice gesture as well, by SOE logic all of them are sidegrades and offer more variety rather than straight advantage.

I've read that there are 15 million add in boards (graphics cards) manufactured and shipped every quarter by amd/nvidia combined. That's 60 million every year. They don't manufacture old boards. Pretty much every new dedicated (discrete) graphics card manufactured in last 2 years or so is capable of playing Planetside2. Keep that in mind when counting PC vs Console population.

Overall though I agree that PS4 population will be larger than existing PC population of Planetside2 players. At least at launch. Not sure how many will get invested in the game long term. Very hard to predict, too many factors at play. I personally would never try the console version.

Some people disagreed with me in other forum posts, but I believe that consoles are a drastically different play setting meant to be played on a couch with a friend in a living room, vs PC isolated in a bedroom/office/basement playing by yourself. Planetside2 game is more suited for uninterrupted play in an isolated environment. It's just not one of those games that is fun to sit and watch someone play, there is no split screen, requires undivided attention to communicate with people in game, it demands continuity (as in you can't press pause button or just walk away randomly too often), particularly from outfit leaders/platoon leaders/squad leaders. Without your outfit/platoon/squad leaders that can devote to the game during their play session this game just isn't nearly as much fun.
    • Up x 2
  4. Dominator589

Yeah it's such a shame that we can't even transfer SC purchases.
    • Up x 2
  5. LordMatt XLVIII

Seriously doubt that. I spent approx. $700 building a pc that runs 60, 45-30 in big battles. That's like 2 PS4's.
    • Up x 1
  6. LordMatt XLVIII

The real problem here is legal stuff and business complications over transferring all that, not to mention the very small amount of PC players who are actually going to fully go PS4 when it cmes out. Personally, I think it'll be a refreshing experience to go out there with nothing but my stock Trac-5 and have the whole BR1 experience all over again.
  7. LordMatt XLVIII

Glad to have you with us! I can totally understand the sentiment you have there, I bought my pc parts but had to have my dad put it together and make it work because I had no idea what I was doing. I think it's rather short-sighted of pc players to look down on console gamers for assumed reasons and a genera lack of perspective. Personally I play on both PS4 and PC and while I do prefer PC, that's mostly because I can do things with it other than gaming, in terms of games themselves, the only thing PC has an edge on in terms of games is graphics, and that's HARDLY the majority of what makes a game good.

I think a lot of the hate being thrown at PS4 players is due to the fact that they're less likely to participate in online forums or discussions about the game, as when you play PC, the forums are just a few clicks away.
  8. Dominator589

But should that be an excuse? I believe that the Devs should give us our own section of the forums like Crysis 3 did. Crysis 3 is a famous game for it's graphics and I played it on console and it ran very well! We had our own section in the forums and the community was VERY active on it...even though C3 had a much smaller player base on both the PC and the console, both sides were still very active on the forums.
    SOE, just give us the ability to do these things and we'll be happy
  9. Bape

They probably will when they announce the release date.
  10. Phyr

You three enjoy the circle jerk, I'll be over here in the land of realistic expectations and reality.
    • Up x 1
  11. Bape

HELP! HELP! PC MASTER RACE! PC MASTER RACE!

lol also it not just 3 there are more that are agreeing with me. You just gotta face it PS2 will dominate in the PS4 and you all can get more content EVERYONE WINS!.
  12. Dominator589

Wow Phyr, that's breaking the forum's code of conduct. You shouldn't be attacking and insulting us like that.
    • Up x 1
  13. novicez

It's funny when someone is claiming he is being flamed by pc players yet is the one stoking the coals. Guess what? we don't care.
  14. Bape

Obviously you do since you on this thread. :rolleyes:
  15. Zamfwo

SquareEnix can pull off joined servers between PC and PS3 but SOE.....child of Sony...Creator of the PS4....can't do it.....

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  16. andy_m

Not "can't," "won't"

Has no one mentioned XIM here yet?
  17. Strummer

The E3 PS4 demo had cross play going on, so they can do it. After lurking in these forums for over a year and seeing what a negative community this is I'm glad PS4's will be segregated.
  18. Bush82

what a load of bullsh1t. i bought a ps4 just to play planetside after one of the devs said our purchases WILL carry over.i think it was Higby himself that said we will be able to play on both with the same account.

now they're saying it wont? man this better not be true. i'l sell the playstation and never spend another euro on this game if that's the case.
  19. Bush82

what about our purchases? our accounts? will they carry over? if not, then you guys shouldn't have said they would a while back.
  20. andy_m

Why?