Can I get a answer for the PS4 version? it less then 6 months give me something

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bape, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Bape

Did I say every PS4 player? I said PS4 WILL have a higher player base then the PC version for planetside 2. Planetside 2 for PC had 30k+ at launch because they poorly advertise it and people couldn't run the game. Planetside 2 for PS4 will be easily seen on the PS store compared to steam or a mmo site and all ps4 can run the game.
  2. WolfA4

Official numbers from PS4 is at 7 million. Regardless, you are proud that there are as many people in the world who own a PS4 as there are people online on steam at a given time.
    • Up x 1
  3. Bape

You clearly aren't understanding this let me make it easier for you.

Those 7 million ps4 owner all have the same hardware and can play the same games
    Those 8 million steam owner DO NOT HAVE the same hardware and some can not run certain games.

Steam has THOUSANDS of games and F2P games
    PS4 Store has under 100 games including 3 f2p games.
    • Up x 1
  4. WolfA4

You don't need to have the same hardware to run a PC game, otherwise no one would be able to play any games. Having the same hardware on a platform makes it easier for developers to optimize for it, but it doesn't make it perform miracles. Just because a console has a standard set of hardware doesn't mean you're going to see the latest iteration of COD on a Playstation 2.

Further more, there's a good chance that in any give day there will be more people online on steam that can run EVERY SINGLE GAME than there will be owners of a PS4.

Steam does have a massive library of games, but do you know what? Outside of steam there are literally hundreds of millions of PCs in the world, and a large amount of them are capable gaming. In fact there are orders of magnitudes more game capable PC's in the world then there are PS4 XBONE and WIIU owners combined.
  5. Bape

You know what im not gonna have an argument over something stupid.

Ok let make a bet and you can quote me on this if Planetside 2 for the PS4 DOES not PASS the PC version launch numbers which was 35k you have every right to troll me or put me on blast.

Don't understand why you want the PS4 version to fail? It what gonna make more content come to the game so im surprised you aren't hoping for a high player base.
  6. Bape

Hopefully this thread get locked I pmed RadarX I do not like to argue over dumb things.
  7. WolfA4

If anything the PS4 pop will be larger solely because of the last patch put on the PTS today will likely cause the bulk of PC PS2 players to abandon ship.

I don't want the PS4 version to fail, I just want you to acknowledge the truth. You were, on multiple occasions, touting the PS4 install base without acknowledging that not everyone on the system will want to play PS2, you were also being deliberately misleading when posting their install bases.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bape

That not what I was saying and forgive me If I was. What im saying is the PS4 currently do not have that much games so that why I was saying the player base will be higher it because they don't have enough games.

Also you guys keep saying PC community Im referring to the planetside community.
  9. Strummer

I'll guarantee you right now that the PS4 version of Planetside 2 will, at least briefly, have more people playing it than the PC version currently does. Having said that, I expect most of them won't play it for long because it's not easy to get into like Call of Duty *dry heave* is. Talking about total PS4s sold, total PCs in the world, and number of steam accounts is a meaningless deflection.
  10. Bape

At least someone finally understands.
  11. Bankrotas

LoL community shows otherwise...
  12. Bape

lol
  13. Raka Maru

I've been a Planetside player since PS1, then PS2 beta until now.

I bought the PS4 console knowning that PS2 will be released on it someday. Unfortunately now I know our purchases will not transfer, and I've spent about ~$500 on this game already. *SHAAAMMMME* SOE!!!

What's gonna happen when it comes out? Those with PS4's will create new characters, buy station cash, and start over at BR1 which is ok if that's how it is going to be. Will I cut my monthly subscription? Maybe... I'll still be able to come back if I miss my mouse/keyboard.

Hossin runs at 15 fps for me right now, I'm hoping that playing PS2 on PS4 will be like running in full ultra mode, and that will make it a better play session for me. I already know my way around, just have to get used to the console controls.

After PS2 launch on PS4, the pops on the PC version servers will probably take a big hit.
    • Up x 1
  14. Chipay

Yeah, but the PS4 is getting better graphics, that's a major selling point imo
  15. doombro

It's not. It's just running on the highest settings by default. According to TRay "nobody runs on ultra therefore the PS4's graphics are better"
    • Up x 2
  16. Zar

i doubt it will be in the millions id bet my $3000 rig on it
  17. NCDaniel

This is what I was afraid of. I guess starting over is not a bad idea on a console. I'm really going to miss my guns.
  18. MichaelS

Hmm, he is right. There will be more players. Simply because PS4 has only like 10 games to play :) in the last 6 month while on PC you have that easy every month.
    But on topic. It's a free to play game on ps4, so you need to pay them around 30€ in average to pay tier expenses. You don't when you bring all your valuables to that game.

And of cause its a total different legal devision, so there may be difficulties to just transfer an equivalent of cash there.
  19. Regpuppy

It's not really that simple. PSN =/= SOE. They both have the same parent company, but they are different entities in their own right. PSN handles all the games on their platform and SOE has to go through them if it wants its game on said platform.

There's also the tech side of things, since the PS4 and PC versions likely will be on different builds more often than not. It'd likely be different to offer seamless transfer for the two if the PC version has things the PS4 version does not.
  20. Bape

But how? PS4 community is completely different from the PC community. Yes I think saying a million is skeptical but you never know until it releases. To be honest I really believe it will be 200k-500k but anything lower I bet my $2000 rig computer that it won't happen.