BUG: Game Update 1 - Mic Problem

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by lilbabygiraffelegs, Dec 13, 2012.

1. isimon

Changing the name in the .ini files does not fix.
  2. NovaAustralis

So I played PS2 tonight for a while, being the start of a long weekend.
    Got a squad together, slowly grew it as Outfit members came online, were invited and joined in.
    We ended up with a good size platoon.
    We started to make progress on Amerish against a determined, and frankly, pretty good TR resistance.
    Four hours later, we are waiting for the last hex to cap and see Amerish back in NC hands...
    when my comms go dead.

SOE, CAN YOU UNDERSTAND JUST HOW FRUSTRATING THIS IS ?!

The reward for a platoon commander is to be able to congratulate their people on a job well done.
    I was robbed of that tonight.

IT IS NEARLY GAME BREAKING TO NOT BE ABLE TO HEAR OR SPEAK TO MY TEAM.

YOU NEED TO FIX THIS A.S.A.P!
  3. BenYeeHua

Did you try default input device?
  4. NovaAustralis

Mate, I have tried everything.
    (Even though I shouldn't have to...)
    I've tried pretty much every combo of settings in-game and in the UserOptions.ini file.
    I guarantee this is a programming issue in the game code.
    It's not a hardware problem.
  5. BenYeeHua

I hear that they has some problem on the sound card driver, try update it.
  6. Aryndar

I have the same problem. I can hear, but cannot talk. The test seems to work fine (vu shows level) and my mic/headset works for everything else. Vent, Skype etc.

Has tech support responded to any of the many threads like this one? I haven't been able to find a moderator / dev response.
    • Up x 1
  7. Aryndar

8. PrimalPhantom

I'm having the same problem and I also can't hear my squad voice chat. My mic works fine out of the game. SOE please fix this soon.
    • Up x 1
  9. Aryndar

10. Aryndar

Could we get a mod/dev response on this? Maybe even just a "we're looking into it?" PS2 is a great game, but it's crippled for me without voice com
    • Up x 1
  11. Zan_Aus

Same problem here, I can hear fine (well, relatively speaking, the VOIP quality is terrible) but can't speak. When I test the mic I get the same 0.1s pop of sound then nothing. Tried every setting I can think of.
    • Up x 1
  12. NovaAustralis

bumping, still an issue
  13. gamma6

Although there is nothing about this in the change log, I'm really hoping Game Update 2 finally fixes this bug.
  14. Deschain

Same issue also, mic test and setup in W7-software-game works fine, but once i press to talk nobody can hear me. Mic works fine in al other games/ts/ventrillo/mumble.
  15. Aryndar

Not sure if this will help anyone, but after waiting for a response on this issue for a few weeks, I tried something on a hunch, and it worked. This is not an ideal solution mind you, but may shed some light on the cause for the devs. I bought a new headset. The difference between my old and new headset? Old had dual 1/8" jacks and new is USB. New works with PS2. Old doesn't (but does function fine for anything else, Vent, Skype etc.) Certainly we shouldn't have to buy a new headset just to play PS2, but it seems to have worked for me. Good luck.
  16. BenYeeHua

So it means some problem with the driver?
    And did the sampling setting of the recording changed as you switch to USB one?
  17. NovaAustralis

That's great and all, but my headset is, and always was, USB...
  18. BenYeeHua

What record sampling did you/windows has set?
  19. Aryndar

2 channel, 16 bit, 48khz
  20. BenYeeHua

Tried 44100hz?
  21. NovaAustralis

Tried both.
    Was 48000 hz when I started, then changed to 41100 hz for a long while, now back to 48000 hz, no effect noticed.