BUG: Game Update 1 - Mic Problem

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by lilbabygiraffelegs, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Phonk99

Same issue here. Works on everything except PS2. Tried every fix. Please help!
  2. Zoner

After messing with firewall and everything else I have determined the VOIP in game does work, it is the loopback/recording test that is broken. It only plays the first 0.1 seconds or so of the recording it makes.

In game its fine for some reason (though you have to find a buddy to test it with to prove it all works and the audio levels are properly set)
  3. teehachse

OK played around with this for ages last night trying to get it to work.... I've got it so I can hear people now but they can't hear me. My mic works fine everywhere else (mumble, windows etc) and I also didn't have any problems until the game update that added extra voice menu options / controls a couple weeks or so ago.

The way I got it to work hearing other people was to:

1) Go into settings, untick enable voice
    2) Click Logout straight away (DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING ELSE SUCH AS BACK TO GAME)
    3) reopen the game
    4) go back into the game settings and reenable voice

I had to do the exact sequence above or it just wouldn't work.

I could then hear people but my mic doesn't work still.

I noticed if you untick 'enable voice' the record / playback test works perfectly.

Bit happier I can now at least hear squad / platoon leaders orders ;)

FYI I have a Logitech H800 Wireless headset (using the receiver not bluetooth)
  4. OurHouse

Working again.

As a follow up to my replies in this thread, I did reinstall the game on Thursday evening. I removed as much of the SOE material as I could find before reinstalling. Through "add remove programs" in the control panel the uninstall wasn't very clean.

After reinstall and reconfiguration in the various VOIP setup panels, my voice transmission is heard by teammates in all channels. The record/playback function does not work. Volumes seem to work properly in VOIP setup panels.

My configuration that is preferred, and successful now, is as follows:

1) Game sounds play through Bose USB Audio (my default sound device)
    2) Mic plays through Plantronics BT300 input (my default microphone)
    3) VOIP plays through Plantronics BT300 receiver (my default comm device)
    4) I disabled every other sound device, after Planetside voip was confirmed to work.
    5) There were no other adjustments than default device settings that I had to make to my sound devices.
  5. DeltaRise

Same thing just happened to me just now.
    I tried toggling VOIP while logging in and out but it didn't have any effect.
    I can hear myself through my mic in windows, so I know the mic is working. In game, the blue bar next to 'test' shows activity but nothing is recorded except for 0.5 seconds. It has a red error message saying 'Microphone is disconnected' when the microphone is chosen in the list of input devices.
  6. DeltaRise

Yeah nevermind. Everyone can hear me fine.
    People just didn't respond when I asked them if they could hear me :/
  7. NullPointer

I have this same issue and so far none of the "fixes" in this forum do anything for me. Plantronics headset. Works fine everywhere else just not in this game. Add this as yet another bug that will take ages to fix, if ever. :(
  8. Liquidrider

It something to do with "Enable Voice" when I unchecked and check it repeatedly it works at random when doing a recording test. Hopefully someone from SOE reads this
  9. Ehsun

I can hear all in game sounds perfectly fine, except now when people try to talk to me in Platoon and Squad I cant hear anything. The strange thing is that I can hear proximity chat sometimes, and people can hear my voice all the time. Please reply to this forum I am seeing a number of issues related to this, I would like to know atleast that you guys are working on fixing this : )
    • Up x 1
  10. AngeloBurton

Update on my personal situation: Voice is working again!

How did I fix it? I have not the slightest idea. I haven't changed anything Soft- or Hardware wise and since yesterday I can be heard in-game again apparently. There was a Windows Update though :confused:
  11. Dooms

Having the same issue. Windows 7(64) with a Logitech Headset. Even swapping out to a regular microphone doesnt work. Test's fine but playback only get a brief blip and noone can here me when i try transmitting.
  12. air4Christ

I'm having the same problem. Using Logitech G330
  13. NovaAustralis

14. NovaAustralis

bumping...

Now that I'm back at work I can only play PS2 for a couple of hrs at night.
    When I spend 25-50% of that time without being able to hear or send voice chat, I wonder why I bother.
    This is not an issue with my hardware.
    This is an issue with the game.

One of the major appealing aspects of PS2 is that it's a MMOFPS.
    If I can't talk to or hear the other players, I may as well go play a single-player campaign in another FPS.

Please fix this ASAP SOE!

SOE sound designers / sound technicians:
    Can you please let us know you have seen this? that you are aware of this issue?
    Even a terse "we're working on it" or "get stuffed" from a SOE rep would be better than absolutely nothing...
    • Up x 1
  15. isimon

SOE please...
  16. iNuc

First of all: Voice test doesn't work. Check your microphone in Windows' tools.

1. Open UserOptions.ini in your main PS2 folder
    2. Search for [Voice] or something like that
    3. Make sure every variable with a chat name in it (like squadsomething, outfitsomething, proximitysomething) is set to 1.

I'm sorry it isn't detailed, but I don't have Planetside 2 installed on this computer.
  17. NovaAustralis

This is what my UserOptions.ini (voice relevant part) looks like:
    [VoiceChat]
    EchoEnabled=1
    EchoVolume=0.500000
    ProximityEnabled=1
    ProximityVolume=0.410000
    FactionEnabled=1
    FactionVolume=0.500000
    GroupEnabled=1
    GroupVolume=0.400000
    GroupLeaderEnabled=1
    GroupLeaderVolume=0.400000
    RaidEnabled=1
    RaidVolume=0.400000
    GuildEnabled=1
    GuildVolume=0.360000
    CustomEnabled=1
    CustomVolume=0.500000
    InputDevice=Headset Microphone (Microsoft L
    OutputDevice=Speakers (VIA High Definition Audio)

[Voice]
    ReceiveVolume=75.000000
    MicrophoneVolume=56.000000
    Enable=1
    Ducking=0.400000

This is not a problem at my end.
    It is a problem at the games end.
    Read this thread and others, I'm not the only one...
  18. BenYeeHua

This is the problem.
    Headset Microphone (Microsoft L
  19. NovaAustralis

How is that a problem?

Do I have to spell it out to the UserOptions.ini file?
    I.e: "Microsoft Lifechat LX3000"
    (I figured the .ini file just had a character limit on that line.)

Furthermore, if my mic doesn't work / or get recognised, fair enough, I'd expect not to be able to transmit.
    But why then can't I hear other people's voice transmissions, when my output is my speakers???
  20. BenYeeHua

Ya, I think this is the problem.
    Did you try default?