BUG: Game Update 1 - Mic Problem

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by lilbabygiraffelegs, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Nirual

Same mic, same problem
  2. AdZc

I have a Creative headset (normal 3.5mm jack for sound and mic).

Same for me, do the test it registers sound, do the record, the first 0.5 seconds then nothing. Changing device has no effect.

All other apps they work fine, i have tried leaving my Teamspeak off when playing planetside but no effect.

Bloody annoying, like a lot have said, this seems more a bug than anything as the test is picking up the mics sound.
  3. Howdooyoodoo

I have same issue, my microphone on my Plantronics Gamecom 7.1 virtual surround headphones, wont work now. It records about a quarter sec of recording but cuts out. I saw online that if you spam the enable voice button on and off, (button is up top in voice menu) while you are recording, that you can hear your voice, and I tried it and its true. So its a similar issue we all having, connected to a problem with one of the patches or hotfixes..
  4. NexusJnr

Same problem here. Tried Razer Carcharias and a cheap logitec USB mic - neither work.
  5. CombatLouie

Yep. same here. One thing I've noticed is that I can select my input method "Realtek HD audio input" and then the "unknown error detected" message disappears. But if I return to game, then open up the settings menu again, it has reverted to "no input device" with the "Unknown error detected" back. I can at no point get any response from the mic test or recording. When I hit the PTT for proximity, it registers the button pres on-screen but there is no output.

I went in and manually rechecked the ports that Veratu posted in the Sticky for this topic, but no change. (other than I didnt notice if my actual namebrand audio input was available before as an option)

I can hear folks, and can follow orders, but cant acknowledge or provide assistance. bummer.

Perhaps a post or two from some of the folks whose chat IS WORKING would be of benefit, to see exactly what the difference is, in case its some obscure setup thing.
  6. Nirual

I found a rather drastic way to solve the problems on my end: I uninstalled the game from steam and installed it directly from the website. From all I can tell, SoE doesn't even try to actually integrate the game into steam so it didnt really make a huge difference... but my mic was working afterwards.
    • Up x 1
  7. gamma6

I tried the same but it didn't work. ******* annoying bug.
  8. gamma6

I've tried everything I can think of, it just doesnt work. As soon as I hit Enable Voice it doesn't work anymore. Could we please at least get a response to this? It ruins the whole game.
  9. HighPriest999

I'm not sure if it's just me. But I unticked the 'Enable Voice chat' box, then ran the record test, and my audio worked fine.
    I'm wondering whether the patch screwed up the tick box and off is on, and vice versa...
  10. Kaoschan

Same here.
    Before Update 1 my mic worked fine with the VoIP system, after the update no setting i set up eneables me to speak via VoIP.
  11. GMajor

I had the same issue the other day, i'm not sure what may have caused it but when recording I noticed the volume graphic move fine, but playback only worked for not even half a second.

Reboot seemed to sort it, along with the disabled windows key issue! (ffs)

Not sure if its related but give it a go, if you're like me and just hibernate your machine it might be broke for a while until you reboot!
  12. HighPriest999

Disregard. Issue is still continuing...you'd think a big multi-million dollar company like Sony would at least acknowledge there's a problem if they bother to check their game forums.

We need a fix for this fast otherwise people are gonna lose interest and play other games.
  13. Endyo

Same problem here. The patch killed my VOIP capabilities. It has nothing to do with the mic as it works properly with other applications. I'm assuming it's something with the drivers being supported. I'm using my onboard motherboard sound - VIA HD Audio that is on the ASUS M4A87TD EVO motherboard.
  14. OurHouse

The same as others, my voice fails to transmit since update 1. I have no problems receiving voice, just transmitting. There is a momentary crackle when doing the record/playback function but no further sounds. My headset functions fine in TS3 and other games.

Here's what DOES NOT WORK...

-- Remove and let the launcher reinstall vivox*.dll, Planetside2.exe, SoundSettings.xml, UserOptions.ini, LoadingScreen.xml, InputProfiles.xml.
    -- Turn off/on the Enable Voice option including doing game restarts in between changing settings.
    -- Update and Reinstall drivers for my headset.
    -- Remove and reinstall all sound drivers from Device Manager
    -- Kill Steam before or during running the game.
    -- Change Input/Output devices in Planetside voice and sound settings
    -- Enable and Disable "Exclusive Mode" options in mic and speaker properties
    -- Remove and replace the bluetooth USB receiver
    -- Port forwarding UDP 20040 to 20199 and 5062
    -- Turning off Windows Firewall
    -- Changing general sound levels settings and voice levels
    • Up x 1
  15. gamma6

So another day passed without any help from SOE. I've tried reinstalling without Steam and also rebooting (I hibernate) but the problem ain't fixed. And they expect us to pay for stuff in this game?
  16. powerz

I would suspect they are aware of the problem but it's usually their policy to not publicly admit they made a mistake let alone acknowledge any real problems..........because we all know SoE doesnt make mistakes........let your wallet do your talking........close it.
  17. Flinz

Bump, exactly the same problems as described here, since the 12/12 patch. Logitech G930 headset. Worked fine before.
  18. Hyperzone

Just felt like sharing:

I use a "cheap" USB studio mic ~$150 since it's handy and USB I use it for all my voip as well.

GameUpdate1 "broke" voice for me, much like for all of you but it appears really simple:
    Under input devices, there are no USB input devices anymore.

GU1 broke this. I tried a few things and nothing fixed it, I really cba beta testing stuff for them now. I can write a short report though.

So from this, everything else follows... all of you that say "I transmit only static", this is why. You're probably transmitting from a device (non-usb, default onboard analog input probably?) which you have no mic plugged into. It appears to me almost all you mentioned you have USB headsets or something connected to an USB dongle (which is its own audio device as well).
  19. gamma6

Unfortunatly it's not that. It's not just USB devices with the problems. I for one have a Sennheiser headset plugged into my X-Fi soundcard. Also the 0.5sec you hear is not just static, it's the first 0.5sec of the actual recording. If you talk while pressing the record button you will notice this too.
  20. MurderBunneh

It has nothing to do with usb or not usb. Same problem for me if I use logitech usb set or creative non usb set.
    you turn the freaking voice option off you can clearly hear your recording. Turn it on you get .5 sec of recording then nothing. No response from SOE is ******** I saw them respond to another thread in minutes.