BUG: Game Update 1 - Mic Problem

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by lilbabygiraffelegs, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Endyo

Same happened for me. Not sure what else to do but bump this and hope we can at least get some acknowledgement.
  2. OurHouse

Likewise, the UserOptions.ini settings were not at 0.000000 for any voip channel. I played with the file anyway, without success.
  3. Jaeger41

Same here... Mine was at 0.5, same as all the other volume settings.
  4. UnterGangDK

When u test your voice in the game . does it register the sound ? (that volume bar that goes up and down) but u cant hear it
    or is it not responding at all ?

Been getting some feedback and seems that alot had the ini file thingy but at least as many people have other issues with the voip

would like to know what kind of headset you have (USB or jack)
    what soundcard your using
    and Operating system (32/64bit incl)

And if Other people who Post here do the same and we get enough feedback maybe a patern will start too surface
    Been reading all the sound issues post here on the forum and anywere else related too planetside 2
    Seems too be alot who post that have USB headsets
    but also people who dont , but soofar its like 90% USB from the posts i read ... Pattern maybe ? :)
  5. ripster0

I have a headset that plugs in with a jack (well, two jacks, one for mic), a RealTek sound card and 65-bit Win 7.

The problem I have is the half second pop of sound and then silence whlie testing mic settings with the record button.
  6. OurHouse

I'm starting to get tired of troubleshooting for it, but we can give this a shot. This evening, I plan to scrub this game off my computer and reinstall, as a last attempt to have VOIP to play Friday and Saturday.

To clarify, my voice does not transmit in game, but I receive voice fine. Additionally, the record/playback function does not play back my voice. I have met others in the game who are able to transmit, but the test functions do not work correctly for them either. All channels in group voice options are ok, all settings in general sound and voice options are ok. I do not transmit voice in ANY push-to-talk channel, though my name comes up correctly on the HUD when I hit the appropriate PTT key.

Microphones: both bluetooth USB and 3.5mm wired in front or back panels
    Sound: on-board VIA HD audio, Plantronics BT300, Bose USB Audio (any combination does not produce different results)
  7. Endyo

I too am using Windows 7 x64 and 3.5mm plugs that go to the onboard sound for my onboard sound. The onboard sound is VIA HD audio. As I've mentioned, it's the same problem everyone else is having.
  8. RageKage

My settings were also set with correct values (0.500000) but I changed to 1.000000 to test the fix.

The voice test does register when I am talking, but the Record and Playback only record the first 0.2 seconds and then it cuts off.

I was in an outfit last night and they could hear me when I talked in voice despite the test not working properly. So I was transmitting, but the test was broken.

I am using Windows 7 x64, using the Steam version of Planetside 2. My sound card is Creative SB X-Fi, onboard sound is disabled through the BIOS. Headset is plugged into the front panel mic/speaker jacks.
  9. FateJH

Anyone else change ExclusiveMode=0 in their UserOptions to 1? does that do anything? I know I have my microphone set to allow applications to request exclusive use of it ...
  10. Lanith

Bump same issue here. Mic not working on vent or TS3
  11. mGGCwnAnnwn

Yup, me 2! Fix this plz
  12. chriso1220

Same issue here. plantronics gamecom 780 USB headset. Records about a half second of sound in the test, then nothing. Nobody can hear me in game, even though the talk icon comes up. The mic works fine outside of the game. I receive voice fine.
  13. Fish225

Same problem here. Tried the fixes suggested and nothing worked. :/
  14. sebo

15. FLHuk

For me unticking the "enable voice" box worked ONLY if I did nothing after and left the game. Upon loading and testing the mic all was good if I touched the "enable voice" button at all it stopped.

I then checked the "useroptions.ini" and the setting was saved correctly at 0.5 being my choice as per > http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...update-1-mic-problem.65682/page-3#post-864606

To restate, for me at least, uncheck then EXIT the game completely.... If I touched any other setting this would not persist and the mic would not work.

Good luck all.
  16. FateJH

After allowing applications to take exclusive control of my mic in Windows 7 ...
    Control Panel->Sound->Recording [tab]->Microphone->Properties[button]->Advanced[tab]
    ... and telling PS2 that it can ask for exclusive control in my UserOptions.ini, last night I actually advanced my microphone problem from "completely unresponsive" to "mostly unresponive." I still can't confirm whether my microphone is transmitting in any of the channels except squad (where it sometimes works), but the record test now actually records 0.5s of my voice before breaking to silence rather than just recording 0.5s of static, then silence.

So there's that.
  17. teehachse

having the exact same issue.... really need this fixed!! whats the point if you can't talk to each other!!
  18. NotTheMomma

Same problem here. Quite frustrating to stand still while trying to type "Enemy Sunderer by the [DOH! respawn]".

Win 7 64-bit
    Realtek HD onboard audio, latest driver
    Headset w/3.5mm plugs
    Game initialized by Steam (not sure if that's relevant but hey)
  19. GoTDirt fromMAG

I'm having the same problem since the Patch #1. Both my mics & all of the same troubleshooting outlined in this thread & haven't had any luck. A different thread mentioned that the supplied VOIP may now be push to talk (which I believe used to be a check box previously but no longer exists, maybe my imagination).
  20. ShadowRam

Same Issue.

Ventrilo Works,
    TeamSpeak Works,
    Mic works in Windows testing,

Run PS2 Only (no vent, no TS, etc) Still doesn't work..

RealTek On Board Audio,
    Driver 6.0.1.6657

Selecting Default Sound Input or specifically the RealTek Mic Input has no effect