[Suggestion] Buff VS - Nerf TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Halkesh

Amen.

I wasn't speaking about outfit and squad, I wanted to say this :
    Take 12 random VS that don't know each other. VS player will play more as a team, even if they aren't into an outfit or a squad. They have more teamplay / interaction with unknow ally then on other faction. I only speak about basic action, like revive, give ammo, attack in group, or mann a gun on a MBT. I think VS do this far more often than NC and TR. (it come probably from magrider, since if you've 1/2 on this vehicle, you're blind and dead)

------
    As far as I know, all ESF have the same HP and resistance. TR have better max speed, NC have better afterburner, and I can't remember what VS have, but it probably have something.

About landmines, TR one are easier to spot but they are rarely in you line of sight (placed 1meter behind corner). VS/NC are harder to see but they'll generally be in you line of sight or irght behind a corner so you have more chance to spot them.
    And claymore are also deadlier, because the OHK explosion is greater and it explode instantly.
  2. asmodraxus

Lets see

Infantry weapons = balanced barring a few outliers, those that are need to be adjusted
    Sidearms = all suck compared to the NS weapon series, however the VS pistols suck the most

Max abilities
    TR get increased fire rate for the cost of mobility (with a 1 second deactivation)
    NC get directional armor at the cost of fire rate
    VS get shafted as zero upsides (ok 1 less bullet to kill someone within 10 meters and a very minor increase to walking speed) for a 30% less health and a big target pointer, and no way to turn it off once activated.

PPA, completely destroyed by the devs who have been sticking their head in the sand and failing to admit its now a P.O.S. and needs to be fixed as its now rarer then rocking horse excrement, same as the ZoE.

Magburn, fun to use, but lacking in its combat applications.

Tank weapons
    Vanguards HE needs the reload speed to be the same as the magriders, or have its splash increased and both need their splash increased to compensate for not having a second barrel like the prowler does
    HEAT see above in regards to splash
    AT relatively fine

MBT secondaries
    GK needs to be nerfed into line like the Harasser variant was, or the other three (Sarons, Enforcer and Halberd) raised to same level (increased projectile velocity for them and the bloom on the Saron reduced?)
    Mjolnir needs to be buffed to some extent.

Either the PPA needs to be buffed seriously or the other two raised to the same lethality of the PPA, ie increased bloom per shot, decreased damage (i.e. so it takes two shots from the canister to kill if all the pellets hit but with the nice new bloom and cof good luck with that).

Other than that its all balanced.
    • Up x 1
  3. TOXIC_MACHAMP

ANUVAY SIAY OREMAY CCURATEAY
  4. Insignus

I'm not sure what your post has added to the discussion. Further more, I cannot help but remarking that it seems that people are incredibly enamored with ARGUING about balance, rather than actually achieving it. The "YOU ARE AN EVIL FACTION TROLL NERF THEM INSTEAD" seems to predominate this forum a lot.

Also, TOXIC, could you possibly cut down your forum signature? It massively distracts from your posts.

The VS ESF has markedly better manueverability, largely being unaffected by gravity.

The Prowler has a second barrel to enable TR to try and match the vanguard shield, forcing the NC to use the shield in stand-up tank fights. The second shot is also useful against Magriders.

I'm not sure your argument about the GK holds. It appears to have been handled appropriately. Would need to consult the stats.

I don't see a lot of people using the PPA, so it may need a buff.

But I maintain that an easier solution to our problem is to incentivize population balance.
  5. Saturax

For some reason mosquito have best manueverability ( im not complaining, just saying )
    Realy good think about VS esf is beter visibility from cockpit ( fell ashamed use 3rd view NC/TR (like99% yt videos...))
    + ability land almost anywhere + shape of wing ( easy decapitate enemys on bio lab tower landing pats + epic use in esf cqc ( catch mosi tail and roll and throw mosi on ground is epic move )) :D
  6. Ryo313

1. ok wasn't exactly sure what you wanted to say.... yeah i noticed that too but that doesn't have anything to do with balancing the equipment you get. thats more of a player issue.

2. VS ESF has the best manueverability. having the "max speed" doesn't really help you unless you are running from your opponent (dunno about aircombat i suck at flying xD but the Scythe is the most beginner friendly ESF of them.)

3. yeah that might be a bug with the greater OHK explosion ( some ppl were talking about it iirc) but then again... you are forced to place it at least 1m behind a corner or else everyone can easily spot and destroy it from a save distance unlike its counterpart from VS/NC which are way harder to spot. so its kinda compensating for that with its range.

nope. manueverability isn't the same as speed. speed only affects you in one direction (forward) while manueverability affects your ability to roll and moving in any other direction. thats where the VS ESFs are good at. and like you said "catch mosi tail and roll and throw mosi on ground is epic move" if the mosi were so good at maneuvering then that wouldn't be possible.
  7. Ryo313

go play some COD if you don't like faction diversity

yes there is currently a BUG. a BUG that needs to be fixed that doesn't have anything to do with balance.... but with bugfixing.
  8. PasitheeVS

About 2.)

The Scythe might be beginner friendly, but has the worst maneuverability. The Reaver has the best maneuverability (best vertical thrusters and agility with equal Airframe). The Mossy is somewhere in between. The Advantage of the Scythe is an accurate front gun and an allegedly flat frontal hitbox.

Also the Scythe might appear more maneuvarable, because it is slower and less maneuverable, thus easier to use.
    It's like the difference between a Formula 1 car and a compact car.

About 3.) Appart from it's buggy detection and hitting through walls, what is OP about the Claymore is:

i) the low visibility - BB/PM have glowing lights and take a large surface on the ground (thus are easy to see around corners). The Claymore is slim, the grey color sheme fits to the buildings and the Green Lasers that I remember seeing years ago, became invisisible due to graphic patches maybe.

ii) The instant explosion. When I see a BB/PM behind a doorway I ran into, my reaction is:
    "FOAK, a BB/PM" and I keep running to get out of its OHK range.

When I see a Claymore however, it is: "F..." BOOM Dead.
  9. TOXIC_MACHAMP

lol my igsay isay uposedsay otay oday atthay lol
  10. Insignus

People generally only intentionally distract people from content when they:

1) Are Trolling for giggles
    2) Are Attempting to distract from actual substantive discussions
    3) Have nothing substantive to add, but wish to give the impression of doing so at first glance due to the length of the signature
    4) Want to inconvenience others by forcing them to scroll through the text wall in attempt to hijack the thread.

I would politely request that you pick one and return to the topic at hand.
    • Up x 1
  11. Nurath

Stop gas-lighting the TR, it's just tragic.