[Suggestion] Buff VS - Nerf TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Apr 29, 2016.

1. PasitheeVS

[IMG]
    [IMG]

To make it simple, so even the Forum TRolls understand:

TR is permanently overpopped, VS is permanently underpoped, NC is somewhere in between.
    This leaves us to the simple conclusion: TR is overopowered, VS is overnerfed.
    The population queue changes nothing about that, only reduces a symptom.

VS

Things that should definitely get buffed are:

- Vehicle PPA
    - ZOE
    - Pistols (make them ES, not NS-Revolver-Downgrades)
    - Magrider (It surely should have the worst DPS-Health Combo for it's pretty good movement, but that's too much. Also it's too inaccurate and has too less front gun elevation and muzzle velocity)
    - Infantry-Primaries (LMGs, and esp. Carbines and ARs)
    - Vortex add a tiny little bit of splash damage to make it at least a bit seld-defendable against infantrs

About the LMGs Carbines and ARs I can say that they have the least Damage per Mag (NC has high damage/bullet, TR has 40 bullets instead of 30...) making them even weaker with higher population.
    This is especially important for the Carbines and ARs with their usually small magazines.

Also the accuracies are pretty even while TR and NC have lower TTKs (TR: High RPM, NC: High Damage per Bullet).
    To have at least one advantage (apart from the useless no bulletdrop for less muzzle velocity, which is far more important) the Devs should think about increasing the ADS multiplier to something like 0.6x for all/most current 0.5x ARs/Carbines and yes, LMGs.

TR

Skill in Overpop.
    Easymode until Nerf.

If I remember right, that's the TR's slogan...

What should be nerfed:

- Prowler (lowskill easymode machine that tears down everything that gets in it's way due to monstrous DPS and accuracy and also acceleration and top speed)

- Claymore (not only OP, but bugged. Detects, explodes and hits through all kinds of Collissions (walls/shields))

- Lasher Fracture Maxes. They now take the role of the Lasher, this one however is a actually lethal, does huge area denial and shakes the camera like crazy. The buff should be rethought.
    Same goes for Pounder. it might have a low Vehicle KPH, but that's because it's an AI and anti-Max weapon.

- Infantry Weapons (lowskill easymode weapons with high accuracy, DPS and magazine size)
    Reduce the magazine size of 143 damage Tier Carbines/ARs from 40 to 35 (still an advantage, VS and NC have 30 here). Also some LMGs of TR have a way too great Magazine size... like the T9A "Butcher" or was it written with an i instead of the u?

- Repeater/T4 AMP (cqc primaries sedcondaries with outstanding DPS and great aim (because you don't have to click like crazy and ruin your aim and your mouse))

- Striker (ever used an ESF or seen it on a Valk? Nothing more to say.)
    • Up x 3
  2. Dirge

Biased person is biased.

There are a few things that are imbalanced, but nothing that is so glaring that it needs a nerf more than the game needs other things (more content, performance buff, pop balance, etc).
    • Up x 12
  3. PasitheeVS

pop balance is only achievable by balancing the faction powers and this logically requires either nerfs or buffs or both.

And you can get more Performance by encouraging less bullet and vehicle spam of the TR.
  4. Scr1nRusher

Why not just buff VS?

Why does everything have to come with revenge fantasy nerfing?
    • Up x 2
  5. PasitheeVS

Why not just nerfing TR and NC without buffing VS?
    Who says buffs were better than nerfs?
  6. orangejedi829

A "Buff VS" thread.

Never thought I'd see the day.

[IMG]
    • Up x 8
  7. FateJH

I disagree.
    We've danced this danced many times and we're no closer to any of the servers being balanced by population via equipment as a proxy than when we started thinking that was a possibility. We try our hand at this, some other faction else takes up the mantle of pariah, and we got at it again, wrecking havoc with that which we perceive. We've also demonstrated worse imbalances through our actions than where we once were.
    We need to rethink this whole concept and come up with something better.
  8. PasitheeVS

So, do you have anything relevant to say?
  9. Scr1nRusher

Buffs are always better.

No one should have a short straw.
    • Up x 1
  10. FieldMarshall

Buffing/nerfing vehicles/weapons should be because of vehicle/weapons balance.
    Its not to be used as some carrot on a stick to force people off their team.
    You could argue for it all you want, but no serious dev is going to even consider it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hoothers

VS NEED WEAPON BUFF THE MOST
    NC HAVE HIGHER DMG /BULLET = OP
    TR HAVE HIGHER RATE OF FIRE = OP
    VS HAVE NO DROP = NOT CONCLUSIVE UNLES U FIGTH AT RANGES OF 200 METERS WHERE SMG OR AR'S DONT COUNT ANYWAY

VANU BUFFS ARE NEEDED
    • Up x 1
  12. orangejedi829

Nope, just uncontrollable laughter.
    • Up x 3
  13. Hoothers

vs is least played faction because our weapons and vehicle SUCK SO BAD compared to what TR and NC have
    THIS IS WHY PPL PLAY MORE TR AND NC, more OP WEAPONS
    Or are you blind and dont see truth ?
  14. _itg

Forumside at its finest.
    • Up x 11
  15. BurntMyWater

So we nerf the TR to get people off the red team. Some of them leave ps2, others will migrate to the blues or the spandex team. Then when those get overpopped, we nerf them and buff the TR instead? Then once again the population migrates to TR, and we nerf them and buff VS again.

It sounds like you're setting up an endless cycle of nerfs and buffs, something that I think a lot of us would like to avoid
    • Up x 1
  16. PasitheeVS

The story of Planetside 2.
  17. The Shady Engineer

Is this a serious thread? Ah well, I'll bite.

Can't comment on ES vehicles or MAXes because I don't play those on my VS toon but I find the claim that VS automatic primaries are underpowered absurd.

For LMGs Orion is widely considered the best CQC LMG in the game. Not to mention it's a starter weapon.
    For carbines the Serpent is a GD-7F with a faster reload but slower muzzle velocity (no bullet drop though, obviously) and Pulsar C is a Merc with 5% higher TTK but easier handling.
    For ARs the HV45 is basically a carbon copy of GR-22 which in turn are TARs with less capacity per magazine but faster reloads and better ADS accuracy. Terminus is a more accurate and fires faster (lower TTK) than either the T1 or Carnage but lacks the extended magazine capacity or .75x ADS respectively to balance it out.
    • Up x 1
  18. Hoothers

200 dmg /bullet for nc and faster rof for tr = ur opinion is invalid
    buff vanu
  19. FateJH

No, I am not standing on a corner yelling the sky is falling for reasons of personal feelings.

VS equipment is good, though prone to excesses when their faction trait is taken to its extreme. Even in times when that is the case, though, and their population is concsidered higher for having so-called "OP equipment," their numbers still don't swell tremendously greater than the other factions. Higher, but not tremendously so. Even in PlanetSide Classic history, I oft hear that VS was not blessed as much as the other two factions in terms of having reserve manpower.
  20. gartho33

huh? Really? Last time I toe to toed with a Mag in my Prowler.... I lost.... (granted they had a decent gunner with a Sauron and I had a pleb with a GK) but that was at 200+ meters.... To boot... I've yet to best a mag that got the jump on me....

I'd also like to know where this "our weapons are UP" is coming from? I consider myself an average (if not just below) player and win half (or just under) the face to face encounters I have with any weapon you tote around....

Quite frankly, the game balance has never been better as far as I am concerned. The only change needed is a "LOOONG" range AV for NC (preferably NOT guided).
    • Up x 1