[Suggestion] Buff VS - Nerf TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Apr 29, 2016.

1. AxiomInsanity87

This is what op wants of TR lol. Go to 1.05

2. SteamBoiler

VS has a lot of good things going for it as a faction.

-The lancer is a really solid empire specific rocket launcher. The damage is decent for what it is capable of doing. This weapon can snipe vehicles and air from very long range. It is very satisfying to blow up a wounded harasser moving at full speed with the lancer. This weapon can effectively deny an area of any vehicles and large aircraft when used in groups.

-The lasher. Many people say this weapon is incredibly weak, I disagree. This weapon is incredibly powerful in the right hands. This remains my favorite weapon in the game. I have wiped out entire squads with this weapon due to its splash. This weapon excels when you have the height advantage or if the enemy is backed up against a wall/rock. The lasher is not the best at 1v1 but it can be very effective when hipfiring at their feet and strafing back and forth. I wish more people would use this weapon. 2 or more lashers firing on the same target will very quickly wipe an area out of enemies.

-The magrider is also my favorite tank in the game. The learning curve is steep yet it is the most dangerous tank when manned by a competent driver and gunner. This tank is more reliant on a gunner than any other tank but that's okay with me. With the aphelion the magrider becomes an excellent close range flanking machine. The magburner can be used in many ways including getting to hard to reach places and performing quick maneuvers to line your magrider up with the rear of an enemy tank. I have the vanguard, prowler, and magrider all maxed out and the magrider reminds my highest score/min tank by far.

-Scythe PPA is a solid anti infantry air weapon.

The only problem I have with the vanu is that ZOE is incredibly weak, it needs a complete redesign and overhaul. VS is a great faction. VS is likely not popular because of its ideology/flavor. Most people like the feel of ballistic style guns and not lasers, purple bullets etc.
  3. Ryo313

nerf VS buff TR ? ok XD

obv troll is obv. nice one op
  4. Saturax

Yea OP is troll i play VS only +-3000 hours and i know tr/nc weak points beter then nc/tr players :D
    Only thinks i must agree with are:
    ZOE -need buff or change skill ( when did you guys see it last time ? 2014 ? :) ) Dont forget it was in same update like NC shild TR deploy so we take out short straw after 3xNerf of ZOE... ( only glowing of all MAX did stay from first update... )
    Vehicle PPA -only 1 hit get good accuracy second is splash on 30m all 3+ shoots will miss 95% still on 30m dont bother shoot over it its like lotery you will kills some one ( +when you make pauses between shots it still take too long get again good accuracy of first shoot so its imposible shot 1-1-1-1 shot or 2-2-2-2 fast in line )
    Claymores (AI-mines only) -from all fractions TR mines are hard to see... NC so-so ( when you are lucky you get see moment it brighten ), but VS mines 3 permanent lights on it :confused: ?
  5. Ryo313

for me its the other way around.. i can spot TR mines way easier then VS ones and god forbid those NC mines ... they are the hardest ones to spot for me xD so NC = Hard VS = Medium TR = Easy.
    so thats just personal....

TR Deploy sounds great and can be deadly if used right but it comes with a huge disadvantage... you are a sitting duck.
    thats not really op tbh... but yeah ZOE needs some love (but not the op love VS usually get xP)
    but so do Fractures... they're still crap compared to other "toys".

i always find VS harder to fight against then NC tho...
  6. Scatterblak

'Revenge Fantasy Nerfing' = name of my next squad. Ty sir.
  7. Hoothers

Numbers and player count don't lie
    less players play VS , and more play TR and NC
    Because VS weapons suck
    BUFF VS, it;s coming
  8. AxiomInsanity87

Freaks don't deserve buffs.
  9. asmodraxus

So you want to roll back all the buffs the TR got then freak?
  10. Ryo313

yeah vs just locked down amerish... yep very up ...

srsly vs get your **** together you don't need any buffs xD nor does TR/NC need any nerfs xD
  11. Hoothers

ROADMAP = BUFF VS
    ROADMAP = BUFF VS
    ROADMAP = BUFF VS
    ROADMAP = BUFF VS
    ROADMAP = BUFF VS
    ROADMAP = BUFF VS
  12. Moridin6

were not op, and youre just spamming not even making an attempt at conversing at this point because every "fact" youve put out has been disproven, and youve got Nothing. nothing but emotional bs. youre no Vanu, go play something else.
  13. Tr34

VS is the most op faction currently. VS dominate all servers, what about this? NC is the most inferior faction atm, if some faction's empire specific items need buff, it's NC.

[IMG]
  14. Halkesh

Faction are correctly balanced.
    About alerts win/lose : the main thing that change between faction is the players brain and their organization.

@Tr34 : do you have the stats of the revive by faction ? (to me it reflect than a faction is more organized). I'm pretty sure VS beat TR and NC.
  15. Insignus

I have a suggestion that may shortcut all of this nonsense.

Firstly, it seems to me that trying to control faction populations via equipment is an imprecise method. Any serious attempt to do it will swing the pendulum to far, necessitating more balance, This creates a See-Saw effect.

The inherent problem here is the challenge of attempting to counter balance three different factions. This is something that can and should be the subject of discussion by unbiased players and developers with the aim of producing a fair and fun experience for all factions, not as a reactionary attempt to make ones own experience more fun in the short term. As other posters have pointed out, each balancing change introduces a chance of player attrition, an effect that increases as the popularity of usage of the equipment being balanced increases.

Instead, we should balance and buff the populations. Allow me to explain:

When new players join the game and create their first character, they should be advised that joining whatever faction has been statistically underpopped on a given server over the last 2 month period will give them a major starting boost, thus making them more likely to develop and attach to that particular factions play style. Sure, they'll experiment and try other factions, but there's also a probability that they'll adopt that faction as their preference.

I could also see this being introduced in a diminished form for all players upon creating their first character on a server. Alternatively, a mid-term xp buff on that character, on that server (Say, 2-3 weeks of +25%) could be used.

I would put an opening bid at 1500 bonus certs for new players as part of this mechanism. As a compromise, with the construction update, all players should get 500-750 certs for free to encourage them to try the ANT. Or some other bogus reason so that they didn't pile on with butthurtery.

Another interesting feature would be a filter in the character selection interface for "Bonus XP" showing which characters whose server/faction combination is currently underpopped.

FInally, I must object to the OP's tone regarding balance, which seems unrealistic and unwilling to compromise. This in my view is not a optimal outlook to achieving their goals. Remember the wisdom about compromise:

16. chuck105

It's as simple as this. The TR gets a bigger mag on almost everything, from pistols to esf noseguns, plus higher rof. VS gets no bullet drop on some weapons, just not the ones that matter, with the exception of battle rifles. Not on tanks, not esfs, not on sniper rifles. The NC gets more alpha damage and dps up close on everything, including vehicle weapons, maxes, etc. The VS get decent weapons, but the es qualities of them are weak, useless, or nerfed to ****. The VS pistols are by far the weakest and hardest to use, the beamer is a joke. Typically the VS gets nerfed TR and NC pistols, because for some reason we can't have competitive options. The TR has the best tank, best esf, best rocket launcher for dealing with harassers, best burst pistol, best auto pistol, best heavy weapon, best tank turret, best ai mine... And you wonder why they're the most played faction on a majority of the servers?
    • Up x 2
  17. Hoothers

THIS x 1.000.000 times
    BUFF VS
    • Up x 1
  18. Slandebande

Too bad the statistics don't support those claims eh? (Except the Claymore in its currently bugged state, that is a bit silly).

Why doesn't it surprise me that you agree with someones claims even though they aren't supported by any statistics? Oh right, because none of YOUR claims are supported by statistics either. Except the (bugged) Claymore, that should be fixed of course.
  19. Ryo313

1. asymetrical balance. finally someone who gets it. its close to be "correctly" balanced.. there are still some tweaks to be made
    but then again... each faction has their strengths and weaknesses and ppl need to learn those. (you can't fight VS the same way as you fight NC but thats what makes the game interesting)

2. that might be true but then again... how come VS wins the most alerts on almost every single server?
    you can't tell me that only VS have the best organized outfits.. that can't be true ... thats impossible when you look at the playerbase i know some good organized TR outfits as well and yet VS comes out on top almost every time.
    how do you explain this?

thats simply not true.

1. there is no "best" tank. you use them differently. you can't fight with a Prowler like you fight with a Venguard for example.. Venguards are build for direct frontal fights (the shield gives them an advantage in this situation) Magriders are for flanking/ hit and run tactics ( their movement ability is the best out of the 3 tanks) and Prowlers are better at range (they can't take as much dmg as other tanks but have higher dps) so if you aproach each tank you have to be sure which tank you're fightning because you aproach them differently.

2. again... not true. they are different. TR ESF is faster but doesn't take as much dmg as the NC ESF. VS ESF has the best movement and is the easiest to controll.

3. striker? haha nope its the worst one x'D have you ever tried to hit something with all 6 rockets? you need to hit something with at least 5 rockets to even deal almost the same dmg as any other RL.
    VS ESRL hits further (also charge up mechanic)
    NC ESRL can be fired from a safe spot where you can guide it to your target.
    TR ESRL well... useless after a certain range . the "coyote" mechanic isn't that great and you have 2.5s exposer time while fireing all 6 rockets... plenty of time to kill the guy who's shooting with the striker (after the first 2 rockets you should already know where he's shooting from)

4. Faction diversity. again each one is used differently at different ranges. they all have their up and downs.

5. also not true. VS ones have the best accuracy and NC have the best alpha dmg. TR has the bigger Mag and RoF but doesn't deal as much dmg as other LMGs and the accuracy isn't that great either.

6. the huge thing that everyone can spot easily ? NC mines are nearly invisible and VS mines are also sometimes hard to see unlike the TR ones which aren't flat.
  20. Diggsano