Battle Flow System - No Tactic anymore

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheMan21, May 25, 2013.

1. SgtScum

Works a charm on mattherson even back when the hex system was around.

One of the easiest ways to open a second front is to have a squad leader take an esf and drop on a base near or next to the one all the action is going on.

Once there they pop a beacon for the rest of the squad to drop on to help secure the spawn and general area as an infil hacks a vehicle terminal to get a sundy so the rest of the force can spawn there.

After that you all pull relevant vehicles and have at it. Simple as can be but probably one of the most underused tactics around because you can't flip the base for any xp so most don't do that stuff.

They just beat their heads against the zerg due to no imagination then come here to whinge about the devs taking away their gen blowing and uncontested ghost hacking.
    • Up x 1
  2. r1stormrider

i stopped reading after this.
    • Up x 1
  3. r1stormrider

our server had an amerish alert the day of the lattice implementation. by your reasoning everybody hates lattice so much. obviously thats not true since the alert was ignored. people stayed on indar.
  4. Spookydodger

Indeed. Especially with Harassers and a sunderer or two. Few things disrupt a cohesive enemy front like parking a sunderer behind enemy lines and watching the enemy fight in two different directions. Usually we get overrun or have to retreat, but the front is broken by that point and friendlies are pouring through the cracks.
    • Up x 1
  5. Major

If every continent goes lattice, I'll bet you less than a year there will be at least one server merge, by the shear amount of anti lattice threads and the fact that my entire outfit left lettuce land to play on Amerish because fighting over Howling Pass for 3 hours became boring should tell you something, for some reason, and I am not sure what that reason could be, I don't think you understand, I am going to guess you have some sort of mental challenge that requires the use of one of those helmets with a drool catcher.

When people in my outfit started to log off, and we had less people, the bases we were defending started to fall, because all this system is, is a very much dumbed down system whos only strats require you to have more numbers, that's it, that's all it is, and COD is the most successful franchise ever for shooters, not sure why at the end of all of this you won't be happy until the game is like PS1, complete with barely any one playing it, and a very large community that did play it, but left because of the terrible changes that kept on coming, that stole from the depth of the game, only to make it a linear lead me by the hand because I am incapable and unable to think for myself, I need a pretty line to tell me where I can go.

Good games.
  6. Moises J.Ramos

Exactly nobody complained with PS1. All they needed to do was repaste PS1 into Forgelight, but sadly they didn't do that, and now they are paying for their faults. Glad PS1 is free, and will be going F2P. The problem with the current game is that the game was designed with BF3 minded gameplay. Not PS1 gameplay. Is not that hard to have added a inventory system while still having a FPS feel to it. Borderlands did it, and with all this resources stuff. Example by having less Infantry res as a whole empire not as a player. The player could have regarded his life knowing he could have lost that gun he is carrying or if he wanted loot other empire's guns like in PS1. By having less infantry the bases could have lost their weapons count, and you would need to go to the warpgate or resupply the base with the ANT.
  7. Major

Alert was played on my server, and people were on all three continents, the Alert was locked, on Amerish.....
  8. Major

Yea, that's why PS1 bled players, like PS2 is bleeding players as it is changed into PS1, because everyone loves the changes sooooo much they are constantly throwing up threads because they just love the lettuce, and the changes that are being made, they are leaving because they are good changes, for the better, and that's why the game isn't attracting lots of newer players, all makes perfect sense now, thanks for clearing this up for me.
  9. Spookydodger

You either had vastly different experiences on a different server or a different time of day. Most of the time, for people I run with, we had a choice of:

1. Fight at the crown, guaranteed fight (if incredibly stupid)
    2. Fight at a biolab, guaranteed fight though a lot like playing Unreal Tournament in a bucky ball.
    3. Find some place with a big fight, have fun for about 5 minutes and then either a zerg came by and smashed us or the enemy stopped spawning there.
    4. Find some place for a big fight, find nothing, and cap a string of "important" yet largely undefended bases.
    Literally one time our platoon commander said, after a 30 minute stretch of capping territory for strategic improvement "ok, after this cap, we're going to redeploy to actually have some fun."
    Yes, you could deploy behind enemy lines and cause a ruckus, however your target of ruckus were largely as defined above. IE most of the time there was either NO ONE to fight, or HALF THE POPULATION OF THE SERVER to fight with your 2-4 squads. Sure there were exceptions, but the above situations were 75% of what we encountered as Waterson VS.
    Now you know where the fight is. You know where the bulk of the enemy is. And more importantly, you know that your forces are probably engaged with that enemy. Your faction-mates have locked the enemy down, and now you can take advantage of that in a variety of ways.
    And I can tell you two things for certain: I don't like fighting in meat grinders, and the new system has been 95% fun for me. That's been the biggest difference, for me, between the old system and the current system. My friends and I are having pretty constant fun, and we avoid the front-lines as much as possible.
    • Up x 3
  10. Spookydodger

What do you mean the Alert was locked? Do you mean the continent was locked, ie it had reached its population cap?
  11. Rockstone

Planetside 2 isn't bleeding players. Planetside 2 is GAINING players because of the Lattice. Fights are MORE focused.
    The people whining about the lattice are sockpuppets, or a very vocal minority.

Planetside 1 bled players because of the imbalanced BFRs. It had NOTHING to do with the Lattice. Planetside 1 launched with a Lattice and the Lattice is what made it FUN!
  12. Spookydodger

Do you have any proof that players have been leaving more in the last few days than in the days previous?
    • Up x 1
  13. ExarRazor

ps1 bled players because the devs made a few mistakes, which they corrected, but it took them awhile. by the time they fixed their mistakes, people had moved on to WoW and other games.

the lattice helps direct battle flow, which means players have a clear goal progression, and can find fights quicker.

the hex system made virtually every deploy a crapshoot, since by the time you got to a hex that had action, that fight could have moved on to a completely different area.

the lattice is easily the best thing to happen to this game so far, and the only people who DONT agree are the very same type of players who would have left PS1, and for the exact same reason: refusal to adapt.

so, once again, please go back to your cod/battlefield epeen stroking and leave planetside to the real planetside players
  14. Major

^^ Dream world, and complete BS.
  15. Spookydodger

Are you basing this off of threads in the forums? Because there is a reason there are geometrically more threads complaining about things than there are threads happy about things:

16. Rockstone

That's not an argument.
    I'm right. Deal with it.
    If you don't like the Lattice, please leave Planetside 2.
  17. Major

[/quote]

They left for the ******* reasons they are posting in the constant threads they are constantly posting, is there honeslty something wrong with you? There has to be, no offence, and once again PS1 went down the tubes with a few thousand left on the servers, this doesn't really sound all that successful to me.
  18. Major

More complete BS, a few months of people fighting the same lines for hours and hours and hours for the same places and the servers will empty, because it is what happened before, and there is already much unhappiness with the lattice, it was a bad idea in the past, and it is a bad idea now.
  19. Moises J.Ramos

Actually now that PS1 is semi F2P. You know what keeps making me go back?. The lattice, the inventory system, the well designed bases, the continents, and the continent lock. Funny the game release with all this.
    • Up x 1
  20. Rockstone

That's not what happened before. People were playing Planetside 1 until BFRs got into play.
    The only people who are complaining about the lattice are sockpuppets like you probably are.