Balance Pass Post 1: Vehicle Weapons and the Harasser

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joshua, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Pikachu

More damage modifiers that goes against real life, bleh. Might be the only way out though. Best would be to never having secondary AV weapons in the first place.

Good that the AI weapons gets buffed but I see no reason why it has to be limited to short range. A straight up buff is the right thing to do. I don't expect C85 to be even restored to it's previous version.

Will the damage falloff for secondary AV weapons affect their explosion damage? :confused:

I can no longer have auto repair and radar?
    [IMG]
    Could we give all tanks a level 1 radar by default?

Good to see them buggies less resistant to C4 than tanks. Currently harasser can do kamikaze attacks and survive while a lightning starts burning from 1 C4 brick.

Looking forward to see details of these ones yet with a worried mind. I fear they will make infantry survive rockets, and MAX AV weapons will get even worse stupid damage modifiers against infantry than we have on the test server. They sure won't restore the falcon projectile.
    • Up x 4
  2. Van Dax

in the unofficial patch notes on reddit there is something. http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1pkrjm/pts_unofficial_patch_notes_30103010/
    • Up x 2
  3. Charlie

I sense nerfs are coming for the ZOE.

It's about damn time!
  4. Pikachu

Luperza talked about this in some recent video that they and she personally experimented with jump jets for vanu MAX but it turned out incredibly overpowered.
    • Up x 1
  5. EliteEskimo

Joshua please include the Engineer AV turret and all infantry AV weapons that can be used beyond max infantry render distance in the balance passes. These weapons need to have their ranges reduced to max infantry render distance because they are currently destroying combined arms gameplay by allowing infantry to kill vehicles while being not rendered! Video evidence for your enjoyment or shock is posted below:eek:

Evidence for the AV Turret

Evidence for the Lancer (Travel to the 9 minute mark of the video)

Evidence for the Striker

Evidence for Lock On Weapons

• Up x 8
  6. Van Dax

and you prefer zoe? I can think of a lot of ways to balance it and its not like you can't get absolutely everywhere anyway.
  7. SpaceKing

I like what your doing here, but if possible, can you make it the harrasser doesn't out-flash a flash?

Right now it's a super-flash that requires only a friend - it's (harder, better,) faster, stronger, more agile and has 360 degree shoot radius.

There's no practical reason to use a flash anymore except for a little derp fun with the cloak.
    • Up x 5
  8. WyrdHarper

9. Pikachu

I would prefer something else than ZOE. It sounds strange that their jump jets would be crazy powerful. I didn't play the first game. Btw she said that this game is much more vertical than the previous meaning jump jets have more usage.
  10. Van Dax

Tank Mine projectiles! :D they also changed their explosion radii (from maxdmg 4m, mindmg 8m; to maxdmg 5m, mindmg 1m (so now the further you are from the mine (between 1 and 5m), the more dmg you get. nanites.))

should make it so that turboing over won't work.
  11. Van Dax

thats not entirely right, jump jets in ps1 allowed you to bypass walls and doors that normally were hard to fight through, in ps2 the walls are full of holes and there are no locked doors. bases are taller but that doesn't mean much compared to the way the defenses are structured.
    • Up x 2
  12. WyrdHarper

Yeah, I saw that. I got distracted in my excitement over shiny new things! I'm interested to see how that ends up working; the adjustment looks like it's also going to infantry mines, which could be pretty powerful. It's definitely an interesting solution to the problem.
  13. Gheeta

I really really hope lock on changes are on that list.
  14. AJay

Nerf the harasser into the ground.

SCORCH THE F****** EARTH
    • Up x 6
  15. Madmojo

Too little and definitely too late as of yesterday.
  16. teks

Please balance weapon velocities!
    Huge huge huge huge.
    No reason for the main cannon velocity asymmetry.

Fix HE cannons.Having tanks that hunt infantry gives tanks that hunt tanks a purpose in combined arms.

Otherwise, this is wonderful, and I think it was well-thought out. I'll see how it goes when the details are released.
    • Up x 1
  17. daniel696

Resuming the Thread = Harassers being r*ped.
  18. Sirisian

Okay, also nerf turbo recharge and make it so you can't heal in the backseat? It's not that hard to balance them. None of the changes described will bother people. (I was already at close range for most of my kills with them).
  19. SharpeShooter

Proximity Radar Change
    • Proximity Radar is being moved to the defense slot
      • Proximity Radar is intended to be the defensive warning against approaching infantry with C-4, but it’s become obvious that the other options are vastly preferred in the Utility slot.
      • We feel that moving it to the Defense slot makes more sense for the cert line and that this move gives players clearer defensive options to choose from.
    Please tell me SOE are going to refund certs from proximity radar? ofc I'm not going to pick radar over auto repair or something, and I would never had max the dam thing out on nearly all my vehicles if it was the case. As such SOE give me back my certs I have spent time saving as these skills to me know are completely useless!
    • Up x 16
  20. teks

I believe thats their intention with the Vehicle AP weapons