Balance Pass Post 1: Vehicle Weapons and the Harasser

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joshua, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Pikachu

Am I dreaming? o_O
  2. Torok

I care about what makes it to live, and a Red post is a good start for it :)
  3. Phrygen

You are going to let me use anchor mode and prox radar?

Jeeez... I mean thanks... but jeeez.

Also, I can't imagine why you think the Vulcan needs less range on the prowler. Its already a downgrade when compared to the halbred. Oh well, halbred for life as always, nothing has changed.
    • Up x 4
  4. Morti

Harassers, UBGL, max AV, Engi mana AV turret getting nerfed into the ground.

My christmas is complete.
  5. Pikachu

Tanks should have ES ability and small radar by default.
    • Up x 2
  6. Phrygen

I always used Prox radar from the start. To me, this is giving me a choice between front armor and anchor mode.
  7. Larington

Please PLEASE go to Planetside 1, take a look at how tank mines work in that and give us that as an option in Planetside 2, because at the moment if I try to put up mines around a sunderer I'm trying to defend, the harasser driver tends to see them and DRIVE AROUND them, completely negating their usefulness. I need to be able to mine a small area around the sunderer or on one of the approaches to a sunderer. The current PS2 mines are great for throwing myself at an enemy sunderer with blockade equipped but they are TERRIBLE at AREA DENIAL.

Whining aside, I LOVE the proxi radar change because now I'll be able to put radar on a Sunderer and hopefully kill them before they get to me, though there is the question of how I often need Mine Guard to stop the use of suicidal charge AT mines mentioned above against sunderers. That said, maybe have it as an option in both slots, not just one or the other?
    • Up x 2
  8. Giggily

I hope this means that you guys are finally removing sniper rifles from the game. It's almost been a year now and this hasn't been fixed.
    • Up x 5
  9. EliteEskimo

They just need to straight up give MBT's and Lightnings one more utility slot instead of making us have to choose between so many valuable options. Considering the resource cost on tanks being increased, and the fact that there are so many more infantry AV counters to use against tanks compared to the beginning of the game this shouldn't be asking for too much.
    • Up x 11
  10. teks

Lol @ every tank complaining but prowlers who get a crazy strong combo.

Ironically I actually suggested this, but I also suggested some other cool things I'd like to see.

Congrats TR! :cool:
  11. Larington

Have to agree with Eskimo actually, being able to double up on utilities instead would be pretty groovy.
  12. AnuErebus

Nope, not joking. I don't think a guy 200m away on a hill unable to do anything in a fight besides hitting a stationary target every few minutes is being remotely useful to anyone. I'll agree that if you land a running headshot at that distance you deserve the kill. However, considering how rare it is for even good snipers to land those kinds of shots I don't think it happens often enough to warrant making it the basis for balancing the relationship between nanoweave and bolt-actions.

I know, I'm a rare Infil to actually support nanoweave at certain distances but every time I see a line of infils on a hill doing pretty much nothing for the duration of a battle I can't help but feel like they need something to encourage them to actually join the fight.
    • Up x 5
  13. Pikachu

Good idea but I would prefer 2 defensive slots instead.
    • Up x 5
  14. Stew360

This is whats i want to heard about but also

HA nanoweave + resistshield etc.. DPS versus amor versus moovement ability , everyones will say unless they are bad faith or compleatly out of their mind , that HA have way to much survivability and options to avoid any kind of downside great thing to explain is RS+NW+Orion lmg +injector = Unstopable killing machine with 0 downside what so ever

NW armor as a whole agains Snipers but also agains Slower ROF weapons and more unresponsive weapons such as many specific NC weapons but some others in tr or vs

ZOE maxs

NC maxs range limitation and amo capacity and also reload time versus others empire anti infantry options
  15. Pikachu

Stew360 is back! :eek:
    • Up x 7
  16. Cswic

Hope they fix the issue of Harassers being brought up stairs in tech plants, towers, and other such buildings in order to defend / assault a point.

Saying "oh they'll be easier to kill now" does not count when it is an issue that should not exist in the first place. You design indoor areas to be relatively balanced out for infantry / maxes fighting, a fury or marauder harasser shows up at a chokepoint and suddenly that balance goes right out the window.
    • Up x 5
  17. TheAntiFish

I can understand where you're coming from, the numbers of useless snipers dotted around, silhouetting themselves against the skyline... Well they're a nice addition to my killfeed and an incentive to move after each couple of shots.. That's about it to be fair..

But as one of those snipers that does consistently land running headshots at 200m+ (With a suppressor i might add) there's nothing more irritating than hearing that "Plink" of shattered dreams. I mean, i could maybe accept a NW5 guy surviving... Purely for the investment put into it. Or maybe a specific (and expensive) "Anti-Headshot" option instead of flak/nanoweave etc.

It's just very annoying with the consistency of how many headshots i'm being robbed of nowadays! Some of them are Youtube video-worthy. (No i'm not one of those guys, it's just... infuriating when you realise the shot is going to land, you get that burst of adrenaline "Omg it's perfect" You watch almost in slow motion as your 50 calibre love-child makes it's way towards your enemies face... *PLINK* Enemy panics a bit and continues running and gets in his sunderer before you can fire a second shot. "ARGH RAGE &^%&^" Etc, you get the idea.)
    • Up x 4
  18. Pikachu

I like that kind stuff. :(
  19. FireBreather

I have no idea why, but why are you devs giving more options for vehicle users against LAs with C4s? I thought C4s received several damage reductions against almost all vehicles to a point that using C4s against vehicles are not as viable against vehicles anymore. In fact, I thought the HA rocket launchers and engineer AV turrets pose far greater risks to vehicles than C4s. It's great that you are removing that ridiculous damage resistance by harassers, but it's extremely hard to land a C4 (and let alone 2) on a moving harassers in the first place, and C4s won't be of much threat against harassers than as it was before. At least I'm glad to hear that mines are more effective against them.

At this point, indirectly nerfing LAs by giving vehicles more effective and viable ways to detect and deal with infantries at close range is pretty much beating a dead horse. However, if the dev's intention is to give vehicles better chance against infantries in general, this update won't make enough of difference (as RLs and AV turrets are just as effective at long range). May be this what you are intending, but I'm still not sure why you are making LAs even less relevant in this game given the general lack of class-specific updates for the class and series of downgrade adjustments made over almost a year.
  20. Phrygen

What are you talking about?

How is vanguard shield and prox radar not strong? making this into a faction balance issue simply speaks to your personal mindset.