Balance Pass Post 1: Vehicle Weapons and the Harasser

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joshua, Oct 30, 2013.

1. DeadliestMoon

Let's keep this thread about Vehicle Weapons, save the Nanoweave talk for the next thread.
    • Up x 4
  2. Bill

If you want to talk with devs, go make ticket in support.
  3. gnometheft

Please consider a revamp of the C-85 Enforcer Modified from a shotgun. Shotguns by design are not as nearly as effective as ranged aoe weapons like the marauder on MBT's or harassers.

Please if only for a second take the time and read my thread about it in my sig. Replace the c85 modified with something worthy, we have been shafted with this thing sense launch, and there is good reason why it's the worst performing HSR weapon in the game. The thread has all the reasons why shotguns aren't as effective, and good support from the community for a change.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kid Gloves

Prox radar is for more than LAs with C4. With certs in it, the range is sufficient to highlight other infantry threats as well - like HAs with rocket launchers.

Also, c4 nerf never happened. They discussed it, they trialled it on test, they rolled it back.

Also: increasing c4 damage to harassers and removing composite resistance? It sounds like one c4 might make a harasser explode now.
  5. teks

not sure what part of 'I personally suggested this' you took as a personal attack, but the answer is synergy.

I wont apologise for having a mindset that doesn't revolve around my own selfish intentions.
    • Up x 1
  6. FireBreather

It is very presumptuous for you to assume that I wanted to specifically talk with devs. I was making a general commentary on the post made the by devs. Also, post something more constructive next time.
    • Up x 1
  7. Mustarde

But you see, there are snipers actively being useless NOW, with nano weave blocking head shots at 50m. Any change that leaves a range of effectiveness for NW to block head shots won't really get rid of these individuals.

Let these guys remain in the hills - it's a low SPM/KPM activity that = easy pickings for most of us.
    • Up x 3
  8. Van Dax

RESTORE THE SARON!
    • Up x 7
  9. Bocaj

Seconded for visibility.
    Please consider the cert refund. It was done with the Grenade Bandolier or Munitions Pouch:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-patch-notes-august-8-2013.145701/
    • Up x 1
  10. Phrygen

Apology accepted. In the future, I would honestly suggest avoiding faction balance discussions when changes benefit multiple factions. If you do need to post regarding faction balance, its best to do so in a constructive manner.
  11. teks

Seriously, I was agreeing with somebody. You had no reason to attack me. I said nothing about faction balance. All I did was agree that something would be wicked powerful.

Please, take your own advice.
  12. AnuErebus

I know, but the way I see it if they are able to make every headshot a kill at those ranges they'll be more likely to keep doing it. Slippery slope, I know. I want there to be a better way to discourage that behavior but there's not much I can think of besides denying kills which would really make people change their behavior.

Ultimately I wouldn't really mind if they make it so bolt actions one hit kill at all ranges but I still don't think they need to one shot at all ranges to make sniping better. I'm also a fan of minor tweaks, tone it down first to see if it really improves things and then maybe patch it again later if there's still improvement to be made.
  13. DeadliestMoon

In all honesty, sniping is a niche thing. I'd say make the first gen SMGs (or full auto scout rifle) the default weapon for the Infiltrator and let those who want to snipe cert into and put up with the skill required to do so. As for the NW and BASR balance issue, I don't know, maybe increase the effective range in which you'll be doing maximum damage with a sharper fall off (in essence: 800 dmg at 50m out to 550 dmg at 100m). Anywho, let's really just save this discussion for when the devs create the Nanoweave balance thread.
    • Up x 2
  14. MurderBunneh

Ya you are right why not give them 4 slots it's not right they have to choose no one else does..it's not like they get a 3rd person camera or something.

3rd person vehicle should be in a locked position like when you are a passenger in a Gal. It should be used for reversing and maneuvering around friendlies only.
    • Up x 1
  15. GSZenith

noo how will we get ready for MLG now without our statpadding machine? :(
    side note, last time you saw a harr die to C4, me maybe a few months ago? when it was 0/3 and left alone.
    • Up x 3
  16. Chal

Boooo, so long Prox radar + Stealth Mag you will be missed. Hope they change Burner somehow in this patch, the choice between Smoke or Mag Burner is very underwhelming.
    • Up x 4
  17. Phyr

I like that the Sauron isn't just a re-skinned Halberd :/
  18. Blackinvictus

I agree with most of this, but cmon. Now I have to decide between nanites and radar for my "OP" Lightning?

That change seriously blows a$$. I would hope we would have some type of option to re-cert but not likely.
    • Up x 3
  19. DeadLamb

:rolleyes: really? Still? that's some "You bought me a new car? Yeah well I hate the color and I hate you too father!!" action right there..

They are doing a Harasser balance pass, something that would not even be needed if people would focus on team work more.
    They lower the armor
    weaken AV weapon range
    take away c4 protection
    increase mine damage
    increase AI weps so tanks can have the best of both worlds

and yet some still focus on repair on the move..

nice..

I'm going to say this right now, I'm going to enjoy killing gear oh so much more after this patch comes out. Being it's not repair on the move, armor or anything being balanced that is the main Harasser issue.. It's lack of team work and mostly lack of looking around.. Yeah I guess missing shots a bunch doesn't help but I like to think that drivers help make people miss. Even if maybe that's not really the case..

but other then that, good balance pass for the Harasser and it should cut down on the QQ post about it I hope. Even if as I said, odds are if a player is getting owned by Harassers now, you're still going to get owned after the patch. Being *psst* it's not the Harasser that's the real problem, it's you..
  20. Hrafnagaldr

Finally Prox-Radar + Magburner. Gotta save my certs. Like this change. Feels better than Autorepair imho.