AT MINES got nerfed???

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by snu, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Marzipanzer

Well that's disappointing. Way to succumb to the tears of baddies, SOE! Lower that skill/teamwork cap! Yeah!
    Bitter as I am about AT Mines being changed, I don't mind the 1m placement distance. I can deal with that. Mines shouldn't really be stacked on top of each other, anyways.

Not being able to place them on uneven ground anymore is ******* ridiculous though.
    "Sir, Sunderer in the hills!"
    "Throw AT mine under it then, soldier!"
    "I can't, sir! THE GROUND ISNT EVEN!"

DISREGARD THAT
    The only thing that's really a nerf is the automatic weapon switch. Hopefully this extremely minor nerf will get everyone to stop crying about engineers, as tossing mines under sunderers is still perfectly viable. It now is not instant death if an engineer comes near, so mine deaths are preventable by somewhat attentive defenders.
  2. Bloodlet

Stupid stupid stupid change.
  3. Marzipanzer

So after playing for a bit and successfully using mines offensively several times, I can conclude that most of this thread is kneejerk QQing.
    Mines are still ******* awesome.
    • Up x 1
  4. Copain

Mines are still pretty good, but it's frustrating that you basically have to get C4 To kill well placed Sudnerers now and that's the only way to kill them (And I do mean the ONLY way. With the entire enemy faction spawning on a Tech plant or something, good luck trying to kill a Sunderer that's parked way in the back, Chip damage will be healed instantly)
    • Up x 1
  5. Schenck

Sunderers can also be killed by (not exclusive to): tanks, gunships, fighters, heavy armor rocket launchers and bad driving. We engineers still have C4 to kill Sunderes - How about we head over to the combat medic, infiltrator and light assault class forums and ask them how they manage to kill one?
  6. GroundPounder

They change AT? Then give me my damn certs back!!!
  7. DarkFidelity

So are we able to place mines on slopes again? Was that only a bug? Only being able to deploy them on flat ground would seriously suck. I don't remember ever putting mines on a flat surface...
  8. Marzipanzer

I've killed two parked Sunderers with mines today. They're pretty big, so there's usually lots of places to throw down a mine.
    The only difference is that it takes slightly longer, meaning that you're more likely to get shot while laying mines.

Yes, we can lay them on slopes. I tossed one onto a 70+ degree slope, and while it did slide down a bit, it was placed on a slope nonetheless.
    • Up x 2
  9. GTGD

This is pretty ridiculous that you can't place mines on any sort of a slope whatsoever. And although it was kind of OP how you could just throw two mines down really quick to kill vehicles, throwing them off buildings was never a problem. If you're going to park your sunderer against the wall, you deserve to have it blown up. It isn't easy for an engineer to sprint over to it and kill it unless it's completely undefended to begin with.

And now once everyone starts picking up mine guard, there will probably not be many kills from mines anymore. "We want tanks to be the primary defense against tanks"
  10. Lord Nod

Tank mines being able to be used on sunderers was one of the big perks to being an engineer. It was what made me enjoy the class for heavens sakes! If they can't defend a sunderer from one person, to whom is the blame? Mine guard on a sunderer is a great thing to have for those situations, but now mineguard is useless. Nobody will need mineguard because nobody will want to even use mines anymore. This was a terrible decision.

The thing I wonder is why did they nerf tank mines when there are still mechanics and weapons that are so broken still?

The LA80 - NC sniper was promised to be a semi-automatic sniper with high fire power but low magazine rate. It turns out to be a bolt action sniper with lower stats than the default bolt action.
    The ammo crate on the sunderer continues to not grant exp to people outside of your squad while in a squad.
    The repair sunderer function grants no exp at all. Even in squads or platoons.
    The gate breaker sunderer continues to crash into gates and not pass through them when activated.

Why the tank mines? By nerfing these, not only is SoE destroying one of the few mechanics that make engineers fun and useful, but they are destroying almost any remote thought about investing in mine guard at the same time. This is utter devastation.
    • Up x 1
  11. Bavieca

Yeah, when I started reading this, I thought someone must be mistaken. I teamed up with another engineer today to clear out enemy sunderers around our base. We would sneak up to the enemy vehicles, clear out the protectors, and each deploy a mine to take it out. We did this for half an hour using teamwork and cleared out several sundies and enemy MBTs. It required a little coordination but was definitely worth it. Only problem was having to sprint back to an infantry terminal every once and a while. I feel like with the risks we took today and the difficulty of approaching them, this must be what was intended. It is pretty much like setting a det charge to take out the armor (it usually is parked and unmanned when we approach it).

I am intrigued about trying the flash with C4 concept. My thought is deploy a flash and have 4 engineers throw down one c4 on it. Let the driver ram it up the rear armor of the enemy sunderer and see what happens. TBH, I can't wait to see how this works, I will be certing c4 asap.
    • Up x 1
  12. FrothyMug

+1 for you, sir.

You guys need to quit crying about the changes. Mines are still as awesome as ever, you just need to make a slight adjustment to your technique.

1) Run up to Sundy or MBT
    2) Drop mine #1
    3) Spam your #4 key until the mine comes up again, while moving a couple of steps along the side or back of the vehicle
    4) Drop mine #2
    5) Run like hell
    6) Profit!

I played for an hour and a half this evening and killed about 8 Magriders and 4 Sunderers using mines. They're not nerfed, they're spam-proofed. Quit crying on the forums and get back in the game to blow s**t up!
    • Up x 5
  13. GTGD

Except tanks get mine guard 62% and sunderers get 70%. Cool 4 mines to kill a tank, which is more than any engineer can even place. Crybaby vehicles don't want to spend certs on it.
  14. JammyJ

Could a Dev confirm whether the switch weapon is a bug?
  15. ThePackage

This wouldn't be a bad change except for deploying things in this game is borderline broken. Losing mines, ammo packs all the time.

P.S. Why do I have to stare at my feet to prevent my stuff from disappearing when deployed?
  16. Lokarin

I like the mines. I agree with this change since even I found it silly to throw mines out of windows like yar playin' Goldeneye.
  17. Copain

Light Assault have C4, so does another class IIRC. Light Assaults are now best at it because Jetpack allows them to get to places easier/more hidden/faster (Tech plants for instance).

None of the things you mentioned besides C4 Reach into the back of a Tech Plant.
  18. Hoho5000

Fixed that for you.
  19. Yafes

I can still kill a sundy while enemy being lazy so I dont feel bad but please fix the frelling thing so it stays on mine after we deploy one.
  20. Nuubo

You do know that Engineers can carry and deploy 5 AT mines at once, when fully certed, right? Not defending the change, but you should check the facts before writing something that is not true.

Just FYI, you need 3 C4s to destroy a Sunderer and, if I am not mistaken, only the Engineer can carry more than two at the same time, so... no, LAs are still not the best, unless they attack in pairs :)
    • Up x 1