AT MINES got nerfed???

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by snu, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Corruptor

So, another step to **** the game, we already sacrifice the ammo box instead of the turret to use these damn mines (the turret one doesn't count, it will be fixed) and now we can't place mines at the same place, we have to wait for it to spawn like the ammo box and the turret, and also, it switches to first weapon when placing? I WANT MY CERTS BACK

Really? When the game needs a LOT of tweaks and bug fixes what they do? nerf mines!

What are you going to nerf next devs? tell us so we don't spend certs in something that is going to be useless in no time.
  2. Flukeman62

it was a mistake and will be rectified tomorrow
  3. Vortok

Can't toss them down from buildings/walls. Understandable that it has been deemed "C4 turf."

The current range (assuming they didn't hotfix it again before I used them) is pretty small, and they're planning to make it tighter. If you placed them as close as you could a vehicle might have a slight chance to survive if they came at your tank "line" from the side and only triggered one... but pretty unlikely. It was pretty much drop, take 2 steps, drop the other. Maybe half the length of a Sundy. Maybe takes 1 additional second to drop 2.

And now it appears to use the same coding as ammo box placement... so even more attention will be directed to the annoying auto swap bug, as if Engineers accidentally TK'ing MAXs wasn't already giving it enough attention. When that gets fixed, mines will probably stop auto-swapping to your gun when you place one too. The elevation thing can be annoying, but it's nowhere near as bad as trying to drop a mana turret so eh. I generally just mine a road/chokepoint instead of try to guess what offroad route a vehicle will take, but can see how it might be annoying to some who are better and predicting those travel paths.

Very little has changed to jihading enemy tanks/Sunderers beyond mashing 4 to swap back to the mines after the first. So apparently... pay better attention to infantry charging you/flanking you or cert Mine Guard, lul.
  4. Naberius13

It's only a problem for people too stupid to operate a zipper anyway. If the engineer mines your tank, your gunner, your team and your fellow tankers all need to communicate better. I don't even have my AT Mines happen yet, it happened to me. I laughed because it was my fault for parking my Lightning near a bridge to kill a Sunderer.
  5. Xasapis

• Press 5 to get the turret up
    • Don't deploy
    • Press B, it switches to an ammo pouch
    • Click mouse button to drop ammo pouch as usual
    This ammo pouch, unlike the one you put in your utility slot doesn't benefit from certs. It has minimum range but mid of the line time on the ground (stays 3 mins or so I believe).
  6. Xasapis

Two should be enough if you manage to stack them in the rear. I'll need to re-confirm this though tonight, too many undocumented changes in the game unfortunately.
  7. exLupo

Sundy suicide bomber nerf and nothing more.

Carry on.
  8. Xasapis

Well, changes will be reversed for now. However, even with the current implementation, a poorly guarded sunderer will not survive a engineer suicide bombing it. ONly it'll actually is a suicide bombing this time. By the time you're set to drop the second mine, the first one goes off, so you basically need to circle the vehicle so as to keep yourself away from the blast radius. And since one or two points into mineguard means it resists the two mine kills, you end up staying next to it for a possible third mine drop.

Before you'd just toss the mines and run, with a higher probability to survive. With the temporary changes, the sunderer will still die, it's just that the chances that the engineer will survive the bombing are even slimmer.
  9. exLupo

Gonna be like how it was with an Infil suicide bomber with Boomer vs AMS in PS1.
  10. Xasapis

I'll just revert back to C4 tbh, if mines are changed in such a way that my chances of survival are not similar to sticking C4 in the back. With only the increased resource cost as drawback, carrying C4 provides more advantages and more versatility (people have started using mineguard now).
  11. exLupo

Mineguard proliferation is just the meta. When people stop using AT mines as much they'll go back to side armor. Then the mines will come back and with it the guard so out go the mines...
  12. Shiaari

So, let me get this straight, a lot of players are angry because they can no longer walk out alone and instantly destroy Sunderers?
  13. Corruptor

everyone knows it, and as I said, it will be fixed soon or not
  14. Yafes

What I do not understand is why AT are being targeted by nerf missiles when there are lots of stuff needs urgent balancing.
  15. Shiaari

The way they were abused is why they got moved up the nerf priority list.

Mines were not intended to be used that way. You put a mine on the ground and wait for something to roll over it. You don't "throw" a mine at something and expect it to do damage. The same thing applies to proximity mines, and if nerfed in a similar fashion has no affect on my gameplay because I use proxy mines as they were intended.
  16. snu

yeah extended mag for burster on NC/VS side is broken, says it doubles ammo in each magazine when it only gives +5.

what i dont understand is why they nerf the mines, when there is mineguard cert, now NO ONE will ever cert into minegaurd.... useless cert is even more useless now, since there is virtually no threat from mines anymore. also when infrared makes mines glow.

just because people cried about it, they nerfed it, now we get to stare at the vast parking lots of sunderers, other sunderers wont be able to get their turn for deploy because no sunderers are dying, and now you will be seeing ALOT more of the "friendly fire on deployed sundy", that is for sure.
  17. Shiaari

Ugh, if you're reinforcing the very bottom of your tank, you're doing it wrong. Mines are situational. You're far more likely to take fire from another tank or infantry before rolling over a mine.

Reinforce the front, and face it to the enemy. When you withdraw, reverse... don't turn tail.

Mines are NOT offensive weapons. They are ambush weapons, which means they are deployed in advance... not on something.

EDIT

And if you're staring at vast parking lots of Sunderers, then your tanks aren't doing their jobs. I realize anti-tank weapons aren't very popular in this game, because you can farm more certs blowing up infantry, but a tank driver doing their job carries anti-tank weapons and searches for and destroys Sunderers.
  18. hostilechild

All engineers should just now mine enemy tank/sunderer deploy spots :p

Was always my favorite spot anyway, if it looked like the base was lost, it was mine the vehicle bay. Nothing pisses someone off more than pulling a new vehicle to have it go boom (and you can't control vehicles for the first few seconds!) :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  19. Shiaari

Thank you! This his how you do it.
  20. Aelloon

Let's say a Sunderer has 167 HP, one mine would do about 90 damage to it (that's <54% of its life) without mineguard. At least this is what I measured in the pixels on the hp bar, how accurate that is is another story. This means that with maxed mineguard (330 certs) it would take 6 to 7 (probably 7) AT mines to kill that sunderer. SEVEN.

One point (30 certs) into mineguard makes it so you have already like 25% health left on your sunderer after two mines.

You can see mines with nothing with ease, almost anything can set it off also getting somewhere like that is dangerous and if they see you they know what's up. Also, IR/Thermals will light them up like Christmas trees. Why would I ever want to carry AT mines now when I have C4?